Very Low FPS during Hero Select and randomly throughout the match ever since Ashe update

The game is literally unplayable no joke, I can’t kill anyone if my game randomly goes 7fps every 30s… this is ridiculous. I thought this was also meant to be an optimization update. Instead it made my game worse. I was fine with my steady 30fps… this below 10fps constantly is unbearable and off putting.

11 Likes

I’m getting something similar to this, albeit probably not as much that you are. I will be playing and randomly my game will decide to stutter around 5-10 fps, this only lasts around 10 or so seconds though and only happens about once every 2 minutes probably.

That being said before the update any first few games that I would play would get horrible frame lag (1-3 fps) sometimes even freezing the screen for a bit. This typically went away around the third game and I’d have a buttery smooth frame rate, except at moments of high intensity. So this patch appears to have fixed this issue, but brought another issues to the table.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. One game my FPS randomly dropped to 15. Another game it stuttered for a moment here and there. It’s very annoying.

i also noticed worse performance, i never had any frame drops before, playing the game on high…with limited frames to 70.
now in the menu its 60 fps, in game is 70, but with added frame drops.
that never happened before, i dont know what changed, i didnt change anything on my PC, and everything is up to date, i maintain my PC regularly

Same here. Had constant 144 on high now im going between 80-120 everycouple of seconds on low. i thought this patch was to IMPROVE performance haha -__-

Not sure if I have the same issue but upon initial start up of the game my fps seemed to drop hard, it was like this in the menus. After joining a game it remained the same for sometime then went back to normal.

My only idea is that it could be loading in new content and simply my system is too slow to handle it.

1 Like

Similar issue. Since the patch the frame rate is terrible regardless of my settings. In game it hovers at about 30 (was 60) and dips down to 15 depending on how much action is on screen. From high all the way down to everything at custom low.

1 Like

Same here, glad it’s not just me, the game is unplayable since the “Ashe update”.My settings are all on low I can’t go lower.

Do you all also have issues with the mouse not fully registering your movements?

I’ve got the same problem.(Please help)

Not here, just the frame drops. Try to disabled your “enhance mouse precision” option (on the control panel>Mouse) if you didn’t already.

Having the same issue as well with the fluctuating FPS. It’s making it super unplayable and very annoying. I noticed this in the PTR when Ashe went live, too. Thought it would’ve been fixed by the time she got brought into the main game :c

There was a similar thread to this where one said to just reinstall the game or closing any background running apps that might be causing it… didn’t work :confused:

Same here - absolut unplayable

I’ve had the same issue, both FPS and mouse registry. I uninstalled through the Battlenet launcher and reinstall, and that solved the issue for about 2 hours, now the problem is back.

60 fps locked, never had any problems until this update. Now i suffer weird fps drops in heavy combat, and random stuttering. Didnt Blizz said something about “optimization” in this update? In fact, game performance getting worse with every update. Whats going on?/// Same in-game settings, worse performance -
fx6300 3800mhz, gtx 1050 2gb, 8 gb ram, win 7 pro

1 Like

I doubt it’s because of content loading. I have a GTX 960M, 16gb of RAM, Core-i7, and a solid state drive, and it happens to me too.

It happens ALWAYS when someone in the match change their characters…

1 Like

Same here. Got huge FPS drops since ashe update, i have gtx1070ti and i5 6600k. Which is pretty decent for this game, im pretty-pretty sure.

In the same boat. FPS have taken a huge dump since the patch where sometimes it’ll be at 50ish to dropping to 20s, then back to 50s, then something in the teens.

Comp has been out of the question since the patch, and even QP is just a (literally) headache inducing mess. All drivers are up to date. Not going to re-download the game since it hasn’t fixed the problem for some. As much as I love the game, unless something gets fixed, it’s game over man. :frowning:

2 Likes

Same problem here, at the start of a match my game drops to 27 to 20 fps and sometimes during gameplay to 15 fps.

1 Like