Venture: Super fun, but needs nerfs

Their damage seems a bit high for how tanky/mobile they are.

6 Likes

How many ventures do you have on your screen?

5 Likes

There are plenty of thems.

1 Like

Sounds like venture party!
Excavation Initiation!

Lower their primary damage from 80 to 70, but in exchange increase their digging speed from 30% to 50%

4 Likes

I think the digging cool down could be longer, but in general I don’t think she’s a problem. I’d rather go against her than Soldier, Genji, Sombra, Tracer, or Sojourn.

Judging the game’s logic, Venture’s burst is honestly really strong… if you land it.

I’d like to see a nerf to the burst and a buff to the sustain damage. But I’m not yet sure to claim this statement myself.

I feel like they bring nothing to the table for a meta shift in itself.

1 Like

Also, indirect hits need to do way less splash damage, like half. The projectile is huge.

1 Like

She just needs a couple damage nerfs to abilities. I think they on purposely left her damage numbers high so that people would want to play her more and test for them all the bugs and things they want to iron out. I would be surprised if this was the release state of her.

1 Like

I think a bit lower damage in exchange for dig not being a death sentence when used in combat would be good.

2 Likes

My thoughts so far

1. Pop out of ground + drill dash + fire + quick melee combo feels a tad cheap despite requiring high investment and having a lot of escape opportunity. I’m not sure if it’s unbalanced, but I can especially see it being a problem in lower ranks where people won’t notice the big drill in the ground moving towards the supports.
  2. The ult seems kind of unfair for low-mobility low-agility low-health heroes, but then again there’s only a handful of heroes like that in the game and they’re supposed to be frail
  3. the huge vulnerability window both on entrance and exit makes burrow’s immortality more than fair

My guess is there’ll be small nerfs to the ult and either primary fire or drill dash before release

Their primary damage does 70 not 80

1 Like

Venture seems like a high risk high reward character. Their combo makes quickly picking a target mid fight and removing them fairly easy. But to do so also makes Venture vulnerable since their digging is highly telegraphed and the fact that Venture has pretty short range. Their inability to crit and obvious weakness to long range seems like a fair trade off to me.

tbh I’d give up some damage for more range.

1 Like

I really don’t think they’re broken at all. It’s kind of the plus side to having so many dps. It’s hard to be more OP than the other what 18 dps.

2 Likes

How are the numbers high. Widow can one shot. And multiple heroes can 2 tap. They don’t have crit capacity in anything they do either. I’m not seeing an outrageous damage or ttk from them. And the range makes it balanced. You’re saying a dps shouldn’t have the capacity to three tap heroes when most the dps roster is capable of it.

1 Like

Since she’s new two of them one on each team

She is pretty much Junkrat pre health changes good. Junkrat should have back his combo if she gets hers.

1 Like

I think people are just being thrown off by the animations and venture disappearing after popping up. Venture feels like a much worse dive hero than tracer/genji/sombra while also doing nothing to the opposing tank. If you want a hero to camp supports/snipers like sombra, I guess venture is for you. If you want to win, maybe not so much.

1 Like

That’s fine. But saying they’re better than junkrat is basically admitting they’re not op. In the slightest.