Venture: Super fun, but needs nerfs

You do realize Junkrat was pretty strong and widely used in high ranks pre health changes right? If you want to get rid of burst damage she can’t keep her combo going forwards. That or give Junkrat back his and admit you want the burst damage after all.

Oh wow that was… almost 2 months ago. We’re discussing the current game. Why does old balance matter?

Now that you said it, venture IS kind of like flankrat, but more consistent. Not that is saying much, junkrat even before season 9 was bad.

1 Like

Because she isn’t balanced in the current games philosophy of little to no burst damage.

How so. Again widow can one shot. And most dps kill in the same time frame. So what’s the issue exactly?

Name one projectile hero that can delete a player in less than half a second currently. Hanzo has a chance but if you are that close you continue to not exist. She gets to get away scott free.

They don’t kill in that time frame. Also the underground is very easy to read and to do max damage many heroes can outright walk out of the area if effect. Like .5s I guess when you’re completely oblivious venture moving. But to invest an entire kit and a primary fire and a melee. You’re doing all that in .5s. You’re a liar.

Singular “they” has been prominently used in English throughout history and is a grammatically legitimate use of language.

Google is free :heart_hands:

7 Likes

Let me tell you a story…

I was walking through the grocery store the other day when I saw someone drop their phone. I didn’t get a good look at them, since I only saw their back as they turned the corner. I hurried over to the phone to pick it up, but when I turned the corner to give it to them, they were gone!

Not wanting this person to lose their phone, I instead decided to go to one of the store clerks. It was a nice lady who said she’d make an announcement over the PA to inform the shoppers that there was a lost phone. Not too long afterwards, the phone’s owner showed up and they were super grateful to me for making sure it got back to them. I felt pretty good about doing a nice deed, thanked the clerk for her help, and then I continued on with my day.

The moral of the story is that it’s always good to take time to help folks and that no one was confused by the use of singular they in this story.

5 Likes

I don’t think they need a nerf. A single good echo/pharah makes them almost useless.

Given she is new, at least on on each team :thinking:

No it does 80 on a direct hit, each health segment is 25 hp, one shot from ventures primary does 3 segments (25x3=75) and a bit of a fourth segment so it definitely does more than 75, CCS have tested it as well all evidence suggests it is 80.

my opinions about the venture. it is not a bad character. They is highly disruptive in a completely new way. however even if the concept is good, Venture is too broken right now.

-the high damage she does. indeed they are far from being the dps with more damage, but they have one of the hardest to dodge. The ratio skill/damage doesn’t match. other dps like hanzo have a higher skill gap.

-the combo is crazy. I feel that giving a timer of one second between the underground and the dash would balance it.

• the damage per sec of the principal is too high too. increasing the distance but reducing the cadence could be useful. and of course reducing the splash damage

Yeah, just needs a few adjustments. Otherwise pretty cool hero to play against.

And even if the damage is high, most of it is melee damage. Sometimes you just can’t get into melee range, and Widow having an across the map one shot is much more powerful.

They are definitely a fun hero. But they do need nerfs. Pretty much every action venture does deals damage and gives him shield Hp and one of them makes him invulnerable/untargetable.
Probably needed primary damage and maybe melee damage.
The also have alot of upward mobility for an underground based character. And mobility in general. Being able to hide underground to escape damage, gain shields, charge jump out of the ground, gain more shields. Drill run to high ground to escape, gain more shields.

Venture is an overwatch 2 hero and every overwatch 2 hero needs strengths in every category or multiple strengths in one.

I would not change a thing for Venture at all.

As a DPS with zero range, the balance has to be that they are a threat upclose. And the primary is only still a 4-shot alone, and a projectile 4-shot at that. Yes, there is a nice combo, but using it guts your mobility, which is a fair exchange, and you have to be in touching distance to get hit by it.

I find Venture fair and I hope nothing changes. The ult does need to be fixed for when used on uneven surfaces and it downright doesn’t even come out across the ground properly.

But imagine if They’d say: “Bruh! Where are the rest of our phones?” - locked in a jail for stealing their phones.

In my language, we also have a form of pronoun replacing he/she to They, but the difference is that it doesn’t show the non-binary stuff, and instead shows your respect and is written with capital letter to show the difference between they (many) and THey (single).
In this way, when you say THey, you mean, Sir or Mam, like that.