Venture is visually unappealing

I almost never played her because she is so aesthetically unappealing. I played D.Va all the time because she is cute and sexy.

1 Like

That’s still under the trans umbrella

DEI. Inclusive characters are a thing and a concern for western developers and have been for years in case you weren’t aware.

3 Likes

The box of epic fail

1 Like

UGhhh, can we not go there? Leave that DEI to be misused with that bridge tragedy.

You’re making it sound like making diverse characters is a bad thing.

Depends how they do it. If they resort to bad stereotypes it can make the community of those people resentful of the inclusion. As a person with autism I’d rather they just not depict autistic characters because I’m worried they will get it horribly wrong.

Well,what do you think of Symmetra? She’s autistic.

I’m assuming is a color scheme issue people have maybe. But like they work in the dirt. It’s not like they would were their ball room gown for the game. Wearing all white isn’t practical either. Brown is what you wear when working with dirt.

1 Like

They can be diverse without being ugly you know.

1 Like

Blizzard says she is, but nothing about her actual characterizations suggests such.

Almost like they came around later and made that change.

What does being on the spectrum have to do with a person not looking generic?

I don’t relate to her at all. Symettra doesn’t seem to carry any of the social awkwardness or challenges most autistic people struggle with. She is highly succesful and part of a big company with an important position. Most autistic people struggle with employment. 85% of people on the spectrum are unemployed we face a big challenge just getting past job interviews because of discrimination.

2 Likes

That is because sym was originally written as an egotistical genius, not autistic.

That wasnt my question. What checkbox does venture check in their aesthetics? OP says they were deisgned to check boxes. Which ones?

1 Like

I think there’s a pink one, a yellow one, and a red one. Right?! Or something like that.

I think they look fine but I don’t like their hair. It is so untextured and blocky. Looks really low effort.

1 Like

How are they generic. When was the last person you saw with a neck tattoo of flames?

Tattoos have become so common place they might as well be generic.

You misread my comment. :eyes:

I’m talking about characters looking generically “attractive”. Not about Venture.