Venture is visually unappealing

Before anyone freaks out, this is just my opinion. I’m allowed to have it and you’re allowed to disagree with it.

I don’t know what you guys were thinking when you designed this character but venture is just ugly. This character is visually unappealing. When I compare venture to the rest of the roster, especially the recent new hero Mauga, its clear to me this character’s design is very low effort, or just made to check some boxes. Can we please stop making these mediocre characters? You create an absolute gigachad like Mauga then follow up with one of the most boring eye sores I have ever seen in this game. I’d rather stare at Roadhogs backside all day than look at this.

Please do better.

108 Likes

There are infinite ways a hero can look, and an equally infinite number of opinions about them.

14 Likes

Most video games are going this way now, sadly.

At least the OW1 roster remained generally untouched.

29 Likes

Yea and they all can be criticized. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. This character is a boring eye sore.

The market is always self correcting. In time, this stuff will go away. I’m just surprised after all the crap we’ve seen in recent time that companies are still doing it. For some reason they see a marketable future in designs like this even though its clear as day what most gamers respond well to.

11 Likes

venture looks like a hobo and the voice doesn’t really help as well, I would be lying if I said the kit wasn’t fun

28 Likes

I remember when Zarya was rarely played, and trounced everyone during the early days of Overwatch 1. And learning some great combos that I will never be able to do in random matches anymore.

Don’t judge a book by its cover.

5 Likes

I actually enjoy Venture’s design. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. Albeit, we can both admire Roadhog’s ham nevertheless. That’s what is truly important.

35 Likes

Bumfights are back on the menu boys

19 Likes

Venture reminds me a lot more of Jubilee for some reason.

3 Likes

When the cover of that book looks like this I will. Zarya is more visually appealing than venture is. It doesn’t always have to be about how beautiful the character is. Characters can look cool in other ways. Venture just looks boring.

2 Likes

They’re a million times more interesting-looking than Space Ranger to me. Space Ranger is just so… on the nose. She feels like they fed a “we neeeeeeed a new waifu” hero prompt into a machine lol difference in opinion i guess? I love the neck tat.

15 Likes

Yeah, gotta say, Venture desperately in need of some significant upgrades in the costume department. Not all the heroes can be winners, but this is really sub-par by Overwatch norms.

Maybe it’s just the bleh colors. Maybe recolors would actually help here. Idk.

10 Likes

Who is space ranger?

1 Like

It’s sad that you have to post this in the forums. Too many people don’t know how to properly debate without being mean.

9 Likes

It was an early prototype support they showed off at blizzcon. She’s next after Venture, but that’s open to change.

1 Like

Ugly or not, there will be r34 stuff with her sooner or later.

3 Likes

As far as I can tell, everyone is behaving today. Albeit, that’s partially because the banned half a dozen people yesterday. :joy:

3 Likes

Yep. These days so many people don’t know what an opinion is and take it as an attack so I felt like I had to put a reminder there. We can’t have conversations these days without a war breaking out it seems.

2 Likes

What boxes are they checking?

1 Like

A lot of people dont like having their opinions challenged, they see any opposing viewpoints as hostility.

6 Likes