Venture 1st impressions thread

Just post your first impressions on venture

Enjoyment wise it’s probably my favorite hero since echo, glad to finally have another explosive hero for the first time since launch. It’s almost like they took the good parts of reaper, junkrat, and, dps doomfist, without all the badds

Balance wise they seem fairly average, no glaring flaws, but I said similar about mauga so who is to say. Cooldowns are strong but lengthy and the burrow is rather slow so it feels fair. The one issue I forsee is a similar problem to sombra where in low rank lobbies they’ll be able to drill to the dps and the tanks and dps won’t attempt to save them. Doesn’t seem to hard counter or be hard countered by anyone which is nice. The one exception might be bap, since you can shred immortality field while damaging the people inside it and both your abilities and your primary fire are good against bunnyhopping

5 Likes

visual appearance - trash

voice timbre tone - annoying

mechanics - fun

would play, but can’t stand that squeaking voice and appearance.

3 Likes

Very fun hero, I love them.

Can’t wait for Space Ranger!

1 Like

I barely even noticed them. Though, it is quick play and mm in quickplay is non existent.

I’ll wait till they release in comp

Oh is she live for the sample weekend? Nice.

prepare for long queue times if quickplay even. first game (my only game in the last 4 hours) took me 11 minutes. maybe it died down a bit now tho?

Very blah visual design. Needs some help with costuming etc. Overly chipper child-like personality doesn’t jive with me at all. So, a massive L in aesthetics.

Kit is reasonably fun if you liked dps Doomfist in OW1. I didn’t, so she will not be in my personal toolkit. Probably an overall fun addition to the roster, as long as we don’t have too many problems with overtuning.

Basically, the first new hero since Doomfist to be added to the roster that I have no desire or intention to play.

1 Like

Gameplay - Lots of fun and variety, like a flex player’s dream. But that specialization would make them too weak at high ranks, yet way too strong at low ranks. Definitely gonna need some balance tweaks to even things out.

Appearance - Has to be one of the worst ever. I thought Mauga looked bad… this one looks like a baby Mauga, has a creepy cracked out looking Joker smile, and appears to be missing a lower tooth!! Just too cartoony, but to be fair, all character portraits were made this way in OW2, so I’d see this is OK if Blizz continued this trend as they started with Mauga, of these more comic book style heroes. I just think it’s very un-Overwatch like from history.

General - In my first two matches and in first few forum threads I read, so much people correcting the pronoun situation and getting all offended if people didn’t know or didn’t care. So much cringe I am not looking forward to.

1 Like

Very meh/ mid tier right now

Totally a throw pick into Hitscan/ Lucio comps

Hog and Reinhardt completely negate their gameplan

Still pretty fun to play though; pretty decent against dive if you play them more defensive.

Once I understood their kit more it was kind of fun. I can see Venture being very situational and against some comps mostly useless, but great in dives and well organized teams.
I do worry about having another hero that can sneak around in a game that is supposed to value positioning. Sombra is already stupid for that with her infinite invisibility. At least you can see Venture coming, I guess.
I’ve seen some comments saying Venture can’t handle hitscan, but I played a round where I held pretty well against some. They can’t hit you underground, you time the jump just right, they get hit by the explosion and you fire all the way down. Maybe in the high tier matches it won’t work as well, I don’t know.
I don’t know why people are even worried about their looks? It’s just another hero in the roster and it matches what they are. It’s weird the things people worry about instead of the play-ability and balance of the character. The looks aren’t going to change, just the balancing.

1 Like

venture comes off a little kid, and I’m not gonna like gunning him down

I think their gameplay looks fine, but personality wise Venture reminds me of that kid in middle school that tried to convince everyone they were a werewolf ngl

4 Likes

Why does Venture get hit by Ventures own explosion?

Kind of boring to be honest

Looks dumb af. I’m not even gonna reinstall to try him out. Just another piece of trash thrown in the fire.

1 Like

Annoying voice 0/10
would keep me from playing the hero just so i dont have to listen to the voice

Probably the ugliest protagonist I have ever seen in a video game. the costume is cool but the face ohh man what were they thinking 1/10

Mechanics wise looks pretty fun: but I give 6/10 because Im about 99 percent certain he will be OP on release because of the dig mechanic basically grants temp invulnerability

Venture character/ personality is ultra cringe.

Venture’s voice reminds me of Jimmy Neutron, and I can’t unhear it after I figured it out XD

2 Likes

They sound like the obsessive kid from school who had that one subject they REALLY knew well but could not shut up about.

Like that kid who knew things about some dead civilization, or swamp military operations, and they just would never stop swinging the conversation to it and would correct you abruptly if you were wrong about it.

That cracky voice where they don’t care about maintaining tone they just NEED to tell you things.

Gameplay wise I feel like the burrow thing is going to catch flack like every other invincible movement thing and I’m not looking forward to being booped around even more.

1 Like

Dont worry you can spend 10+ dollars to replace the character looks with whatever fever dream the ow artist had that weakend.

Give or take a month or two to get a hand full of skins.

1 Like