🥬 Vegan representation?

Just wondering to any lore-lovers and story buffs out there, are any of the characters vegan or at least vegetarian canonically?

1 Like

Probably Winston and Hammond. I do not believe gorillas or hamsters are carnivores. I could be wrong. I am no expert and my sister (the animal buff) is at work.

12 Likes

gorillas will eat meat and hamsters eat their babies, but

15 Likes

Hero 31 is a modified Broccoli

8 Likes

I picture OP as a farm animal sitting behind a keyboard :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Humans exist on farms

Humans are animals

Humans are farm animals

xD

5 Likes

Roadhog
“Say bacon one more time”
:sunglasses:

17 Likes

I was going to say from the kingdom of animalia mamaalian, I hated biology lol

Ah… Well, Winston gets his protein from peanut butter. Hammy, Hammy probably did eat his child.

1 Like

Do we need explicit representation for everything?

They’re both omnivorous actually. The irl species at least.

7 Likes

Well…technically every Omnic/robot hero.

8 Likes

Winston loves mexican food, specifically Tacos and Empanadas, so he is not vegan as far as we’ve seen.

you know, if there were 31 people on a police force, I bet one would be a vegan. maybe 1 out of 50

2 Likes

Not true. Bastion, Zen and Orisa are all fuelled by human blood.

7 Likes

It is possible that Symmetra could be vegetarian, as she’s Indian and India has a high percentage of vegetarians (due to religious reasons).

However, she’s from a region in India with one of the smallest percentages of vegetarian population, so there’s that.

Canonically, nobody has been confirmed as such yet.

3 Likes

This is not what I’m talking about. Do we need written, specific representation for every single little thing?

Yes, perhaps there are vegan overwatch heroes, but do we really need to know specifically who? We barely ever get relevant lore, why focus on forced representation for every single thing?

4 Likes

I’ve always had a theory that Roadhog is vegetarian if not vegan.

1 Like

I’m totally against quotas and I’m totally against lore, but to have a vegan hero would flesh out the cast.

I care very little for literature, so take it with a grain of salt.

Roadhog would eat another Roadhog, so no :slight_smile:

I thought he was, but then they gave him the butcher skin, i know it’s a crossover one but still, kinda makes the vegan thing seem less likely.

4 Likes

Not to sound negative but do we really need to represent every single aspect of life in a shooter?
Perhaps we need a hero with a passive…that’s aggressive, shoots participation ribbons has a voice line “everyone’s special” and ultimates the game into a draw. Of course I’m kidding and being sarcastic and maybe I read too much into the post but I just find this stuff kinda trivial and funny :stuck_out_tongue:
Much love thanks for the post and entertainment

3 Likes