Valkyrie Playstyle

Oh I’m sorry, I could be missing something. Are you trying to claim that you don’t try to get people on these forums flagged (which is against the CoC by the way)?

Also, by your logic, are you not constantly spamming my thread with your constant derailing of my topic?

“Spam is spam right?”

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

It doesn’t seem so false, to me. You yourself admitted to it.

3 Likes

Please, first of all try to stop false accusing the Mercy players of spamming the forums because:
1- The megathread got permanently locked thanks to people abusing the SR system (and I can bet something that the Mercy mains didn’t do that)
2- They want to play their favourite character but they hate it since it has been turned into a braindead and sluggish mediocrity which main purpose is to forgive bad game by her teammates if they can at least die next to a wall. Complaining about that is just fair and an obvious consequence of a poor game’s development which has endured for an entire year, time enough for being really upset.

This situation is beyond old. Please, it’s time to stop! (insert meme)

3 Likes

hey at least we can get a great view of ourselves dying!

A marvelous view! A glorious view! We’re making spectator mode great again!

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

And legitimate feedback does not spam just because you dislike it.

I didn’t need to make the accusation. You incriminated yourself when you said:

Which, according to the CoC, is abuse of the flagging system.

3 Likes

Hahahahahahahhahahaha. I’m seriously keeping this for record. How in the hell people up-vote your thread is just beyond me. Thank god the developers don’t listen to you because honestly you have no idea how balance works at all and clearly you don’t understand anything about design either. I mean you are so fundamentally wrong I got nothing more to say to you, the rest will be pure humor.

Not my argument. Never said skill = consistency.

Have nothing to do with what I said. Inconsistent by what metric? They both shoot projectiles so how is Pharah more consistent? Your example is not only not relevant, it has nothing to do with what I said.

Power levels? (resisting hard not to make over 9000 joke) What does that even mean? :rofl:

Clearly, if you can get to top 500 by one-tricking Mercy :rofl:

Literally nothing in common or remotely close to my example. Nice strawman - I mean you are comparing a projectile character vs another projectile character when I’m comparing a hitscan mechanically intense hero vs. a hero with no mechanic requirement at all. Your example has literally zero relevance.

I literally did.

You just did. The lack of self-awareness is astounding.

Oook? Not sure what you mean here.

This has nothing to do with our discussions. Other people’s arguments are not my arguments, I speak only for myself.

This sentence makes no sense or at least I have no clue what you are trying to say.

Because I’m not going to bother looking at everybody’s profile one by one and because there’s no way I can legally prove which one is a smurf or alt. I have the technical capacity to do so if I wanted to however. In all honesty, I don’t really care that much. These debates real purpose for me are only to keep my english language and mind sharp when I use it in real life.

Hehueheuheueh. You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about mate. And you’ve proven you don’t understand anything about balance or design.

Maybe because it actually makes sense? Based upon the fact that you outright refuse to disprove it? Maybe you cannot disprove it?

You do do an awful lot of bragging about something you cannot actually do. If it makes no sense, prove that it makes no sense.

In order for your assertions to make sense in succession (or out of succession, for that matter), the “skill = consistency” must be true.

You here state that character A does not require mechanical skill, while character B does. Both have the same power output. You then say that Character A would be picked more often than character B because character A is more consistent. For the first statement (skill) to be relevant to the second statement (consistency), there must be some association from skill to consistency. If there is no association between the two, you went from talking about skill to talking about something irrelevant to skill, and your argument becomes incoherent. The connection between skill to consistency to balance as you stated previously falls apart, as you outright admit that skill is not relevant to consistency.

So congratulations.

You just undermined your own argument.

See above.

Performance.

Pharah’s projectiles actually land where she shoots them. If you want consistency in performance, you pick Pharah. If you want inconsistency in performance but the potential to be more devastating in some scenarios, you pick Junkrat; he has more burst potential.

Pretty self-explanatory. Power levels are how powerful a hero is in contrast to their counterparts. A hero’s power level should be in line with the power level of their counterparts; that is how balance is achieved.

Try replacing “Mercy” with “Ana”.

Does switching the names make a difference?

If the answer is yes, you have proven exactly how injecting mechanical skill into balance is injecting bias into balance. If it is okay for one hero to be in top 500 via one-tricking, but not okay for another hero to be in top 500 via one-tricking, that, by the definition of “bias”, is bias.

No, you literally haven’t. There is not a single quote from that thread in your posts.

This is funny, being that you lack the self-awareness to realize that said assertion must have been implied for your argument to be coherent.

Either you are asserting that skill = consistency, and you need to disprove that Junkrat/Pharah counterexample and find me a strawman, or you are asserting that skill =/= to consistency, in which case your original argument isn’t even an argument.

This simply does not make any sense if skill =/= consistency.

Shall I quote you?

I mean…

This mess.

Oh, but it does.

I never said they were.

There are two grammatical errors there. It should be:

Then perhaps you should not be making claims that you cannot back up with facts.

Feel free.

You seemed to care an awful lot before I started questioning your assertions.

Actually, I do.

Are you ready for it?

That’s a pretty fluffy statement for someone who repeatedly refuses to back up their statements or outright undermines them one post later.

6 Likes

Man, you purposefully mis-read my arguments or you just don’t get it, I dunno. If a character doesn’t require any mechanical skill, basically holding a button to do the job, there isn’t any skill involved (unless you think holding a button is a skill :rofl:). That’s why skill =/= consistency because there isn’t any skill in the equation. It’s inherently not present as a variable. I dunno how much more I can simplify it for you. Obviously if we take the second example, a support that requires mechanical skill, the more skill she has the more consistent she would be. Seriously, that’s as simple as I can break down my argument, if you still don’t get it I will assume you are trolling. With that being said, if both healers have the same output - but one has a skill requirement but the other doesn’t, people will always pick the one that doesn’t because it is more consistent, because there isn’t a variable called skill present. This is bad design and bad balancing.

If you don’t get this simple irrefutable logic (and clearly you don’t), you have no place talking about balance/design at all because at your core you are wrong.

You cannot make a comparison between Junkrat and Pharah because both them have some basic mechanical skill requirement. I would argue that it’s more or less the same as they are both relatively very easy characters to play but that’s besides the point. Since both are projectiles you need account the trajectory and travel time and placement of enemy. Projectile =/= hitscan and completely irrelevant example because both characters require some form of aim skill regardless of how small it is. Not, the case with my example.

The rest of your stuff is just fluff.

O.o, you just skipped almost more than 3/4 of her reply.

2 Likes

His argument is incorrect at its core. If you base your entire theory on a wrong supposition that makes your hypothesis and conclusions thereafter wrong.

Hmmm no, I think you are just refusing to accept the facts they’re giving you.

Throughout the majority of this exchange you have been doing nothing more than giving opinions, saying “I don’t care” or “You don’t know what you’re talking about.” They on the other hand, has constantly provided fact.

Just saying “Oh that’s fluff” because you don’t want to read said facts, doesn’t make them any less true. :wink:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

2 Likes

i love how in valkyrie, youre advised AGAINST using rez (mercy’s strongest ability) because youll be wasting 2-3 seconds of the 15 second ult duration lmao. talk about counterintuitive… valkyrie enhances all her abilities! except for the one that actually has carry potential! yay

2 Likes

Creating Duplicate Threads
This category includes:

Creating threads about existing topics
Creating a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum

So yes, the flagging is justified.

That’s not under spam. :thinking: We can’t flag that as spam because spam is something else to Blizzard meaning only Blizzard can say whether something is:

And a mod has already looked at this topic, and made changes to it. Flagging it at this point would be out of abuse of the feature. Sorry trolls :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

That mechanical skill has no impact on balance and shouldn’t be considered when talking about balance/design? :rofl: That’s a fact? Man, you need take off your Mercy-bias glasses.

Oh, I’m sorry, where did they ever say “mechanical skill has no impact on balance”? [citation needed].

This, out of all the transformation ults in this game, Valkyrie is the only one that makes your standard ability (rez) WORSE than it previously was. But, you know…

“This was a Huge Success.®™”

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
Making non-constructive posts
Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages

almost all of these can apply to what Mercy mains are doing on this forums right now

• Constantly spouting the same “rEvErt mOErCy” gibberish and A MISREPRESENTED QUOTE by Jeff
  • Maybe not, but some people do it
  • This one is serious, constantly bullying and borderline abusing anyone who doesn’t agree with the groupthink happens constantly in their giant threads.
  • No-brainer, the constant ‘The developers aren’t listening’ or straight up just insulting them isn’t exactly constructive.
  • Oh jeez, this one is a doozy. The thread that was made earlier which was something along the lines of calling mercy mains out on this stuff GOT FALSE FLAGGED SO MUCH A MOD HAD TO STEP IN.

Did you even read my reply?