Valk and Res: What people aren't getting

I’d question if total resurrections is as much of a problem as what you are able to resurrect and when.

With the rare exception when I did something stupid while playing with friends prior to the rework every res I tossed was a significant decision that’d have impact for a while as I wouldn’t get ult again that quickly. As the rez required an ult I wasn’t having it as an option as much.

Post re-work I am going for the res whenever it isn’t going to mess up the fight or the risk is worth it.

As a result, post re-work most of my rez’s nowadays are of the worst players on the team that die the most unlike before the rework when most of the time I was getting up the better players/larger numbers at once with the occasional exception

Additionally, I think some of the recent balance shifts have made have made the results of some of the stats murkier.

Before the rework, my res count was more connected to my results than it is now. While you had games where I didn’t get many res’s hardly because hardly anyone died and games where I had some big res’s because I couldn’t keep people up I don’t recall it ever being as extreme as it is post re-work.

This is what my stats looked like on the type of games that were worth a stats screenshot before the update

Post update, my stats that I save are looking more like this:

As you can see, when my heals are decent to good my res count sits around 5 per 10 minutes.

I’ll try to grab a few screens from matches where my team or I do poorly as I haven’t been recording stats from them but, I generally find when my team or I do badly my res count goes up instead of down.

You hit the same murkiness with the healing stat. All of those shots from post rework are also since the addition of Hammond. The hamster can require absolutely massive amounts of healing which can seriously inflate healing numbers.

1 Like