Using Visor is Cheating. Period

theres literally aimbot that charges 60 per month, that thousands of people use, aimbot that started to offer services at the same time when the game launched, blizzard doesnt care. they won’t care about this one also…theres no point in arguing if its cheating or not. it gives unfair advantage

If you are coaching them while they are playing, that is also cheating by their definition.

Once again, it doesnt matter. Fact is it can facilitate gameplay by negating a core aspect of gamesense that is now automated by athird party.

Actually, it is cheating via Blizzards definition of cheating. Visor does the following

Therefore, Visor, as it stands today is cheating.

So, I take it you just read what other people said, particularly people without any experience themselves with the application, and based on their bias perception have come to the conclusion “it be cheetin yo”. Gotcha.

That is not for you to decide.

How hard is that concept for you?

You don’t make the decision, Blizzard does. Right now you are causing sedition for something you know absolutely nothing about.

Where did I call for that? I’m starting to doubt that you read past the first line. I clearly several times said that the exception would be if Blizzard authorizes it.

Fact is, they dont need to make a call unless it is to authorize. Otherwise as stated as clearly as possible, any 3rd party usage in conjunction with the game is cheating.

If they decide to endorse Visor, then it is no longer cheating. But de facto, it is.

It already is.

Who said I do? Blizzard already decided de facto. It is cheating unless otherwise stated.

It is in the cheat category de facto. What about that do you not understand?

The simple fact that we are having the discussion means Blizzard has not made a “de facto decision”

If in fact Blizzard has made an official statement, clearly and definitively on Visor.gg please link me this proof.

As far as I can tell, from the sources of information at my disposal, Blizzard (the company, and developers of said product) have remained silent.

There are snippets of people linking, what to me looks like falsified information, that customer service representatives have stated any third party software is illegal. None however point to Visor.gg specifically, nor do they have any overlay of an official statement by Blizzard.

If Blizzard decides that the Visor Application is in fact cheating then it will not affect me in the slightest. I do not start telling people that because I read somewhere that it could be cheating, and this guy once told me about an experience he had so its obviously cheating, that everyone now has to know it is cheating.

What you claim as proof is simply your own conjecture. Your interpretation of rules Blizzard has put in place. Imagine if the real world worked that way.

“I read the law and it says I can make a citizens arrest for the crime I believe you committed.” When in fact you were wrong all along because judges who “outranks” your interpretation says you are wrong.

Will you come to the forum and apologize in the event that Blizzard does in fact authorize this application?

Do you need to use an aimbot to see what it does?
You can see it in use on youtube.
A lot of people don’t want to install a 3rd party app under the guise of “I just want to see what it does” when blizzard has a pretty defined policy towards them.

2 Likes

Actually the simple fact this is a discussion is because people either do not read the End User License agreement or cannot understand them. This ost was made so that people can see that it is cheating.

Why would they? They only need to make a statement if they endorse or authorize which they havent and therefore it is cheating.

Again, not required. It is stated that it is “methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard”.

I ask you to find me a statement where they expressly authorized Visor.

So far, to my knowledge they haven’t and so by their definition, using Visor is cheating.

Actually, it is Blizzard’s words not mine.

There is no interpretation of rules.

If anyone is trying to interpret anything that would be you.

It is stated that it is cheating unless expressly authorized and you seem to think it is the other way around.

There is nothing to apologize for. I clearly state that as of right now, by Blizzards definition it is cheating.

If Blizzard then decides to authorize and endorse Visor, then by their definition, it is no longer cheating.

But as of right now, it is. And the post would be archaic in the sense that it no longer applies.

Similar to how laws are changed, it doesnt change the fact that at one point, the law was in place, only in the present time, that law is no longer in effect.

2 Likes

Now you are getting into the realm of,

I could get banned simply because I used a program regardless of intent.

I also play with
h ttps://www.logitechg.com/en-sg/product/g13-advanced-gameboard

If Blizzard decided this was against their rules, they could ban me for that too. Without warning and without notice. If Blizzard did that would I be sore at them? Nope, its their call. If they banned me for anything I find unreasonable I can do 1 of 2 things. I can complain about it, or I can simply tell myself that Blizzard isn’t worth my time and move to another entertainment venue. It’s simply not worth worrying about.

As far as the aimbot=Visor.gg thing.

Murder is a crime, self defense not so much. But, they end in the same result, a dead human being. None of us have to commit the crime or use self defense to know the difference between the two.

I used Visor.gg to extrapolate what it does, before it was outlawed, to give an unbiased opinion on its use. Take it or leave it its up to you. I will not advocate one way or another as to what Blizzard may do. I will however argue with people that think it does things it doesn’t do.

Correct. Nowhere in Blizzards definition is there an exemption made for intent. Even so, it would be difficult to prove for obvious reasons.

If it facilitates gameplay then yes, using it is cheating by this definition by Blizzard

“any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality”

There was never a time before it was outlawed. It has been since its creation de facto.

You are “that guy/girl”

Blizzard doesn’t determine specific conditions as to what your experience is in the game either.

So upon your definition using my Radeon Software, a third party program, to get better graphical advantage is cheating.

You are the kind of person that has their head so far…anyway.

You don’t get to make decisions. You don’t get to inform people of anything on Blizzard’s behalf. Unless I am mistaken you are not employed by Blizzard and your voice holds zero weight.

Go ahead and keep thinking you are right. You’re not, but whatever.

Setting aside this particular topic, this is a ridiculous assertion. People hold opinions all the time that are wrong.

Not my definition. Blizzards.

Since it is not authorized expressly by Blizzard, it is yes.

I did by responding to your post.

Actually I do. And so does everyone else on the forums. There is nothing against informing others of something they should already be informed of.

Correct.

Sure.

There is no “thinking” I am right. I know am right. I don’t know how many times I have to go over this so I will do it one last time.

Using Visor is cheating it falls under these categories:

There is nothing to argue. This is Blizzards definition and again, unless they say otherwise, it is cheating.

I hope to god if anyone reads anything from you its this.

Graphical software that makes your video card run is cheating. There is nothing more to talk with you about. You win based on the crazy versus sane principle (not an actual principle by the way, but for you I have to make that disclaimer).

If it facilitates gameplay and is not expressly authorized by Blizzard, then yes. That is the case.

I’m not saying that I agree with that. I have remained completely neutral about their regulations and have not mentioned once whether I agree or disagree, I am only stating what constitues cheating as defined by Blizzard.

There was never an argument or a battle. I stated fact. If you wanted to argue that humans did not need oxygen to breathe, that wouldnt be an argument. You would just be wrong, like you have been this whole time.

I never won, and you never lost. There was no argument to be made. You were simply incorrect.

yeah, because Blizzard totally hasn’t done it already multiple times in their other games…

I have no dog in this fight, I don’t personally care if people use it or not. I’m merely explaining what is going to happen. Because they’ve done it before.

That is true. Blizzard could do that. I simply placed an example, one which you failed to link, that is in opposition to what you assume will, by absolutes happen, if people use Visor.gg.

If I were to place bets on whether Blizzard bans everyone instantly without explanation, as they have done before, that’s where my money would be. Though it may be more subtle, with Blizzard you never know.

You’re the one that compared graphics drivers to visor in the first place.

You compared the software interface between your os and gpu and actually thought it was a good comparison to software that coaches your game play. It was a bad comparison and you know it was.

My intention was to make a third party software comparison to another third party software.

I was not the one who called Video Drivers cheating.

They could authorize it. They could ban people. They could issue a warning to everyone, or a public statement.

The point is any of us arguing about the nuances of their stance on it is meaningless.

Their EULA and ToS however, require all users of their product to assume it is cheating/not allowed.