Using Visor is Cheating. Period

You compared a completely legitimate software package that is required to run the game. What’s next? Should we compare Windows?

Are you saying you can assume something is not cheating? Then be wrong about it.

My point being, Visor.gg fits a loose definition of malicious third party software. Then after its use, clearly is not.

Blizzard would have a tough time if they banned everyone who used discord and streaming software as they are inherently the same. You can only know they are the same after using Visor.gg.

I advise you read things a bit more carefully. I dont know what that thing you mentioned is or does.

I only stated that if it does facilitate gameplay via any of the definitions set about by Blizzard and is not expressly authorized by them, then it is cheating.

When I went to go smoke I thought the same thing lol.

My comparison was brought to light because, yes, Blizzard can submit punishment on you for any reason. They could come out tomorrow and be 100% for Nvidia and ban all Radeon software from their games.

Overbuff, Master Overwatch and discord do about the same thing as Visor.gg, but no one seems to care about those.

And you are, just like everyone else on this forum. Not allowed to bring up the end user agreement as well as the Code of Conduct… End of discussion.

They could, but that would likely cause a lawsuit. They directly state Nvidia is supported.

And how does Discord do what Visor does? It couches your gameplay for you?

It does not matter, the EULA is very very clear.

any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;

Discord and streaming software do not fall into that category.

How do you know? They could be reading you right now…
And make a decision based on what they read from their users…

Doesnt matter if it fits that definition. It fits the definition of it being cheating by Blizzard.

Discord is publicly endorsed and authorized by Blizzard and therefore not cheating.

As for streaming software, it would depend on whether or not it facilitates gameplay, provides an unfair advantage or falls under any of the definitions set by Blizzard.

You would be risking account closure, as using Visor (as of the post time of this post since Blizzard has not yet authorized its use), is cheating.

This is really the part that matters. the question everyone should be asking themselves about visor is.

“does it make the game easier, does it grant any sort of advantage another player might not have if they are not using the app”

After trying it. I would say it is a pretty easy “no”. You aren’t getting any information from which you are prohibited from seeing. The information it does display is public, based on the current game state. This same information is available to all players. So there is no informational advantage

It doesn’t automate any part of play so there is no mechanical advantage.

Considering the above, i do not think it is cheating. Now that does not mean Blizzard won;t decide to ban its use. They very well could but it is not obvious they would.

1 Like

Because they’re not stupid. They do not make these decisions based on player feedback. They investigate the programs internally. That’s why some mods for World of Warcraft were outright banned, and other not.

Is coffee cheating because it influences my gameplay?

From what I have read the main point of contention is the use of Visor.gg as an eCoach. Discord has guides and different lobbies held expressly for coaching. By examining the eCoach versus Discord coaching, those against Visor.gg have an issue with there being no human on the other end of the coaching spectrum.

I hate to say this but, after use of Visor.gg its eCoaching is far from being a viable source of information. A human coach is vastly superior in the learning environment. If people are concerned with new players having a “leg up” then Discord is much more a culprit then Visor.gg.

Link would say yes. As is getting a good nights sleep, and having eyes.

1 Like

Source?
20 character

It does not matter. It streamlines the information and facilitates your access to it. And since it is not authorized by Blizzard, it is currently cheating to use it.

It does not have to, Blizzard definition provides several examples of methods which constitutes cheating, which not all of which have to be satisfied in order to be considered cheating.

You may not think so, but following Blizzards definition, it is

Kaplan’s developer update about how they take decisions. Look it up.

I’m not too familiar with discords capabilities, does it allow you to show your screen to others while your playing and have them coach you that way?

Or it just a way to have someone give helpful advice?

And there is a difference between an ai and a human. That’s why aimbotcalvin doesn’t get banned for performance near aimbot levels.

As far as I am aware, you have absolutely no way of knowing what I would say or not.

From your last post, I thought you were done with the discussion.

If you are not, then I will gladly resume it but I will ask that you not mention what I would or would not say as you would be falsely representing me.

If you would like to represent me, I am taking applications so let me know if you are interested but otherwise, I ask that you refrain from such, as I consider it libel and misrepresentation.

It’s like Skype. So no, not really. You can actually do more, in game, spectating your friend and talking to him in group voice which would actually be pretty much in real-time.