(Updated) Jeff and Geoff finally responded to Mercy feedback

They said they will bring her back. That doesn’t mean a revert. It meant we will buff her, we will help her and they have given her a buff and they are happy with her now. They’ve bought her back and that’s that.

No, staleness of the support did. And these “bug fixes”.

2 Likes

Trust me, it was the fact no support could keep the team up like mercy, she outranked every other support in strong healing that was consistent. No other support could match that not to mention that mercy also had Rez which was still a better ability than anything Ana or moira could offer.

The reason she’s garbage now is because of her healing barely being able to keep anyone up.

Should’ve buffed the other supports instead of nerfing the only capable one

2 Likes

They did, and look we have the most diverse support meta in forever.

Said blizzard for the 100th time this year.

1 Like

Support isn’t fun to play in quick play in general. Half-arsed point there.

But when the healing was really needed, Mercy couldn’t provide it to save her team. Ana and Moira could at least add some burst.

We switched Mercy to Ana in must pick terms.

3 Likes

These are the same devs who thought the initial version of Mercy 2.0 was balanced. It’s pretty obvious they have no clue how to balance this version of Mercy, it’s been more than a year since then and she’s still a mess balance-wise.

1 Like

Yes Ana is the most picked support and that Is because she offers the best support and utility. She’s also hard to play so it makes up for it.

And simply put that is not the case, Ana is run in most comps because she has good utility that no other support offers which is what gives Ana her identity, however Ana can be just as useless as a junkrat trying to eliminate a pharah if played against correctly.

Moira is now used to sustain a huge healthpool and works well with tanks and is run in tankier comps.

Lucio speed boost is once again a valuable asset to any team and samw goes for zenyatta.

Brigitte is run to assist in the disruption of flankers or dive comps.

Mercy can be used for damage boost pockets or a general healer.

Ana May have a high pickrate but that doesn’t mean she’s the only healer picked.

right. Aside from Ana being played more (read: must-pick), literally nothing changed. Oh, wait, it did. Mercy got dumpstered. Seems diversity means, Mercy isn’t viable

2 Likes

before anything can happen they need to show they understand the ACTUAL issue

mercy mains complain that she feels bad to play and her kit is out of wack

As long as they keep holding on to E REZ and pretending the rework was a success we cant go forward

if i have cancer i wont get better if you treat me for a cold. Sure my cold may go away but that still leaves the cancer

Then he hasn’t read one godddamn word. We don’t want Mercy to be the best, or some stupidly OP monster that THEY turned her into.

We want FUN and BALANCED Mercy back.

Jesus. This actually makes me pretty mad.

4 Likes

I’m sure the devs are aware you don’t want this, but they’re not going to change it if they believe it would disrupt balance.nit that hard to figure out.

Woah there, I never even mentioned mercy in the post you’re referencing. Now somehow I’m part of the problem as well?

Devs understood that unskilled character should not be able to be gamebreaker next step is nerfing brig. The game is heading in the right direction finally !

I find she still serves a purpose.

In quick play when a team goes for an irregular build having no build strategy and no tank she excels. You pick her because the team will likely not be at all close together to justify a Lucio and will likely NOT give you any peel.

Of all the supports she’s the most survivable in this comp. You can’t pick Brigitte because although she might be somewhat tanky she’s not really a tank and she’ll likely be alone at the front. You can’t pick Ana or Zen because the team offers no peel and will likely offer poor lines of sight to get value.

Moira? Maybe; but honestly I really don’t play her to begin with and she’s like Lucio in that she doesn’t have the reach to fully heal players far apart from another.

Is this the “ACTUAL” issue or is this the issue that’s important to you (and likely many other mercy mains).

The problem may be they never wanted to solve your problem in the first place. Just the problem they saw. If their solution solves their problem I see no reason for them to continue even if there are possibly several hundred people who will be very angry about it. That’s still likely a small part of a much larger player base. They can’t make everyone happy, but they can try to make everyone even.

Well you said “my smug grin after having sufficient evidence to prove that the dev team is not ignoring the forums”. And this is a thread about Mercy. Hm…

Also… “I’m sure the devs are aware you don’t want this, but they’re not going to change it if they believe it would disrupt balance” It’s more they haven’t responded to the fact that most Mercy players do not want valk to exist. At all. Hmm let’s see here, most Mercys have been asking for a year and a few months to replace valk with something else, either reverting or reworking.

Blizzard’s response? Let’s buff valk, that’ll make em happy right? …

Well I have my expectations set high for this buff, mercy isn’t trash unless you make her trash. You act like her existing is a bad thing which it isnt.

Mercy was reworked and redesigned from her ‘save the day’ to a sustain consistent healer who is built for that specifically.

Mercy can be effective if you co-ordinate with your team and work with them. You alone can no longer turn a fight, it requires effort from you and your teams combination of ultimates. Position and everything else to make mercy more effective.

I can’t even with you sometimes, it’s like I’m talking to a brick wall. You’re set on Valkyrie being trash and most likely set on reverting her or reworking her to have mass Rez again (correct me if I’m wrong) as that’s what you think will make her ‘viable’.

If you are not willing to understand and learn valkyries possibilities then why are you discussing it? You obviously have your heart set somewhere else so why should I explain to you? Why am I wrong no matter what I say to you?

You seem to find it hard to perceive that this is mercy, you can work with her or complain and just be another ‘mercy main’ crying on the forums. You decide because frankly I’m done trying to explain to people who already have their mind set on something that will never happen.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much what happens when people in the team take advice from stylosa for the direction of mercy. You end up in an alternate reality where the trolls are the victims.

I always thought a lot of the hostility that mercy players have is due to the hostility that is directed towards them. Back before the rework there would be always a constant stream of hate from players towards me just because I chose to be the guy that kept the rest of the team alive. Even though I knew I could out dps/tank the people that were giving me grief. Someone has to heal the f***** team or we lose.

I’ve stopped playing mercy for the moment anyway. You can’t keep players alive with 50hp/s.

2 Likes