[Update: Fix for all platforms is out] FPS drops after 1.38.0.2 update | Main tracking thread

We’re all aware of the situation .

But what do you want to do. Smash some keyboards or mice because od it?

You literally lose some playtime, I can agree with you but there is other enjoyable things to do when you can’t play Overwatch.

They won’t resolve the problem any faster.

So yeah. Patience is all that’s left or tf2 :joy:

1 Like

I have played EA games before. Blizzard is becoming more and more like that company all the time. Pushing out broken software and then wondering why their customers are getting mad.

2 Likes

I see that. Basically. But unlike ea they tend to fix issues a lot faster than ea ever would.

Play some bfv and enjoy invisible enemies 24/7 :joy:

Let’s see how fast they get it resolved.

Personally I’d had the patch disabled if it ain’t running like it’s supposed to be.

It’s anyways just lucio ball and some skins. Ppl have vacation and maybe like to just play the game :confused::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Having similar issues fps, lag and stutter after this patch. Thanks for the update on fix

1 Like

followed the steps from the green post, now my framrate runs from 145-70, so not a fix.

Including myself. This is ridiculous, I am getting bad lag spikes in game, frame drops, and lag in general. Don’t tell me to run WINwhatever I’ve done it before and this just started happening after the patch.

dev team has commented on another thread that they’re aware of the situation and are trying to work it out.

I only had slight lagging in Quick Play.
Mystery Heroes / Comp showed no signs of lag

PS4 - West Coast.

ive actually been getting this since the update before last but not that often but now its literally all the time.

120 stable then just randomly starts dropping 20 fps all the time.

sometimes the first 2 to 3 games i play are fine but then its terrible after again.

1 Like

As I was trying to figure this problem out, I went into the task manager and noticed Overwatch was using 0,1% of my GPU’s power. I feel like this might be the problem if Overwatch is running completely on CPU power.

1 Like

I’m having problems even on the main screen. The game is simply unplayable for me. I’m concerned because others are stating it’s just the chat window causing problems, but I get this issue even on the main screen when no one is chatting.

1 Like

I have the same problem here but on PS4 and it always happens if anything in the text chat pops up in game or when I try to hit the pause menu in game.

This includes the following: Someone joining/leave, asking for healing, saying hello, saying thanks, telling ult charge progress and using the acknowledged thing.

I’m not sure why this happening but it’s been the case since the update for not only Overwatch but also the Playstation update (might not be related to this issue)

1 Like

Thanks Jeff for releasing patch extra early for the great non playable experience.

Been 2 days now, call the on call already.

I’m also experience this problem. Have done full reinstall clean Windows 10, drivers, Overwatch, updates, resets, etc. I have ridiculously good hardware.

SUMMER FRAMES EVENT.

3 Likes

Had no problems prior to patch. Now I regularly experience FPS drops from 140 (normal) to ~14 FPS. No other changes. Tried updating drivers and graphics cards.

The only thing that changed was summer event patch…

1 Like

I don’t understand how it can be 24 hours now with no hotfix or even an ETA on a fix… I don’t think I’ve seen an OW update before that made the game unplayable for literally everyone, console and PC, that wasn’t fixed for this long. They could have even just reverted the update while they fixed whatever the issue was.

4 Likes

Well i thought i had fixed the Lag on xbox with uninstalling and redownloading the game but after like 4 games the lag came back and people started tolling with it again. Spamming the chat and what not making the game next to unplayable. Ping spikes of over 50 MS over and over. Most of the time i play with 23 Ms so i can not land a hook for my life right now.

1 Like

Any Trouble shooting We Players do only fixes it for a short time Because the Issue isnt something we players can Fix its something Wrong with the Patch itself.

1 Like

Yeah at this point they should roll the patch back until they can fix the issue. From what I’ve seen it seems like new anti-cheat software may be at fault (speculation) but if that’s the case it’s a whole other problem with how they implement it. I agree that to have the game essentially unplayable for days at a time is bad and I worry that the player base may not recover from it.

It’s not anti-cheat software fault, because it was added in previous patch, and did no harm to game. FPS drops started after this update.