[Update: Fix for all platforms is out] FPS drops after 1.38.0.2 update | Main tracking thread

I also started having this issue recently. Never had frame problems before this patch. I go from 175 to like 60-40

I have tried everything, the only way to combat this is to quit the game after every match and log out then log back in.

Kinda mind blowing that with an update that gave us a few skins has rendered the game unplayable for some. Having to resort to fixes that we come up with is unacceptable for a company this large and should never happen to begin with.

3 Likes

We are all having these issues. I saw someone say it’s due to anti cheating actions

Yep, that worked for me, too. Thanks!

EDIT: Hmm, it seems to have been temporary. It was fine for about a game and came back.

1 Like

Same issues. pls fix keep getting fps lag spike it feel like my game not full screen or something

They are working on it. Have some patience.

1 Like

My fps stays at the consistent 60-70 like it normally does, but I saw a massive spike in latency after the update. Normally about 30 ms, but the first game I played was fluctuating between 80-200 ms

1 Like

Same random little freezes and frame drops after this update pretty unstable

1 Like

yes we know that they are working on it. But to be honest this seems like a major Quality Assurance fail on the part of Blizzard.

3 Likes

You haven’t played ea games yet :joy:
They’ll fix it. We could talk about quality assurance if it was wow. And not even there it’s meant to be discussed since everone pulls out the 10 buck joker when it comes down to software issues.

hi i’m here from facebook! reporting that tons and tons of people there are having this issue too. won’t play until this is fixed, it’s awful when you’re in combat and fps drop makes you miss every single shot

3 Likes

same issue. have tried a repair. did not fix the issue. normal fps upper 200s. now around 150, regularly dropping to 90, but also stuttering every 4 seconds or so. makes playing a hitscan pretty uh… challenging, let’s say.
did this patch include some new anti-cheat code? i noticed a new wirewall permissions message when i launched after this update. perhaps that’s impacting the regularity of performance?

2 Likes

Same here on the PS4. PLEASE fix this. Its really unplayable.

Same drops until 30 fps when i’m used H (hero change), and during the match from 60 to 45-58 with V-sync.

CPU: i7 3770 @ 3.4Ghz
MB: Asus P8H61 R 2.0
RAM: DDR3 1600 (16Gb)
GPU: Asus Strix Gaming GTX 950 (2Gb)
SSD: GIGABYTE (120GB) - System
HDD: Western Digital WD10EZEX - Games
Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 S 500W
Nvidia Driver: 480.36

Before the summer update, drops was only with the “TAB” using from 60 to 55-57 fps, but I’m used to it.

1 Like

Having patience when game is practically unplayable. And I cant just tell people to please not spam hi thanks and their ult change. They will start doing that just to make it more annoying.
Somehow resetting graphics did help to minimize the fps spazzing, at least for several games I had chance to play. Downside is that my graphics card suffers from extra heat. :roll_eyes::dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Same problem on consoles, it’s really frustrating and makes playing nearly impossible.

1 Like

It’s an FPS drop. I have three computers and after the patch my FPS goes from 144 to 60 every 5-10 seconds. It has nothing to do with chat, I disabled that and it still happens. I tried updating graphics drivers, reset game clients files, a ton of stuff to no avail. Pressing esc while the game is ending causes an insane amount of lag. This patch is completely broken.

1 Like

Can you please describe your method in more detail, for stupid

The fps drop went away for me after I restarted Battlet Net/OW and waited for maybe 10 mins or so.

Same Problem for me on PC , 50 fps :frowning: , it’s unplayable , i adjust my video settings in low , same fps. I’m sure it comes from the patch. Please repair my overwatch Blizzard !

Pc : i7 6700HQ 8gb of RAM and nvidia gtx 950m , ssd 500gb