[Update: Fix for all platforms is out] FPS drops after 1.38.0.2 update | Main tracking thread

That 1.38.0.2 60038 is same patch im on (xbox) issue still exists

I mean…
Google is your friend right.

The issue existed since 2016.

2016 fps drops summer games
2017 fps drops summer games
2018 fps drops summer games
Guess what
2019 fps drops summer games

Someone asked how to fix future problems.

There is your answer.

Can you guys pin this thread until you fix it? Forum is getting spammy.

After patch I cant get any further than ingame main menu. If I try to join quickplay, arcades or even practice range it stays on loading screen so long that servers kicks me out for afk. I have done every tips’n’tricks forum mvp’s have gave us. Every other game in my rig works and overwatch has worked perfectly 3 years without any problems.

Updating driver, resetting driver settings and resetting overwatch settings helped for a day but now the problem is back again :confused:

1 Like

Hey Zuvykree, I might found the bug what is causing the frame drops and more.
Could you or the devs take a look at the video’s i posted here?

1 Like

Might seem silly, but simply, when you start the match, press Shift + Ctrl + C to hide chat and you’re good. Worked for me.

Doesn’t for me. Asap ppl start crying for heals and whatnot the problem is right there.

1 Like

almost 3 days and still no patch… i can play for like 1-2 Games and then its feels like im playing this game on a Gameboi… Pls fix it or atleast just remove the patch

1 Like

Seriously why is there no updates for 18+ hours. You post you have an idea of what’s wrong and are working a fix but nothing has changed. How about revert back to normal Overwatch and fix your summer games behind the scenes till it’s not broken. Instead we have to deal with an unplayable game while you sit in silence “fixing” it.

2 Likes

I wasn’t the only one complaining about this back then, but the issue was much less severe. I’m sure that people who gets 300 fps with ultra quality settings while streaming didn’t notice it at all but it was still there.

I’m just trying to help whoever is in charge of finding the culprit. The ‘any text in chat gives fps drops’ started with the ‘endorsement update’, for me and other people. IMO it has to do with the ‘new UI on top of the old UI’ thing, always felt messy, but that’s just a guess.

A lot of people are noticing it now because the drops are HUGE but the issue is actually old, that was my point.

1 Like

Hopefully something is done today. It may be an abusive relationship with OW, but it is still a relationship, I’m missing my partner and the quickie with the girl next door just ain’t cutting it.

Since patch day I’ve refused to play due to this stutter issue from comm wheel use.

I’d expected a faster resolution, due to the utterly game breaking nature of this issue; or at the least a temporary patch revert or disabling of comm wheel and chat function.

2 Likes

Any progress here?

Any teamfight makes this game just unbearable to play with all the voicelines going off at the same time.

1 Like

At this point, I’m not even expecting anything until next Tuesday. I can’t believe they’re not taking something like this very seriously with the entire userbase being affected and many players simply being unable to play the game at all. Why not rollback the update while it is being fixed? They might not want to delay the summer games, but most people can’t even play them anyways with the condition of the game.

It’s actually extremely disappointing how long this is taking. I don’t think I’ve ever seen something like this take so long with OW.

Asking teammates to not use the communication wheel always ends up in at least one person spamming Hello! from there on out. Not a toxic community btw.

5 Likes

in my opinion it is definitely taking longer then it should, i think their biggest issue is that since something happened between point A to Point B its harder to find the issue at hand than it is to find it if it occured AT Point A or AT Point B directly. I’m pretty sure they are avoiding the whole “Revert the Patch” because if they did that it would cause issues with people who have skins n stuff from the event already where it would reset them and make them have to get it all over again, there also being Bug Fixes in the patch Certain heroes needed that they dont wanna pull back on either. Its a huge Pain in the butt for sure i do hope its resolved soon i really wanna get on and you know do my events zzzz

1 Like

Be patient its only been two day go see your bf gf lol dang

1 Like

Yeah! why would people expect to play a game without problems??? I mean it’s only been 2 days of crap across all platforms.

2 Likes

Whiny turds is why dont love us anymore.

Prob like watching yall cry

I saw this on Reddit yesterday and gave this a shot: turning both chats off (use P) makes the game smooth again (for me), no lag, no fps drops, no freezes. Hope this helps both the players and the devs (although im sure they are already aware).

1 Like

its been 3days and the half you huge turd.