[Update: Fix for all platforms is out] FPS drops after 1.38.0.2 update | Main tracking thread

Any progress here?

Any teamfight makes this game just unbearable to play with all the voicelines going off at the same time.

1 Like

At this point, I’m not even expecting anything until next Tuesday. I can’t believe they’re not taking something like this very seriously with the entire userbase being affected and many players simply being unable to play the game at all. Why not rollback the update while it is being fixed? They might not want to delay the summer games, but most people can’t even play them anyways with the condition of the game.

It’s actually extremely disappointing how long this is taking. I don’t think I’ve ever seen something like this take so long with OW.

Asking teammates to not use the communication wheel always ends up in at least one person spamming Hello! from there on out. Not a toxic community btw.

5 Likes

in my opinion it is definitely taking longer then it should, i think their biggest issue is that since something happened between point A to Point B its harder to find the issue at hand than it is to find it if it occured AT Point A or AT Point B directly. I’m pretty sure they are avoiding the whole “Revert the Patch” because if they did that it would cause issues with people who have skins n stuff from the event already where it would reset them and make them have to get it all over again, there also being Bug Fixes in the patch Certain heroes needed that they dont wanna pull back on either. Its a huge Pain in the butt for sure i do hope its resolved soon i really wanna get on and you know do my events zzzz

1 Like

Be patient its only been two day go see your bf gf lol dang

1 Like

Yeah! why would people expect to play a game without problems??? I mean it’s only been 2 days of crap across all platforms.

2 Likes

Whiny turds is why dont love us anymore.

Prob like watching yall cry

I saw this on Reddit yesterday and gave this a shot: turning both chats off (use P) makes the game smooth again (for me), no lag, no fps drops, no freezes. Hope this helps both the players and the devs (although im sure they are already aware).

1 Like

its been 3days and the half you huge turd.

Even though the Event and Issue literally started on the 16th(EVENT START DATE)? Its been 3 and half days though? Ok sure… Get a calander dude learn to count, If you had issues prior to the Event starting thats a whole different story than what this thread is About.

1 Like

I don’t now if English is your native language but maybe you could proof read your post and change it to actually make sense?

Yeah that’s it, blizzard doesn’t “love us” because people are complaining the game has been unplayable since the summer games patch.

This does not fix teammates spamming Hello, need healing, changing heroes, ppl leaving or joining game, etc. there’s a million other things that cause it to still happen. It does slightly reduce it though I guess. The biggest problem is teammates using the communication wheel though unfortunately which you cannot stop.

Yes. It happens to me aswell. They need to fix this. Never had this issue before!

Still not fixed this game breaking bug with their lazy ‘summer event.’

There is not a single competitive looking for GRP on EU since this patch broke their own game GG Blizz.

Even turning off chat only works for a short while before its starts stuttering in game.

I suggest you remove the Summer Games patch Blizzard and go fix it, I dont know anyone who’d miss it, its your most lacklustre effort yet.

Hey folks we have a fix for this issue now and we’re working on the schedule for rolling it out. For console players the update is in certification and we hope to release it on Monday at the latest, if things go well it’s possible we’ll have the update tomorrow. For PC players we’re trying to release later today. We greatly prefer to update all platforms at the same time but given the impact of this bug we’re going to roll this update out as soon as it is ready for each platform.

31 Likes

cool. PTR doesn’t lag btw.

So potentially another 4 days of unplayability if your on console.

PC MASTER RACE BOii

1 Like

Blockquote
Hey folks we have a fix for this issue now and we’re working on the schedule for rolling it out. For console players the update is in certification and we hope to release it on Monday at the latest, if things go well it’s possible we’ll have the update tomorrow. For PC players we’re trying to release later today. We greatly prefer to update all platforms at the same time but given the impact of this bug we’re going to roll this update out as soon as it is ready for each platform.

Thank you for the thorough update. Can you provide the community with insight into what caused the bug and how it slipped through QA?

Finally, thank you. :smiley:

EDIT:
Update for PC is out! ~700 MB.

EDIT 2:
FIXED!!! :smiley:

2 Likes