Unsurprisingly, Mercy’s Winrate is Rising

By looking at https://www.overbuff.com/heroes/mercy/trends and “This Month” in GM, we can see a few things… Let’s start with her winrate.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/482714000178806788/482714959101296641/image.png

First, we can see the initial drop from the support changes. However, there is also a rise later on. Why is this? Is her winrate just an initial reaction? Is Mercy still OP?

By looking to Mercy’s pickrate, we can find the answer.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/482714000178806788/482714393319047190/image.png

With this, we can see that the reason Mercy’s winrate has risen again is that she’s just more niche now.

After players adapted to the changes by only playing Mercy on certain maps and in certain situations, Mercy players started winning again.

This trend is entirely healthy and it should be seen after any successful balance change.

No, Mercy won’t be dominanting the ladder anytime soon. But she also won’t be relegated to F-Tier either.

86 Likes
16 Likes

I think my html broke. FeelsBadMan.

Called it
the tanks and Mercy players had to spend some time adapting to do before people figured out how to work around this half baked nerf and Mercy goes back to proving Tempo rez is too powerful to be easy

4 Likes

The main concern is and always be that playing a hero that has abilities that conflict with her core design and with every part of her kit butchered isn’t fun for most people who play her.

Fun is always most important in a game.

118 Likes

good to see people start playing her in proper situations than forcing her literally everywhere or thinking she’s bad everywhere

it’s actually gross that some people play double sniper and don’t run a mercy with them, and she’s still strong on 2cp defenses

8 Likes

Actually you didn’t, and you obviously didn’t read the OP.

4 Likes

I was told I can’t use Overbuff stats anymore, so I guess we know nothing. :woman_shrugging:

23 Likes

Nope I didn’t,
So I haven’t called it yet, we’ll have to wait and see
Either she’s still OP or blizzard managed to balance an ability that spits in the face of half of their proposed ideal for what Mercy should be known for by nerfing the other half.

Either way Blizz still screwed up

6 Likes

And yet, Mercy players will still pretend like she is unplayable. I think having diversity is too much for them.

15 Likes

We can’t see the winrates. Please post them.

Resurrect wasn’t the thing keeping Mercy OP. The new abilities she got in the form of GA Bounce and Valkyrie were. Her Resurrects per 10m have been less than pre rework since they removed double res in Valkyrie.

For comparison, it was ~12 before and it’s ~7 now, according to Titanium.

3 Likes

You’re speaking like the minority is the majority. Seeing a few forum posts doesn’t mean we all think that way. And talking like we do just makes things worse.

17 Likes

Damn all my html is broken.

I’ll see if I can fix it.

1 Like

So you’re telling me an ultimate that even when it was 60 HPS could be easily powered through and something that is only slightly better then a discord orb to teams that can coordinate and a new reasonably powerful escape tool were all it took to make this former D lister and A lister? Are you really telling me it was that and not the fact that tempo rez is insanely powerful even if there’s a ffew less average rezes per game?

Also I’m going to have to go through Titanium’s post again as I could’ve sowrn they said somewhere between 7 and 9 was the average rez number of Mercy 1.0

5 Likes

Cool, now to the more concerning issue;

How fun she is.

She is by far the most boring hero to play. These balance changes made her “balanced” but ended up taking away the fun which is a huge issue for any game developer.

24 Likes

If Blizzard gave a damn about how fun Mercy was to play they’d have started work on a rework in January

1 Like

They are going to have to do something though. Fun is the basis of any game. Without it, the game will just slowly die.

5 Likes

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Mercy was being used to solo heal in OWL and contenders during double sniper meta (which was only a few weeks ago), where rez was the most important ability in the game (her healing didn’t do anything against 1 shot heroes). And when her erasing picks for free on a 30 second cooldown made her dominate the ladder and pro play alike for 7 months.

But yeah, a short range bunny hop and chain heals made her op !!

I’ve played Mercy for the last several season in t500, Rez wins fights, rez makes her desirable, rez made her thrive vs snipers whilst supporting her own, and rez made it much harder to push in after picks. People say “We need Mercy for rez” not “We need Mercy for bunny hop!”. It doesn’t matter how long a support can stay alive if they don’t contribute impact to a teamfight.

If you watch many Mercy players play, they are usually the last person on their team to die. Yeah, bunny hop keeps them alive, but the rest of her kit is what’s keeping her team alive.

24 Likes

Careful with that sordid blasphemy. Most anti-Mercy people disagree with this sentiment because of their deeply held belief that Mercys should not have any fun let alone exist.

19 Likes