Unnecessary Zen Nerf

1. Zenyatta can keep his distance and still heal while directing and doing damage
  2. 5 rounds out of a 20 round capacity to instagib a lot of heroes if you have good enough aim is not much of a cost
  3. No Zen is going to be safe 100% of the time
  4. Yet he still is a key piece in dive comp with his great single target damage, solid healing that can keep up with mobile heroes, and the ability to mark targets for death

Excuse me, I main Mercy and I find this Zen nerf unnecessary. There is no need to pull this crap.

Tracer has to be in your face to do burst damage, though. She can’t peek a corner to instantly delete someone across the map.

Thinking about it yes, so I reworked the theoretical B option to be something less exploitable.

Instead of working for his right click, it should apply to his left click, slightly increase the delay inbetween right clicks so you won’t be able to launch a discord orb until after the 5th orb as travelled too far for the discord orb to catch up to before hitting a target, now make it so if you fire a left click and immediately launch a Discord Orb will reach the target before the left click, changing the process of fighting off a flanker without your right click charged from-

Discord -> Shoot -> Shoot / Melee (on Tracer)

to

Shoot -> Discord -> Shoot.

Which allows you to get that initial damage on them much more reliably, now that right click is much harder to lead (Ironic that a change supposed to reduce his effectiveness at long range actually ended up having no effect on him at range while making it much harder to use at close range)

If you get deleted by a Zenyatta who is right clicking a corner at head level then you played badly, same way someone who walks into Widowmaker’s LoS and gets instantly killed by a headshot played badly.

Crouch as you come around corners against ranged threats, not a hard thing to understand nor apply.

Right, because Widowmaker can’t adjust her aim and every hero has the same exact height.

Her adjusting her aim still means that she’s not blowing your head off the second you come around a corner, crouch spamming in this game is the worst enemy of Widowmaker, it even turns heroes like McCree who are usually incredibly easy to headshot into hard to hit targets.

If a Zenyatta successfully leads his projectiles to accommodate for a hero crouch spamming when he can’t even see said hero then he deserves that kill.

1 Like

Another issue I have with this change that just came to mind is that it hurts Zenyatta’s ability to punish overzealous players who chase him around corners to go for the kill.

He deserves a free kill on someone he couldn’t even see because he aimed slightly lower?

Not just aiming slightly lower, he’d literally have to raise his mouse up and down while firing the volley to accomodate for rhythmic crouch spamming he couldn’t even see.

When you spam crouch your head goes up-down-up-down, if Zenyatta moves his crosshair up and down to accomodate for this movement while not even knowing the exact height of said hero while crouched then he deserves a kill.

Except you don’t have to even do that lol? If you aim lower, they’re all going to hit and if they’re crouch spamming, some will be headshots.

seems like Jeff and team are trying really hard to get rid of ‘dive meta’. I’ll wait for the overwhelming outcry of zen mains before blizzard says oops sorry lets just reduce that by 10% instead.

The thing is: If you want to get rid of the dive meta you should nerf the discord / healing orbs… this really just favors dive imo because if anything it makes it even easier for the divers to take out the zen than it already is (it certainly doesn’t make it harder)

I’ll wait to see what ends up going on the live server. at the moment it is not a permanent nerf, time and player feedback will cause change like everything else that has happened to this game. i don’t feel like day 1 complaining is helpful to blizzard or the game overall. Give it time.

Will idiots stop saying this is nerfing dive?. His discord enables dive, nothing to do with his volley. This is just a straight nerf to a character who didn’t need it. Yeah it’s not big but the was no need.

Zenyatta as a whole doesn’t need a nerf, just the one aspect of him that’s being nerfed.

I guess this makes Pharah mains even happier. Now it’s going to be even harder to snipe her out of the sky as Zen. Needless to say, my boyfriend is pissed AF bc he plays Zen alot and Pharah is the only one that gives him issues lol.

Zen its slow to move, slow to heal and now he’s even slower to shoot: he’s an ult charger for dps. Especially for Tracer. You have to be crazy to play support in this game, cause if you’re not easily to kill, especially by the flankers, you’ll be nerfed

Most of the time, volley is used to spam a choke, not as a offensive mechanic in a 1v1 situation.

The Zenyatta nerf is just unnecessary and feels really terrible. There is absolutley no reason to nerf him.

1 Like