Unexpected Server Error affecting specific accounts

Were you on pc or console and did it just randomly fix today?

My wife left me for someone who can play Overwatch.

Thanks Blizz.

1 Like

Started last night, I still can’t get in

i cant get in same reason as everyone else pls fix

I can’t login either :frowning: I hope there’s a fix soon.

Hey there,

I don’t have a ton of new information but I did want to provide as much of an update as I can on this.

When it comes to the Unexpected Server Error there are a few potential causes.

Some of them are local technical issues that can be addressed through troubleshooting (So it is always worth trying it)

Some of these related to server maintenance/outages.

And then there are those that are due to an account specific issue that has to be manually addressed on our end for each affected account.

So how do you know which is affecting you?

1. If the issue happens randomly after you are able to login (like sometimes happens midmatch or while attempting to join a match. That is likely a localized technical issue and you should reach out to us for further troubleshooting assistance. (Submitting a ticket or creating a specific forum help request but making sure to be clear this is random and not specific to initial log in.)

2. Check our breaking news, social feeds and here on the forums for any news on maintenance timeframes or unexpected service outages. (Also with millions of players if there is a service outage you will know by looking at the forums) In these cases it is just a matter of waiting for maintenance to conclude or the service outage to be resolved.

3. If the issue is persistent, happens at every initial login attempt so you cannot even log into the game. Then it is likely the account issue this thread is based around. (First check for any account restrictions either from penalties or parental control limits as those can cause the same message at login) Then make sure to post here. Try to include some details to so we can help weed out other potential issues.

A. How long has it been happening to your account:
B. Does it affect your account on multiple systems and or networks:
C. Can other accounts log in on any network/system you cannot:

If your specific issue is the account issue we are investigating, these are having to be addressed by our engineers/devs manually. It is not an instant process and can take some time to get to your account but we are tracking this internally and working on each account as we can. I do not have any specific ETA on a resolution for your account or an overall permanent solution to prevent this from happening at all. (which means the issue can affect new players and possibly happen again to you if you are super unlucky)

We in support are monitoring this thread as well and will continue to provide updates as we get them from the Engineers/Devs.

I have tried everything I could think of and I still cant log in. It has been almost a week since I redownloaded Overwatch after taking a break for a while but I havent been able to sign in once. I try almost on a daily basis and nothing has changed.

1 Like

I have 4 accounts and only one (this one) is affected by this problem. Haven’t played it for month so idk when it started but now i cannot log in

have had this issue for 2 days now, one of my other accounts logs in perfectly fine on the same system, any updates or notices??

This started for me two days ago, and I cannot play on any device. It’s only affecting this account and I can play on my alt just fine. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting tips and it’s still happening :frowning:

It is only affecting this account and has been an issue for 2 weeks now. Playing on other accounts is fine and when someone else tries to play on my account it has the same issue.

This issue also started affecting me about 3 days ago. I just want to play OW and i cant! This is really frustrating. Please fix this already.

Throwing my hat in as per the blue post!

Account has been affected since at least 9/30. The last day I played was 9/25. In the days between the two, I 1) moved permanently accross the US, and 2) purchased a new gaming PC.

I can’t log in to Overwatch whatsoever thanks to the constant Unexpected Server Error. No issue with any other game.

Good luck, devs. Sounds like a painful bug.

A. How long has it been happening to your account:
Since around 9 days ago, This one never successful connect, so I never que/join any game.

my other account works without problem.

other account not affect. play normally.

Hey so just stating what’s wrong with my account my psn username is: Coolguyblizzard

And I’m having the account based issue where I cannot log in as I’m met with the unexpected error code. This is only happening on this one account and I can log into overwatch normally on other accounts on my ps5. My account profile doesn’t load for anyone and I haven’t been able to get into my account for 4 months now. I have tried logging in on other playstations but the same error code happened. If your fixing accounts please fix mine as I have looked around and my account has seems to be affected the longest however I feel this issue shouldn’t be happening to anyone!

I hope everyone gets their accounts fixed :crossed_fingers:t5::crossed_fingers:t5::crossed_fingers:t5:

mine has been broken for about 3 days now

this account is the only one affected by this

Started happening to my account on October 6. It affects my account on multiple systems and networks. Other accounts can successfully login on the same systems and/or networks.

I’ve been having the same problem for a few days, support asked to follow this topic, unfortunately it’s just a wait. I’m from Brazil

How long has it been happening to your account:
The last time I logged in was on the 27th of September. I tried again about three days ago and I couldn’t.
I cannot check this, as I only have one PC with one network.

I don’t have any way to corroborate this, as I don’t own another Overwatch account.

Please help me, the Halloween even is starting and I really want to play. This is super frustrating.