Unexpected server crash at SEA Servers 8/7/2018

As you may have realized during this date at 3:42pm. The Overwatch servers have been consistently disconnecting players from the game. Resulting into the lost of SR for no particular reason. This happened for 2 games straight in my games at the SEA servers in America’s region. Additionally, after being disconnected it resulted in players being at the front page of the game where it says “Searching” not allowing them to rejoin the match or start a new queue for another game. As a result, the players involved in the match have no choice but to exit the app and rejoin. Resulting into a lost of 50 SR for their competitive games. Please take a look into this technical issues within this server.

9 Likes

I faced the same problem too…

1 Like

same here… and kept resetting us mid game … plus i cant log in it keeps saying “Connection to game server”

Same with lots of people, and not 1, not 2, there have been so many mid game disconnections, saying server stopped due to unexpected error or something.

Blizzard should at least notify the users that they are working on it or any idea when it will be done. Like the one they provide during maintenance. So irresponsible of them. We don’t even know when to play, now I have written this after 5 games which have been stopped due to this in a row.

2 Likes

I have the same problem, It happens quite often on SEA servers, I keep on losing my SR. Very fair.

1 Like

Not exactly as often as this night (8th July 2018). Every 1 or 2 games tonight always having server errors.

Well, the entire General chat is flooded with "WTF"s when it happens

1 Like

Are they aware?? This is unfair

apparently not yet. Its now 1:47am at Singapore SEA and the pings for all servers are ranging from 155-200

As a heads up players in Australia and other Oceania countries may be experiencing unexpected server closures. The Overwatch Development Team and Blizzard Customer Service is aware of this issue and is working to correct it.

UPDATE: I have been told as they work on the issue you may be connected to a more distant server (possibly North American servers), so there may be increased latency. I strongly recommend avoiding Competitive Play at this time.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate the effort taken trying to address this situation (Y)

No problem, I am just passing along the word myself. This sounds more unusual… dare I say… server related and not network related, which is really rare.

12 hours later. No reply no fix. BlizzzardCS, It’d be nice if you’d acknowledge the issue at the least.

1 Like

Same here, latency is crazy high. I hope they can address this soon because my internet seems to be working wonders and it only happens in Overwatch.

1 Like

Same here. Internet is humming and can play other games, just overwatch issue.

Thank you for the reports! We are seeing a high increase with issues for the Singapore servers. In order to help us gather and diagnose the issue, please help us gather WinMTR test while playing for 10-15 minutes?

Thanks again for your patience!

3 Likes

unfortunately, i can’t login at all. keeps saying 600 players in front of queue, as it goes to my turn, it shows timeout from blizzard services.

It isn’t just the Singapore servers. I cant log in either.

2 Likes

same problem. played two games and each game our team had a DC.

Same problem, US West

We are currently experiencing issues with login. Our twitter post here.

If we can gather the information once the issue is resolved, we appreciate it! For those experiencing issues outside of the SEA/Singapore servers, we have a post on this problem here.