Servers broken?

IMPORTANT UPDATE EVERYONE! This just tweeted from BlizzardCS:

Servers down? What’s happening I haven’t logged onto OW today…

DDOS? Figures.

Odd time for a DDOS. I mean, less people are working, but less people are using the servers too.

I am checking out my perfered DDoS map, L.A. does seem to be getting hit hard:

1 Like

At around 8:30 for people in the Pacific, the servers went down. About 45 min later the servers came back online. A couple min after that, there was a 2 to 3 min lag spike then everything seemed to fix itself. Now we know it was a DDOS.

They know it’s their fault. They’re just incapable of doing anything about it.

The issues with the pacfic servers are believed to be different, see this thread in the tech support forum for details:

Wow that sounds horrible…So glad I decided to play fortnite instead of finishing placements

I dropped 100 SR because of it, I was kicked off twice, sad.

1 Like

So it’s got nothing to do with being nice for its own reward but instead to parade around the biggest numbers?

WoW.

Bunch of 300 ping servers, also.

1 Like

Blizzard moved the hamster away from powering the server to powering a new hero.

1 Like

Yep… Bad ping on all servers

Hey everyone as a follow up, I believe the DDoS attack is long over. I remained connected from approximately 10 PM PDT all the way to 3 AM PDT and the alert has since been taken down from Battle.net.

Remember if any of you are having latency, disconnections, or any other technical issues. Remember to post on the Technical Discussion forums where players like myself or Blizzard Support Agents can lend a hand.

There is still an upcoming scheduled maintenance of the Battle.net authentication servers this morning (Monday 7/9). This means all Blizzard games will be unavailable to log into at around 7 AM to 8 AM PDT. I myself will be sleeping that one away.

Cheers! (^^)v

Being nice for it’s own reward didn’t work. Now we have a way to filter people who get mass reported out.

It was Sombra, She does not approve :stuck_out_tongue:

#SkyHack

1 Like

This has been happening to me for days, I thought it was just my internet, as usual.

Servers still down. Unable to log on to OverWatch…

Good afternoon everyone, I just woke up… (that is what I get for playing all night long). Blizzard is aware of NEW connection issues that started about an hour ago and are investigating. I have been told that if you have not already please try power cycling your router and refresh your connection on your computer. Though it sounds like this may be something else outside of your control at this time.

Still going on? Good grief.

We were seeing some weird problems during comp last night (playing on PC, teamed up with 2 friends in the US/Canada). There were some voice problems in game with it sounding quite garbled at times, and friends I were playing with were also showing as disconnecting and reconnecting from the game in chat, even though they never actually left the game and continued to actively play.

It was only really bad in one match though, and otherwise seemed OK for us last evening.