Under 30% winrate on a hero

you should be banned for every game you lose on that hero.
Seriously, that’s throwing and that’s disrespectful for everyone in your team.

Winrate does not indicate player skill, because competitive play is algorithmically handicapped. More info:

8 Likes

But… you have a 0% winrate on 75% of your played heroes this season…

In all seriousness, you’re probably better off also ignoring Cuthberts comment… don’t get roped into it

7 Likes

Their skills don’t matter.
That’s statistical.
If they played 10 hours of widow and they have a 30% winrate, it means the enemy will win 70% of the time.

2 Likes

Lets figure out what contributes to “win rate”. If they switch to Widow and win but it was less than 10 minutes, then Widow win rate would actually appear lower than it should be.

I’m 100% for banning people from playing snipers - permanently, but that’s not really how the law of averages plays out in real life.

Also, you could play a hero and do super poorly then swap and slaughter the enemy and win and the winrate would be reflected on both heroes. It only works if you’re talking about onetricks. AKA winrate, in and of itself, is a flawed metric.

4 Likes

In a truly competitive (not algorithmically handicapped) game, win rate is the single best indicator of skill. But this is not a true competitive game, that’s why we have hidden MMR, performance based SR adjustment etc.

1 Like

Carried. You can do it. I know you can. Just… don’t reply to Cuthbert… it really just isn’t worth it… save yourself while you still can!

4 Likes

How are they going to get to be above 30% winrate if they stopped playing that hero?

3 Likes

Having him on ignore and removing the “1 hidden message” prompt is the best decision I ever made.

4 Likes

Inb4 “OMG YOU DIDNT WANT TO SEE WHAT I SAY EVEN THOUGH I SAY THE SAME THING ALL THE TIME AND 90% OF MY POSTS ARE SPAMMING MY LINK WHETHER IT’S RELEVANT TO THE THREAD?!?!! CENSORSHIP!”

Side note: I wish that plug-in you showed me worked on mobile, I’m rarely on the forums on a desktop anymore.

3 Likes

ikr :sob:

It’s okay though even if the decry censorship it’s fine - I won’t see it.

1 Like

One time I had someone throw because I had a 33% win rate on my one trick for the season.

At that time I had only played 3 games that season…

2 Likes

So if I lose my first game I can’t play that hero anymore? No thanks. Let people play what they want

3 Likes

After 2 hours, if your winrate is below 30%, you’re doing something very wrong.

I’m not going to waist my breath explaining how inhumanly stupid this is.

2 Likes

I strongly disagree. While it can be frustrating at the end of the day it’s just a game. If you don’t like the game you can always play another game. If people want to play what they want to play so be it. It may be annoying but that’s just how it is.

2 Likes

On this account I had a 25% winrate on rein after 3 hours. On another account after learning on this one I have around a 70% winrate on rein and it’s a higher elo. I learned by just playing more rein. Playing rein in a qp isn’t going to help you improve at rein. I learned rein by playing rein in comp. Yeah it’s going to affect my sr for a bit but then I’ll be able eventually start climbing. The best part is if you don’t want them matched on your team again just avoid them. If they’re so bad then you can just farm them next game.

3 Likes

My brother plays with me at plat and people call him bad all the time. He topped out at 4300 on his main. People really don’t know what they are talking about and just want someone else to blame. :clown_face:

If you want to get better focus on the things you can control. Focusing on who to blame is counterproductive.

6 Likes

exactly, people will call anyone but themselves trash because of their egos

1 Like