If you alting to learn a char + your team is getting rolled

Can you please just switch to your main chars? Seriously that game setup that match and if your not pulling weight - knowing a character is also knowing when its not working and switching.

Yeah, it’s largely an issue alt account players don’t often talk about because pretty much invalidates their justification on having one. They’re either playing with character they’re practicing and ruining your game If they need to switch and don’t, or they do switch and now they’re ruining the other person’s game because they’re effectively smurfing. I’m on counseling I’ve come to realize that a lot of my games have probably been lost to the Smurfs “practicing” either that or they were just really dumb but I see the alts being the more likely case, not all things require a genius to figure out so I assume alts.

1 Like

What is point of playing new char on alt then if you will keep switching to main?

When I play on alt, i sometimes switch but only when my hero is bad for situation. Like playing pharah against two hitscan dps.

4 Likes

Oh there is no point for you.

Just the entire team relies on you to pick the best character for each situation like a normal Competitive player who is playing to win, not playing to practice a specific character.

Ruining our competitive games will have zero impact on your training sessions though so no worries.

This whole response sometimes is oxymoronic.

Also add in sometimes I have ONLY level 1 brown borders on my team. If everyone is Alting - I gotta do 100%? My experience is ruined.

Also chances are teams are not balanced, and now your forcing everyone around to work harder. Combine all these factors your basically admitting throwing if you don’t change to the “best” counter the enemy provides. There will be windows when your alt character “is” the best - leverage those times.

Also consider the altruism factor. There is none. Your in a game where your performance is lower than your best - your disrespecting the people your playing with.

Now carried was talking about low win rates but I feel the two issues intersect.

1 Like

Of course and some games you dont have to work hard at all. It will even out. Most games can be still influenced by you to change outcome.

1 Like

Why?

If I level up, place, and play dozens of hours on X hero and I’m 2800 but I’m 3500 on Y hero, you’re just asking for a smurf carry to a win you don’t deserve. If someone plays a while they’ll be where they belong for that hero.

3 Likes

I’m asking for your best.

I realllly doubt the development team wanted account per character. They don’t ask you to log into your tracer account mid game.

Where is your account for X*Y character? I’ll avoid the the others.

1 Like

They probably didnt want it, but people like to do it.

1 Like

This game is a mess.

3 Likes

Why do you care about a rank that you don’t deserve? Ranks become meaningless for many reasons - one of them being that people compete more than once. Why can’t you play both heroes on one account and see what your SR averages out to? How broken is it to duplicate SR at places it doesn’t belong.

Exactly. Mains against mains, please and thanks. I have nothing to prove vs. someone’s omgtracer accnt that plays like just another disposable burner while they “learn” and “educate” people about how bad live ladder is.

1 Like

If people play alt accounts, those accounts are placed at the level of an alt. If you’re asking them to play their main hero that they’re likely significantly better on, you’re asking to be carried by a smurf. They play at your level on an alt. That’s fair.

2 Likes

I’m asking for people to have respect for their teammates if the team is clearly losing and their alt account IS the problem.

If someone wants to try out pharaoh or echo against a double hit scan - I might not be so lucky to have zax who MIGHT switch off.

If the alt is what you need then by all means go for it.

As I said in this thread: knowing a character is also knowing when your being outplayed.

Coming from someone with multiple alt accounts, I’d argue you don’t have much room to talk…

2 Likes

I’d argue this would end being smurfing, not playing an alt account. Then everyone would be mad.

Also, despite Lucio being my favorite hero still… I go out of my way not to play him on my alt accounts.

Well if you’re getting rolled you might be playing against smurfs anyway or have some boosted players on your team. You could at least try to level the playing field. Unfortunately most alt accounts are less likely to care about winning unless someone from the other team starts talking shiet or t-bagging them.

I have exactly 1 account that plays ranked and the other is for forum posting. I’m dead set against altering the contest with multiple cracks at the can. Nice try again with the character shaming.

I find this funny. People post topics complaining about ppl playing a hero they have 30% winrate on. People complain about alt accounts where people are trying to learn a new hero and people complain about Gold/Plat border accounts that are bad on a hero they main. You cannot satisfy there people ever.

It is like those job adds “we need a 20-year old with a 30 years of experience for this job”.

I did not know that once you pick up a hero you automatically need to be able to have mastered it so you can carry others who refuse to work and concentrate on what they are doing in a match. Because everyone knows that once you buy this game you need to know how to play all the heroes and all roles to their fullest potential, and that knowledge needs to be there before you actually buy the game.

Thank God all of you already possessed those skills when you bought the game for the first time.

4 Likes

You are speaking straight facts. The only thing those people are good at, is complaining

2 Likes

If complaining alone would get you to a higher SR, if only, these people would be OWL by now.

3 Likes