Unban the banned toxic players for overwatch 2

I didn’t cry about it I was pointing you that you were getting a little toxic.

And yes I know not everyone will be “kind”.

Hell, I am not being “kind” in this very thread lmao. Andough and Arcadium above are being nice about it.

1 Like

you’re right, that’s hard to determine. but it is hard to determine the people you are talking about too. so i can’t see any reason to keep them banned in overwatch 2. yes, they might continue their bad behaviour in overwatch 2 but they will get banned after some point no?

well technically overwatch 2 is a separate game despite cosmetics would get transferred over and tbf a ban shouldnt apply to the new game

1 Like

There are more than enough second hand accounts being sold. Unbanning a bunch of bad actors isn’t something I would suggest.

2 Likes

that’s correct, finally someone with a brain

I agree. They should be allowed to play the PVE and not the 2.0 PVP update

1 Like

It’s very easy to not get banned for toxicity and it makes people buy new copies to keep playing.

Not really seeing a reason to undo bans from any ethical or business perspective.

2 Likes

you can’t know if they are not going to fix their behaviour without unbanning them

Ahaha this is so ridiculous that it is actually hilarious as hell. You don’t even see the irony in your response :smile:

THIS is the reason you are probably banned with your main account and considering this a reaction to a discussion, not even a heated one, I would guess your in-game behaviour is probably way worse when the match doesn’t go the way you like.

So no, banned players will stay banned and you won’t get banned over one night.

4 Likes

you cant know if every single person who got banned is buying the game again, you are technically losing players too.

And given that they got banned for toxicity, literally the easiest thing in the world to not get banned for, I’m not seeing any argument that anything of value was lost.

2 Likes

It takes a lot of toxicity to even get a warning, let alone getting banned.

3 Likes

No, not technically. It’s not a “new” game nor a separate game. It’s a big update.

2 Likes

ok then, keep them banned in overwatch 1 and remove the ban in overwatch 2 since they technically got banned in overwatch 1

Why?
They done mistakes they got punished for it, according their acceptance of ToS. I don’t see why they would ever revert the decision. What happens if one of his victims see the banned account again? What if the victim needed health care to deal with the situation? Things are complex on real world. Each action comes with reaction.

You know that being educated it’s different to be kind right? Saying “shut up” isn’t your right to anybody unless you’re above them or own them, which pretty much are against the law on most places.

Why? Because it’s their own choice. Folks are evaluated and receive judgement by their own choices and mistakes. Nobody here it’s better or worst than anybody.

While I get that folks can get angry, their angry should be addressed on proper ways by being educated not being bossy or try to silence by “aggressive ways” others. You have your own tool to silence others for you, you shouldn’t enforce your own desire on others.

In real life, if someone says “shut up” to you. You would feel good? Keep that in mind, toxic behavior starts even before folks realize that they’re being toxic. Your rights are rights until will not hurt others rights.

i think they are reworking current characters listed probably to not be massively op like they are now but some who has gotten banned are often targetted by people becuase they main a certain character

No need to throw the baby/banlist out with the bathwater/expansion.

1 Like

It’s a public forum for owners of the game. You have your right as same everybody. You can type anything you want unless it’s against ToS or offensive to anybody.

The question is, you’re up to debate why you want them to lift the ban on OW2 or just wasting everybody’s time to not willing to communicate properly?

1 Like

i didn’t say something bad to you right? and i also just said shut up to that guy, because he kept saying i’m banned and my old account is not going to come back, even though i said i’m not banned from the game once. what did you want me to say?

i will say this from what ive heard the system is automated and there isnt actually anyone to review a mistake by a flawed ai algorithm like some can be falsely reported for playing a certain hero which is a well known issue and its even been talked about in the past of people banned for playing there hero of choice