Unable to hear voice lines or sound effects for ultimates

I have this same exact problem!
The voice lines and a lot of sounds play delayed. Especially the ults, its usually only the sound effect that plays, while the actual voice line plays afterwards.
I turned on the subtitles to see if they would also be delayed, but there isn’t any problem with them.
I haven’t had this problem until this new update.

edit // another weird thing, I have no audio issues with the Halloween event game modes

2 Likes

Yup, I’m having this same issue. Was debating whether or not I should post a topic in general discussion where its more likely to be seen and answered quickly cuz I’m pretty annoyed rn.

1 Like

Here’s what seems to be the official thread on this issue.

6 Likes

Just here to say i am having the exact same problem since this patch, have not figured out what is wrong. I’ve updated my drivers, uninstatlled/reinstalled, still not fixed.

2 Likes

It’s just blatantly not playing vocal or sound cues for me when ults or voice lines are going off, so of course i’m getting riptired without even knowing it’s going off

1 Like

Games broken after the recent patch 1.41.0.0.62906. I have the same issue. I cant hear any voice lines or the sound cues during ultimate. Playing blindly isn’t fun. Please have it rectified and patch it as soon as possible. I am sure you guys are working on it or I hope you do soon. Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Exact same issue. Ive changed my settings with tips from previous issues but nothing is working.

Not having this issue, played several games yesterday after patch without any troubles.

I’m experiencing the same issue as well! I can’t hear my teammates’ and enemies’ ultimate voice lines, and I can’t even hear my character saying “Hello” as well. All I hear was the background sound effects and Athena’s voice.

1 Like

The staff mentioned in the first post about this that they are aware of the issue and working on it.

2 Likes

im have the same issue

I’m also having the same issue.

You can add feedback to the thread in the #bug-report forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

same, its really annoying since i cant play the game without getting blown up by dva or riptired by junkrat. Smh.

2 Likes

Me and my friend have the same problem! We can’t hear voicelines and ults sometimes just like Zoogz. Junkrat’s ult is a problem without his loud voiceline to warn people. :sweat:

Guys they fixed it! :smiley: Go download the update! It’s 48 mb

I also have the same issue.

It’s a old post but yeah i have the same issue.

2 Likes

I have nothing fancy turned on, have reinstalled drivers and the game, (for fun).
After your last patch, I can’t hear any ults or character voice lines, even RIGHT ON ME. (even in POtG’s they are muted).
Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

i went into sound settings and hit “reset all”. it worked for me.