Sound bug on patch 1.41

Hey, I’m having a major sound issue on patch 1.41. The ingame sound such as voice lines, footsteps and skills sound is getting delay quite a bit in a random way I feel like. Sometimes the sound gets louder and sometimes I hear and ultimate voice line 30sec after it got used at the place it happened before. Also something to keep into account but that I’m not sure of, is that I feel like the longer the match is played the more the sound gets delayed.
I already had this issue on PTR but didn’t report it as some people had a similar issue on previous PTR patches but it was getting fixed when the patch went live.
My Sound Card is a Realtek and the driver is 6.0.1.8210
I’m playing with Windows Sonic Surround ON and it doesnt change when I turn it OFF.
It’s near impossible to play with this bug so let me know if you need any further details I’m willing to do anything to get it fixed.

268 Likes

I have this error too! The game is literally unplayable as I cannot tell what is happening in a match!!!

47 Likes

Same, complained about this in another thread too. This is making the game unplayable
For now I muted whole game and listen to music in the background bc the delay is only making all this stuff worse.

16 Likes

I have the same problem

8 Likes

This is happening to me too, I reported this when this was on PTR but nothing has been fixed. I did a full re-install as well and the issue persists.

17 Likes

Same here, I tried to repare, reboot (both game and PC) and search the same issue, but nothing works for now.

8 Likes

oh thank goodness it’s not just me. i cant hear things like rein charging, ults go off-honestly, half the time i dont even hear the voice line later, it’s just no sound whatsoever

32 Likes

Same here. First I was thinking that I was crazy but then Wrecking ball piledrivered on top of me and it didn’t make a sound + other stuff.

6 Likes

Lol what is the point of having 1 month of PTR if devs are not going to fix a bug that appeared since day 1?

22 Likes

I support too, after the last patch the sound lags, it’s not clear, it’s delayed, sometimes it’s not there, sometimes you can’t hear shots, ultimates, characters, it’s terribly not convenient to play

4 Likes

Same problem here, glad im not the only one. + some fps problems. I hope they fix this.

8 Likes

I have the same issue and its really unplayable. I hope they fix it as soon as possible!

4 Likes

Same here, I thought I was the only one for a sec :frowning: Can’t hear almost anything ultimate related and the rest is super delayed, I barely can play and keep track of what happens in the match u.u

5 Likes

same here, I hope Blizzard fixes this asap

2 Likes

I have the same issue too, and I thought it was my PC having a heart attack or something

4 Likes

I have the same problem since the new patch. I tried 5 quickplay matches on different maps and they all had the same problem.

I can’t hear ults, can’t hear footsteps or shots getting fired, voicelines don’t work, it’s either that or they come suuuuper late.

It makes the game unplayable so I stopped, which makes me sad since I was excited about the event. Hope it gets fixed asap.

8 Likes

One more case, reporting in.

2 Likes

Also have this issue-- I followed the sound troubleshooting completely and still having sound being cutoff or delayed.

3 Likes

Me too. I’m so glad that is not my computer issue. It’s slightly touches halloween event brawls, but you can’t actually notice that. But QP and Comp. games now just unplayable because of it.

3 Likes

Same here, not map specific or anything. I watched a Pharah ult in silence, Mei was behind freezing our team in silence. Only time the sound works is in death cam. I just want to play some Overwatch, but it’s impossible :sob:

2 Likes