Unable to connect to Bnet North East US

Identical for me. Lost me 50 SR and an endorsement level. Hope I can have it returned.

1 Like

I hope this doesnt cost me to get banned if i try playing again

If this is a Verizon issue…why should Blizzard be the ones to replace SR and suspensions?

1 Like

My internet works completely fine with every other game. Why is there a bad connection and dropped games between verizon and blizzard only? So me not getting into a game means nan? I dont about the SR. I just dont want to have to wait till next season to play

1 Like

This is a issue between verizon and blizzard. Other than that my connections with literally every other game work

1 Like

Blizzard does not award SR to players, regardless of how it was lost. There’s a sticky in this forum with more information.

1 Like

This is normal, all game servers are not located in the same location. Think of it like a game of connect the dots. One of the dots between Verizon and Blizzard may be having issues, and it may not be the property of either company.

2 Likes

I’m quite upset that this has lasted this long. I’ve wanted to play OW all day. This is the crappy internet that Americans pay for…

1 Like

Having the same issue. I live in RI. Every game I try to get into it stays on the map loading screen. I have Verizon as well.

I’ve now had to leave 2 comp games, lost about 100 SR, had a 10 minute ban, and my endorsement level went from 4 to 3. Afraid to log in and try a game until this is resolved. I don’t want the penalties that OW gives now.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/VerizonSupport/status/1023354646310645760

Verizon is trying to say it’s not their issue to fix…

So this is not an official statement from Verizon, but it seems to be one of the 3rd parties that they use to link their user to blizzards servers. Seems like their trying to get intouch with the place to get things up and running for us again. Again not an official statement from Verizon.

1 Like

This is often true, as ISPs don’t own every connection point between their customer and the service you’re trying to reach. Instead, they lease these connections. They did say they are trying to help resolve it, so now it’s just a waiting game.

As long as this has been I can only have flashbacks to the days of a backbone provider or router being the cause and said vendor or company responsible for the fix has to have a complaining contest it is not them before anything gets fixed.

1 Like

i asked verizon if it could be a router problem. thier saying its one of their 3rd parties that they rent for servers to connect use to blizzard. their saying within the next 24 hours their hoping to get some infomation

1 Like

Well it was fun overwatch :frowning: rather not get banned till next season so i give up on trying again

it sucks for people who have very little time to play games because when this happens on the weekend it wipes out their only chance to actually play the game

3 Likes

Welp, I didn’t wanna do this… but Paladins it is for now ;___;

2 Likes

Yeah… I know what you mean. I’ve already got super penalized on Comp and within Quickplay so I just wanna know what’s going on :frowning:

1 Like

Yup…but OW is so much better and obvi we both know it ;_;

1 Like

Games I’ve tried to play today to curb my desire to Overwatch:

• CS: Go (no respawn and instakills are the worst)
  • Day of Defeat: Source (brutal instakill shots galore, amazing original maps)
  • Dying Light: Too stressful in a scary way
  • Paladins: awful hit impact for everything feels like everyone and everything is covered in pillows
  • Team Fortress 2: wtf is going on in this game now and also hit impact is nowhere near as satisfying as OW

None of these games made me feel anything close to the harmony of OW.

Anyway, FIX THIS NOW PLEASE.

<3

2 Likes