Unable to connect to Bnet North East US

are you using verizon as well?

1 Like

Yes. Also of note is I’m playing CS:GO with no issues.

My recommendation is to reach out to your ISP, provide the IP for the server you’re trying to connect to (can get it at this link when selecting Overwatch), and have them test the route themselves. They will likely spot the issue immediately and help diagnose it.

Your ISP probably uses a different connection path for other games, which is why they’re still working ok.

1 Like

Hi friends,

From the looks of it, most of you are from the New england area in the states. As such, this is something we are looking in to and know about. We have a post on Social Media, and would like to ask you to post a WinMTR and Looking Glass report here.

This seems to be a Verizon issue, one they know about at this time. It is a waiting game on both ends here. We hope this is resolved soon.

/Nathardrick

2 Likes

Blizzard’s client is glitched full of errors and so is overwatch. i can’t load into a game of comp and my voice chat just kicks me out randomly without manual control…what in the hell is this overwatch staff and blizzard company. i lost plenty of sr, which i will get back, but seeing hard work being instantly lost because of a technical issue on the owners side…it really grind my damn gears.
ERRORS:
BLZBNTBGS80000011
VOICE CHAT ERROR 1002

3 Likes

Hi friends,

Just popping in as Verizon posted about this problem. I wanted to share the link. :slight_smile:

/Nathardrick

4 Likes

I tried playing 3 Comp games now. 1 worked completely fine. The other two games would start up put me on a team and freeze at the loading screen. Then the inactive countdown will start and kick me out while at loading screen before picking a hero. Now Im suspended for 30 minutes. But wait…theres more I cant even start the game up and log in now smh. Error (BC-101) On PS4 btw.

1 Like

I have verizon and having the issue on PS4

Ive been suspended because of these issues. Anyway to resolve this so im able to play comp when servers are up

having this issue as well

Identical for me. Lost me 50 SR and an endorsement level. Hope I can have it returned.

1 Like

I hope this doesnt cost me to get banned if i try playing again

If this is a Verizon issue…why should Blizzard be the ones to replace SR and suspensions?

1 Like

My internet works completely fine with every other game. Why is there a bad connection and dropped games between verizon and blizzard only? So me not getting into a game means nan? I dont about the SR. I just dont want to have to wait till next season to play

1 Like

This is a issue between verizon and blizzard. Other than that my connections with literally every other game work

1 Like

Blizzard does not award SR to players, regardless of how it was lost. There’s a sticky in this forum with more information.

1 Like

This is normal, all game servers are not located in the same location. Think of it like a game of connect the dots. One of the dots between Verizon and Blizzard may be having issues, and it may not be the property of either company.

2 Likes

I’m quite upset that this has lasted this long. I’ve wanted to play OW all day. This is the crappy internet that Americans pay for…

1 Like

Having the same issue. I live in RI. Every game I try to get into it stays on the map loading screen. I have Verizon as well.

I’ve now had to leave 2 comp games, lost about 100 SR, had a 10 minute ban, and my endorsement level went from 4 to 3. Afraid to log in and try a game until this is resolved. I don’t want the penalties that OW gives now.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/VerizonSupport/status/1023354646310645760

Verizon is trying to say it’s not their issue to fix…