Umm...VS AI is GONE

Do you know this is a pvp game? So why don’t you stop playing vs bots and actually learn how to play with other people.
You must try it, it’s great! Everyone is throwing, being toxic or russian…you know pvp stuff…

2 Likes

You can create custom games vs ai! Or play the event’s a bunch. That’s what I plan to do. They’re only open for this month, might as well put some time into that :slight_smile:

Dev’s confirmed it’s a server side issue and will be up soon! Fear not! :star_struck:

8 Likes

Thank you for relaying the information. I hope they get it fixed soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cavalcade11 Thanks for relaying the info, is there a forum post with the dev response? link or more info appreciated :slight_smile:

Um wtf it’s gone? Vs AI was great! A chill game mode I played when I needed to zone out.

Also, a good mode for getting familiar with a completely new hero but not burdening your team while you blunder about with the new moves. It was a nice middle-ground in between the Training Range and Quick Play.

I would chill there and play Widow so I wouldn’t be a burden on my team, as we’d win anyways. I’m a bad sniper but it’s fun :smiley: I don’t wanna bring that to QP and help cause a loss. JEFF PLEASE

1 Like

If you go to BlizzardCS twitter someone asked about VS AI and they said “It needed to be temporarily disabled due to a technical issue. It will return, but we don’t currently have an ETA! Sorry! ^KAL” I would have included the link but it would not let me.

1 Like

To be honest the Overwatch team is in dire need of some help from the HotS team.
Lets face it, HotS is the most balanced game in Blizzard’s roster so far and it has far more heroes than Overwatch does, so how the hell is a game that is receiving infinitely more attention than HotS doing a worse job?

3 Likes

Yeah there was another forum post about it where they responded. I can find the link if you want?

VS AI mode was often used to create custom game modes with more than the allowed player amount. People would create a VS AI custom game, kick the bots, add real players, repeat, until you had 90 vs 90 or higher player games going on.

Since it was so easy to abuse I can understand them removing it.

they better bring it back I love playing against the ai. c:

There was a particular problem in HotS balancing team in the past that put them into a similar state that Overwatch is currently in, and was a direct cause of HotS losing a ton of playerbase and becoming one of Blizzard’s small population games.

The community complained about that guy heavily and when the balance team went past him and looked at the community comments themselves they as a team decided to remove him.

He was moved to a different project (overwatch) and ever since then balance in HotS has recovered though the population by not as much.

Thanks much for the link mate. Very good to hear… now I can relax & breathe :slight_smile:

Refresher of the dev post:

6 Likes

I am just passing along the word, I am still thankful for the help BIll Warnecke and the Blizzard CS staff by staying in contact with me and all of you.

3 Likes

They literally come out with a hero every what… 2 months? 1 month?

It’s really crazy. The game’s splash page is almost always the new hero LOL.

1 Like

You’re a champion WyomingMyst, thank you!

13 Likes

Yeah there was a certain guy who was on the team who was responsible for pretty terrible balancing, he was eventually moved on and another guy was moved in who fixed the mistakes that guy made and made it the most balanced Blizzard game so far.

And guess where that ‘other guy’ ended up…

They can add heroes as often as they want, the speed at which they add heroes was not my point.
My point was that HotS has 78 heroes and the vast majority of them are well balanced (and even the ones that aren’t are still perfectly viable), Overwatch has 27 and maybe 10-11 of them are used seriously and the rest of them are either completely unviable or UP compared to the other, far better heroes.

2 Likes

Oh thank goodness. For a moment I really throught they got rid of VS AI which would’ve meant no more OW for me. I play this mode an awful lot cos it’s the perfect place to unwind and just have a chill team-up with chill players. This game truly needs more PvE opportunities, though. Or a better version of VS AI. :0

2 Likes

Can you improve the AI while your at it too?

7 Likes