Umm...VS AI is GONE

It’s not showing up in my game in any of the menus

15 Likes

Seems like they removed it.

They need to add this feature back. There is a valuable part of the community that plays this. I will likely stop playing this game if this is removed completely… and I LOVE this game. Jeff please be nice to us.

16 Likes

HotS devs acknowledged that 17% of their playerbase play EXCLUSIVELY in vs AI matches.

They’ve embraced that fact, and has allowed for most quests and event objectives to be completed in any mode from Ranked to AI.

They respect their vs AI players, and value their existence.

OW devs should take a page out of their fellow devs’ book. And before you say it, I know OW is the golden child, while HotS is the red-headed stepchild (not Diablo; Diablo is the excommunicated one rotting in jail somewhere far off). Doesn’t mean one team can’t learn from the successful aspect of another team’s work.

23 Likes

Whelp looks like I’m probably not really gunna touch overwatch again unless there’s some PvE event going on, quite sad :confused:

8 Likes

It’s possible they are doing something with it and needed to take it out for now.

10 Likes

I’m hoping it’s either a bug or a temporary removal for (insert various reasons here)

2 Likes

I hope this is a bug or unintentional or some other non-permanent factor considering I currently play almost exclusively in AI. It took me since OW’s release to finally kick myself to buy it and a strong factor in that decision was the AI feature.

If they needed to temporarily remove it for whatever reason, it would have been nice to know in the patch notes, considering a probably large portion of the community goes for that mode at least somewhat regularly.

7 Likes

It has to be unintentional or temporary, I don’t know why they’d just remove it like that

4 Likes

I play mainly AI because I’m bipolar and PVP can really stress me out at times and people are super chill in AI and they don’t care what hero you play. I’m super familiar with all the heroes because of this. I’d be extremely disappointed if it was removed permanently.

16 Likes

I think they may have removed it just for the event update. After all, both of those events (Uprising and Retribution) are exclusively versus ai. That’s just my guess anyway.

9 Likes

I’d rather they replace it with some sort of PvE mode with the bots. Instead of there only being of them.

1 Like

well you can always play vs ai in a custom game

4 Likes

Vs People comes with a level of stress that Vs AI just doesn’t have. They need to add this back & soon. This has ruined this event for me so far… I was and still am so excited for the PvE content from this event, but the cost of losing this mode is too much right now.

7 Likes

If it’s gone for good then I’m pretty much done with Overwatch entirely outside of the Uprising (now Archives) and Halloween events.

Real shame. I used to love this game to bits, then they screwed with Mercy and killed that love and enthusiasm for it, and now they’re removing the only game mode that just lets relax and unwind for a while (while still letting me earn a fair amount of EXP, which, even they kept the VS AI but removed the EXP gain, would be the same as removing VS AI for me).

:frowning: :frowning:

9 Likes

…without any XP reward. Nice one.

3 Likes

The last time I checked, you still get XP.

3 Likes

You do, but it’s a garbage amount compared to what VS AI would give, which was already pretty meh compared to Quickplay.

3 Likes

I’m thinking they removed it temporarily because they thought people would like the event AI modes.

1 Like

I only play vs AI. The event is nice and all. Although, I do not like being forced to play in the event. Seeing as it is the only means of me personally getting exp. I was planning on playing vs AI until I could get my friends to play the event, seems my plans are now out the window. Please add vs AI back soon i.e before the event is over.

Edit; I do not play custom games…

4 Likes