Umm. Molten core WASN"T THE PROBLEM

The lesson to be learned from this is…

Do not get attached to ANY Overwatch hero. The devs can and will mess with you at any time and say it is for your own good. The fact that people continue to play this game makes them believe they are right.

Yeah I clicked that first, but it wanted me to turn off Adblock. Not doing that :innocent:

But you’re hypothetical Devs are right. Just because you like Molten Core doesn’t mean keeping it is a viable balance route. Also, I’ve played a ton of Torbjorn and I’m not super attached to it, and a ton of rework debate threads have put forward removing it, so who is this “everyone” you claim to speak for?

1 Like

Doing away with Molten Core will allow them to give him incredible buffs in his normal state. This design tactic is a step in the right direction.

Now, whether they do it right remains to be seen.

People ARE justified in being scared of what might happen, considering Bastion, Symmetra, and Sombra all got very unpopular changes.

3 Likes

I hate that their first idea is to move a hero’s ult to a regular ability. It hasn’t worked both times before.

1 Like

The problem is that if they keep Molten Core, any other buffs they give him will be pushed over the top.

It was the same problem Symm’s lock on beam had.

the only problem with torb is that hes a builder which time was against him… molten core wasnt the problem xD be good to see what new ult is though

I guarantee that at least I wouldn’t be doing such threads. I’m tired of arguing, and if Torb hits PTR with those changes (or more radical ones), I’m done with Overwatch.

They broke my favorite hero to play (Sym), they broke my favorite map (Horizon), and now they are breaking the main reason why I even got interested in Overwatch in the first place (I like Engie and dwarves).

Yeah, this change will be the last straw for me. I don’t even care if Torb will be good or bad after the change. All that I ask is for him to still feel like I’m playing the Torb I play for the last two years.

1 Like

You missed the other line at the end of the article. Here, let me quote it for you:

As of now, I think we’ve decided to move away from Molten Core entirely

Yeah, there is no “maybe we will change MC”. It’s a sure thing already.

1 Like

What the heck. Really?
Ok then, two can play this game.

Sombra mains:We want a small damage threshold for hack. Maybe 30, so intended damage will still stop it, while spray and pray will be punished?
Gengu mains:Absurd!!!

Sombra Mains: Ok, then make decloak 0.2 seconds faster?

Sombra mains:Ok then, then maybe let hack and stuns stop transformation ults while being casted(not after)

Sombra mains:Ok, then raise her base speed to keep up with Genji or Tracer? She has a similar style of play and will be better.
Gengu mains: Absurd!!!

Sombra mains: Revert the stupid 2 second cd, then.

Sombra mains:Well, what kind of changes do YOU sugest then. She has the lowest pickrate and winrate.
Gengu mains: Delet her, I dont like having counters.

5 Likes

Torb’s only good aspect was his ult. It is a smart decision to take power from it and spread it across his entire kit.

In short, torb was trash but his ult felt overwhelming. Poorly designed. I actually think an ult change could be a good idea. Obviously depending on what they change it to.

But the way to go is to take power away from the turret and give it to the actual hero. Which definitely includes smaller head hitbox lol. Hope they don’t forget that part.

1 Like

Alrighty, ima gonna do it copying and pasting your quotes

They are thinking to make it normal ability though. :stuck_out_tongue:

As one of those Sombra mains, these are terrible ideas. I have never seen a Sombra player ask for any of these.

A little more damage is what people ask, not double
Invis and Hack need a small damage threshold, not 75 HP but 15-20 HP.
Hack is fine, it just needs its bugs fixed and not to be canceled by a sneeze
Hack should cancel cast times or be coded to effect Techy ultimates only. You can’t say it’s ridiculous that she can’t Hack a literal heat sensing camera but can Hack a hand crank and an edgy ballerina.

Sombra’s problems are her inability to do anything during a fight, something no other hero has.

4 Likes

Ok, so now that my overreaction is done, and I’m a bit more calm, let me go through this.

I agree Torb is a snowball hero. He relies on having scrap before he can properly armor his team, and in a lot of situations you get scrap-starved because the enemy dies in terrible positions, where you can see a sea of scrap, but you know if you try to approach that, you’ll either die or waste all the scrap you gathered to armor yourself back into the position you was before.

My solution to fix that is removing the scrap mechanic altogether, and make his armor pack a 8~12 seconds cooldown ability, that can stack to 4 charges. This would allow him to armor his team (except the tanks) as soon as he is picked, thus, getting instant value as a teammate. To prevent him just creating a pile of armor in the setup phase, you can simply do what you did to Sombra’s hack, and prevent armor-throwing during the setup phase (or at least, freeze the cooldown while on setup)

He mostly definitely needs a head hitbox reduction. At least to keep his head size proportional to his body, so he isn’t 50% critbox.

Throwing the turret a bit more far than current is not a bad idea. Leaving the turret to self-upgrade is not a bad idea. But it will marginalize his hammer, and it will need to be buffed to be a proper close range weapon, or removed. Without the time factor in upgrading the turret, it’s just better to throw a fresh one and move out instead of standing near it for 5 seconds repairing it back to full health.

Removing Molten Core is a stupid idea, and it still infuriates me that Geoff already put in the press that the dev team is already sold that they need to change it to a new ultimate. I said it before, and I’ll stand by this: If Torb changes to the point I don’t recognize him anymore in his rework, I’m done with Overwatch.

1 Like

Nowhere in the article that I read did I see this quote, which is still speculation.

“Either way, it’s looking like Torb will get a new ultimate when he’s re-released.”

This quote from the article I read is similar, and yes he may very likely get a new ult, but it’s still just speculation. Not a sure thing.

I don’t think they should change molten core, not like I’m trying to defend the possible ult rework. There just isn’t definitive proof it’s changing quite yet.

You might be looking at one of the children articles instead of the original one.

Eh, Geoff himself said that he’s considering it and it really depends on implementation.

Mercy ress aside, Sym tele is actually pretty good.

For me personally, the ONLY thing I would LOVE to see for Sombra is a single extra damage per bullet. That’s it. It has the potential to do an extra 60 damage, but isn’t guaranteed due to aim, strifing, positioning, etc. I think it would help her ability to finish targets easier, but nothing OP or crazy. I feel she should stay the same as live with just this one change. I think it is reasonable. :slight_smile: but it could be nerfed to .5 if it proves to improve her too much.

EDIT: her only problem is she needs a more defined role that ISN’T scout, because it doesn’t provide enough in a game of small teams like OW.

Tbh, I’m fine with heroes being more fun instead of more viable at this point. At least they’re fun in a VIDEO GAME, so that’s good! :smiley:

1 Like