Ultra extreme low quality matchmaking

Oh, yeah…that, uh, whooshing sound you hear…definitely not your joke flying past me…

1 Like

Smurf (noun):
(1) A player who manipulates their game rank to a level below their actual skill.
(2) A player who is using an online persona different than their primary persona.
(3) A player who is better at a given game than Kotonoha

3 Likes

(1). True
(2). :thinking: Interesting…. Hadn’t seen that one
(3). Impossible…. Nobody is better than kotoboto (or whatever).

3 Likes

Bro if your defending this matchmaking you must not be very good at this game

1 Like

A lot of people just mean “alt account” when they say smurf. It makes discussions hard and it’s why I say “people on the smurf/throw cycle” instead of just “smurf”.

Maybe the meaning has solidified towards the first definition, but it was a thing at one time.

1 Like

Ranking in this is a joke. Matchmaking is supposed to Match you with Peers of Similar Skill. The scoreboard in Overwatch 2 has determined this is a lie.

5 Likes

Actually true….

At this point I’m not convinced most people actually know what Blizz defines as smurfing.

You’re comparing a game with a disgustingly small player base to a game with a standing (though drastically diminished) player base.

When Overwatch was in a healthier state, the games were far more balanced. Judging someone’s performance by elims on the board is pretty evident of a fundamental misunderstanding of the game.

1 Like

MMR is MMR. sR is sR. Scoreboard reads stats. Overwatch has horrible matchmaking. Indisputable and Bullet Proof.

3 Likes

They had a pretty sound reason for not having a scoreboard. Did they succumb to pressure or do you think it will help?

I cannot argue with this logic.

2 Likes

Scoreboards don’t read stats. At all….

They report specified details game to game.
Your stats page reports stats.

Because the player base is dead? Yes I agree with you.

Comment above.

The transparent scoreboard for OW2 is really good. It’ll reduce “some” toxicity but if your tank is going 1:1 then it’s probably a support issue.

If your support is under-sustaining with low damage then your DPS aren’t peeling. And if your tank is top dragging and your DPS are less than 2.5:1 and your supports have a lot of damage, then your DPS have terrible positioning and/or aren’t being supported correctly.

So it doesn’t really reduce toxicity that much IMO. Everyone is still gonna point the finger at everyone else.

3 Likes

But it is a clearer picture. The scoreboard CAN tell you the dead weight on your team. whereas now… people guess often wrong, who is the dead weight. You’re right that it may still lead to misunderstandings… but it also will help smart players, like you, determine who is actually doing poorly on your team.

and then you did a good read of a scoreboard to bolster my point. Thanks.

2 Likes

Nice to see you again Phoenix.

The current score board and the Overwatch 2 scoreboard provide the same information. The only difference is in overwatch two you can see everybody’s performance stats instead of just your own.

I mean…. If you’re going 35/4 with 15,000 damage you’re probably not the problem.

But if you’re only going 2:1 or 2.5/3:1 as tank or DPS, I’d make the argument that you are performing average at best.

2 Likes

What is the Mercy has less than 800 Healing in a FULL NEW GAME issue how do I diagnose that smarty pants?

1 Like

Also diagnose “I HAVE 5 GOLDS WITH SOMBRA”. If you figure that one out you win.

1 Like

Lol…. You’re not as good as you think you are my dude.

• Fact of life for ALL gamers
1 Like

I’m just saying that’s my ranked experience. Puts holes all through your arguments and reduced you to personal attacks. No need to be nasty, your ego got hurt not mine

2 Likes

I’m not, and I’m OK with that, I have nerve damage in both hands, my profile is open.

1 Like

You didn’t put holes in any argument.