Uhhh, Can we nerf Roadhog?

Metal rank soldier player.

I hate one shots. However, what I’m most annoyed by is that this man survives a D.Va bomb to the face if he breathes in the good kush.

I want the D.Va bomb to do death pit damage in melee (but count as the hero’s health pool for damage done, we don’t need just-too-late Lifeweaver Lifegrips in deathpits that gives you 1,000,000 mitigation. xD), so if you’re not hiding or find a way to adjust it so it won’t kill you- you will die. No matter what.

Anyway- back on topic with Roadhog… I feel like they just need to make his headshot do less damage so people actually have a chance to survive his “fat DPS” role. :\ I dunno. SOMETHING. He’s way too much now and making Ana in even more games.

Yeah, I’ve had some games against hog today and really the first I have played against him much since the 25% crit reduction. I take back my earlier comments - he is broken now. It’s a bit too hard to kill him, and without Ana it is near impossible.

He really does need a nerf to his survivability with the crit reduction in place.

Wrong! Any hero that punishes bad spacial awareness is good.

He’s a skillcheck tank.

Common sense, with above average skill (aim) trivializes his overall value.

Bro just get better positioning/s

Then remove the DPS passive too. There’s no sense in double downing on support. At that point might as well just delete the role and go CoDwatch.

This thread should be marked bronze-gold

Which is 80% of the player base.

Even higher ranks adjust to changes. Either way, one of the group takes a hit.

Blizz actually released the data recently. Forgot the percentages but majority was silver followed by gold then platinum.

He’s not an issue in plat I tank there

Diamond and lower are considered low rank.

I was wrong here is the data:

• Bronze 10.2 percent
  • Silver 19.2 percent (Above 10.2 percent of players)
  • Gold 26.7 percent (Above 29.4 percent of players)
  • Plat 26.2 percent (Above 56.1 percent of players)
  • Diamond 12.2 percent (Above 82.3 percent of players)
  • Master 3.9 percent (Above 94.5 percent of players)
  • Grandmaster 1.6 percent (Above 98.4 percent of players)

And then nothing will EVER die. Tank just sucks because we only have two possible metas:

1. Super tank mirrior - one tank is clearly the best so everyone plays it. Think Orisa until her nerf or release Mauga
  2. Tank Rock-Paper-Scissors - many tanks are balanced so we just counterswap after every death. Ex. Dva beats Winston, Zarya beats Dva, Winston beats Zarya.

Since Hog is so strong, I think we’ve entered a “Rock-paper-scissors” meta that will be Mauga beats Hog, Sigma beats Mauga, Hog beats Sigma (I could be wrong, but this has been my experience so far).

I’m not sure - I’ve played 4 games against Zarya today and in all of them she had 0 or 1 deaths. Seems that zarya+mercy or zarya+lw is near unkillable.

Bruh delulu so if he overextends feeds he should die right? He doesnt thats the issue. Hes not skillcheck if he himself doesnt need skill

Lol, that’s not how skill checks work. Do you even play this game?

Lol, tell Moira mains that :rofl:. Unkillable and too much value with no skill required.

1 Like

So the skillcheck is him being near you? Him having los? Whats the skillcheck if wins the fight by defualt unless countered? You mean his hook? Which i described before i have no trouble dodging or blocking at all.

1 Like

You didn’t know dude, the skill check is not being within his los or being over 20 meters away from him every 6 seconds.

1 Like

I truly don’t understand your grievance against hog. His damage was gutted, and he has no mobility cooldowns.

What could you possibly be playing (or not playing) to have so much difficulty against a walking battery? Because before the damage nerf, he was still easy to bully.

He can one shot. His damage is insanely high still. What are you talking about?

Im not arguing i cant counterswap im arguing i shouldnt need to in order to win. He shouldnt have 50% damage reduction whilst healing. He shouldnt one shot squishies. And he should be fair.