U R God Buff Healers for 1 Healer 2 Tanks 3 DPS

• List item

I want this just to get my 60 hps :joy:

Idc if I get dunked on and my tanks yeet off the map constantly

Double Edit:
I buffed supports to originally be strong enough to solo heal in 2/2/2
Then I realized…this is 3/2/1…
So I’m going to make them more busted to make sure we supports don’t quit in 3/2/1

Third and prob final Edit: I MISSED BAPTISTE AND YALL DIDNT SAY ANYTHING?!

Edit: I missed the question, my bad.

We were just shown that Blizz won’t buff tanks nearly as much as we think, but imma buff the mess outta mine anyway

Ana

Base Health Pool increased by 50 (total of 250)

Biotic Rifle (Scoped)

• Duration of healing shot is .3 seconds down from .8
  • Movement speed penalty removed
  • Damage per shot increased from 70 to 85 scope only

Biotic Rifle

• Reload time reduced to 1.3 seconds
  • Magazine size reduced to 9 bullets
  • Damage per shot increased from 70 to 75

Biotic Grenade

• Doubles Healing Received on target(s) for 4 seconds
  • Instantly heals for 150 health up from 100
  • Anti-Effect now mitigates 50% of healing instead of negating all healing

Sleep dart

• Cooldown time reduced from 12 to 8 seconds

Nano Boost

• Ana can now hold the active-ability button to apply the nano boost effect on herself to instantly heal herself to full, increase her fire rate by 50%, increase her movement speed by 40%, and recover 25 health per second over its duration.
  • Cost increased by 12%

Baptiste

• Base health decreased by 50 points
  • Now has 100 shields added to base health
    150 Health:100 Shield

Exo boots

• Movement speed bonus is omni-directional and work in charges like Tracer’s blinks maximum distance is 9 meters
  • Charge time for lateral movement is removed
  • Cooldown for lateral movement is 4 seconds
  • Maximum of 4 charges

Immortality Field

• Radius increased from 6.5 to 9 meters from epicenter
  • Now has a sentry inside to damage the lowest health enemy or enemy most recently attacked by Baptiste within an 18 meter radius for 45 damage per second must have LoS
  • Maximum duration increased from 5 to 10 seconds
  • Health reduced from 200 to 50
  • Armor pool increased from 0 to 150
  • Shield pool increased from 0 to 250

I don’t feel like looking up the proper organization, but I’m imagining health:armor:shields

Biotic Launcher (Primary)

• Interval between shots decreased from .45 to .36 seconds
  • Magazine size reduced from 45 to 24
  • Damage per shot increased from 25 to 30

Biotic Launcher (Secondary)

• Ammunition clip size reduced from 12 to 6
  • Healing per shot reworked to heal 25 on direct impact and 45 within a 6m radius
  • Grenades restore an additional 30 health over 1 second

Regenerative Burst

• Healing per second increased from 30 to 40
  • Total Health restored increased from 150 to 160
  • Duration decreased from 5 to 4 seconds
  • Cooldown reduced from 15 to 13 seconds
  • Can be held to instantly restore 110 health for all allies within a 15 meter radius .2 second cast time via holding

Amplification Matrix

Chile idk how to buff this and it not be oppressive

• Bap now gains ultimate charge while amplification matrix is up to truly spam it

Brigitte

Base Health Pool increased to 300
Health decreased by 50
Armor increased by 100
Health:Armor=150:150

Inspire (Passive)

• Duration (allies) decreased from 6 to 5 seconds (still 130 health)

• Cooldown reduced to .75 seconds

• Total healing self increased from 65 to 100

• Ignores barriers

Rocket Flail

• Damage increased from 35 to 45

Shield Bash

• Damage increased from 5 to 15
  • Stun duration increased from .75 to .9 seconds

partial revert

Whip Shot

• Ignores Steadfast’s knock back resistance

Personal Barrier

• Health pool increased from 200 to 350
  • Barrier deployment time is now 0 seconds
  • Holding up your barrier activates Inspire at 50% regular power 8.33 hps on self + payload / 13 hps for allies + payload
    Stacks with triggered inspire(s)

Armor Pack

• Cooldown time reduced from 6 to 5 seconds
  • Can be used without dropping Brigitte’s barrier
  • Can stack to speed up the heal by 50% 1 pack = 55 hps / 2 pack equals 82.5 hps while both are active / 110 hps while all 3 packs are active until each is restoring their allocated health and drop to one of the figures above
  • Over heal is now 50 + 10% of the maximum health of the target for all heroes in the tank role for a target with a total health pool of 600, it would take one full armor pack to give them their full over heal before they’ve sustained any damage
  • Gives armor to targets suffering from the anti-effect

Rally

• Stackable Inspire triggered upon cast for 125 health over 5 seconds for Brigitte and all allies 20 meter radius, like normal inspire
  • Radius for armor ticks increased from 8.5 to 11 meters
  • Duration reduced from 10 seconds to 6
  • Armor per tick increased from 15 to 17
  • Tick rate for armor is doubled
  • Ignores barriers
  • Brigitte recovers from crowd control effects 50% faster and gains steadfast at 30% during ultimate
  • Ultimate cost increased by 20%

Lucio

Sonic Amplifier

• Critical hit multiplier increased from 2x to 2.5x

Crossfade (Healing Aura)

• Healing per second increased from 16 to 24 per second

Amp It Up

• Movement speed bonus increased from 60% to 80%
  • Cooldown reduced from 12 to 9 seconds
  • Healing increased from 52 to 107 healing per second
  • Expands crossfade radius to 15 meters
  • Duration decreased from 3 to 2.5 seconds

Sound barrier

• Cost increased by 18%
  • Shield decay reduced from 125 to 100 shields per second
  • Ignores barriers

Mercy

Regeneration (Passive)

• Now gives Mercy ultimate charge
  • Healing per second increased from 20 to 35

Caduceus Staff

• Healing increased from 50 to 60 Healing per Second
  • Healing increased from 60 to 70 for targets at critical health

Resurrect (I don’t like it but they’d prob buff it, but im not sure how)

• Cooldown decreased from 30 seconds to 20
  • Movement speed penalty reduced from 75% to 30%
  • Cast time reduced from 1.75 to 1 second
  • Cool down is halved if Guardian Angel is active during interruption because Mercy can not use GA during the resurrect animation, this mechanic assumes Mercy either unintentionally pressed resurrect during GA or messed up someway somehow. cooldown of GA is still not reset upon Resurrect

Valkyrie

Resurrect (Valkyrie Only)

• Cast time reduced to .5 seconds animation will now be Mercy’s original hand raise. Interruptions must be during the cast time, regardless of animation

• Maximum cooldown of resurrect is 12 seconds when casted during Valkyrie

• Failed resurrections will have a 8 second cooldown

• Chain Beam Maximum Length increased from 10 to 14 meters

• Healing for primary target increased from 60 to 150 healing per second critical targets are healed for 175 per second

• Chain damage boost increased from 30 to 40% for target and chained allies.

• Movement speed increased from 9 to 11 meters per second

• Fire rate increased from 5 to 9 rounds per second

• Duration decreased from 15 to 6 seconds

• Cost increased by 20%

Moria

Biotic Grasp

• Healing per biotic energy increased from 3.25 to 4.25 consuming 20 energy per second of “spray”, this is 85 healing per second
  • Energy the spray damages barriers simultaneously for 4.25 per tick
  • Lingering heal’s total health recovery increased from 65 to 90

Biotic Grasp (Secondary)

• Maximum range decreased from 20 meters to 16
  • Healing per second increased from 20 to 35
  • Damage per second increased from 50 to 65
  • Adds an “overload” mechanic so that when Miaro has locked on a target for 9 seconds just “gripping” them it will overtax her arm and she will basically reload
    It works like a machine gun over heating, stop holding and it needs to cooldown, but the cooldown is ofc faster than the heat up
    This is to keep Moira from being over nerfed from “aim-lock”
    and if you want it shorter than 9 seconds, she needs to dps to get heals and has an overtime mechanic to still heal allies while damaging. This is a strict counter to dps Mario

Fade

• Movement speed bonus increased from 150% to 225%
  • Now better registers fade to activate immediately
  • Can be canceled by Noira

Biotic Orb

• Ignores barriers
  • Cooldown and duration decreased from 10 to 8 seconds
  • Damage orb total health increased from 200 to 300

Coalescence

• Maori can crouch
  • Cost increased by 15%

Zenyatta

Orb of Destruction

• Projectile speed increased from 90 to 105 meters per second
  • (Secondary) Charge time reduced from .5s an orb to .4 (total charge time is 2 seconds)
  • (Secondary) Recovery time after volley reduced from .65 to .5 seconds

Orb of Harmony

• Now has 3 charges
  • Orbs can be placed on same target maximum is 90 hps
  • Cast time increased by .45s I’m not sure what exactly it is now
  • If target only has one orb, healing is increased from 30 to 35 health per second

Orb of Discord

• Discord increases the damage received of a target by 60%

• Now has 2 available charges, whereas using a second discord divides the discord effect (30%)

Transcendence

• Healing reduced from 300 to 150 healing per second
  • Duration increased from 6 to 9 seconds
  • Maximum radius increased from 10 to 13 meters
  • Movement speed bonus decreased from 100% to 50% movement speed reduced from 11 meters per second to 8.25
  • Zenyatta heals for 300 health per second and has 300 health but can die from damage
  • Immune to damage scaling of critical multipliers (Critical hits do reg damage)
  • Increases attack & reload speed of allies within radius by 20%
  • All allies are immune to slows and movement speed penalties
  • Ignores the anti-effect
  • Zenyatta is immune to all crowd control effects but not boops. Ex: Zen will not be stunned during Roadhog’s hook but he will still be forcefully moved towards Roadhog unless the hook is broken
  • Ignores barriers
  • Cost increased by 20%
  • All allies within Line of Sight regardless of range receive an Orb of Harmony that stacks with Zenyatta’s available Orbs of Harmony. these orbs will disappear under the same circumstances as a regular orb, and disappear automatically after 30 seconds

Tank Category
All heroes allocated to the tank role recover from freeze, anti-heal, hack and knockdown effects 25% faster

D.Va

MeKa
Critical hit-box zone reduced by 20%

Boosters

• Damage increased from 5 to 30

Defense Matrix

• Cooldown decreased to 1 second, down from 1.5

• Maximum range increased to 15 meters

D.Va (Pilot)

Bunny Blaster whatever the pistol is called

• Adds a secondary fire which shoots a beam/projectile traveling 150 meters per second.
    Deals 30 damage + 4 per remaining bullet maximum is 110
  • 2.25 second (cancelable) charge time (no partial charge) with a 2.25 second reload

Orisa

• Protective barrier cooldown time reduced from 10 to 8 seconds
  • Total shield health increased from 600 to 700

Sigma

Kinetic Grasp

• Gives a burst of 200 shields that decay at 100 shields per second

Gravitic Flux

• Gives a burst of 200 shields that decay at 25 shields per second
3 Likes

Bring back Lucio’s line of sight, while also keeping his aura. Aura heals for more, but LoS is still good for those m8s who leave the AoE. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Every healer’s ultimate would have a defensive application that can save their team from enemy ults (even several ults at once), and it would charge very quickly.

Consistent healing would be mandatory.
Every healer would have strong sustain healing as their baseline heal, burst healing on a cooldown, and reliable access to AoE heals somewhere in their kit.

They’d be able to keep up with highly mobile, spread out teams and not have their healing suffer for it.

Every healer would be self-sufficient, and if they get dived they would consistently be able to self-peel… Hold on.

This is sounding awfully familiar…

:eyes:

Launch Version Of Overwatch, is that you?

4 Likes

Mercy’s ultimate should be replaced. That if you choose her, the ultimate goes on a timer and if it reaches 10mins before the next round your team automatically wins the game.

1 Like

Huh? This describes exactly 0 launch heroes (and only a couple of live heroes).

3 Likes

Basic

Mercy

• Health increased by 50
  • Regeneration gains a base constant passive of 10 health per second, to which the existing 20 health per second after not taking damage for 1 second is added
  • Caduceus Staff healing increased by 20 health per second to 70 Hps
  • Guardian Angel maximum range increased by 10 meters to 40 meters
  • Guardian Angel cooldown reduced by 0.5 seconds to 1 second
  • Valkyrie healing increased by 90 Hps to 150 Hps, self-healing increased by 30 Hps to 50 Hps, chain healing max range increased by 10 meters to 20 meters, duration reduced by 7 seconds to 8 seconds

Aim dependent

Ana

• Health increased by 50
  • Biotic Rifle healing lingers for an additional 75 health over 4 seconds if Ana crits, which is not stackable but refreshable
  • Biotic Grenade reduces enemy healing by 50% as opposed to blocking it
  • Biotic Grenade cooldown increased by 2 seconds to 12 seconds
  • Gains Steroid Injection on Weapon 2 with a 0.5 second cast time, a 5 second duration, and a 25 second cooldown - 50 Hps regeneration affected by Biotic Grenade, movement speed increased by 1 m/s to 6.5 m/s (~20%), 100% faster cooldown recovery, Biotic Rifle rate of fire quickened by 0.3 seconds to one shot per 0.5 seconds and reload time reduced by 0.5 seconds to 1 second
  • Ultimate changes - Ana gains Nano Shot rounds she chambers by pressing R starting with 1 at 0% ultimate charge and gaining a round every 20% of ultimate charge excluding 100% with a maximum of two unused Nano Shot rounds
  • Nano Boost is available at 100% ultimate charge after each available Nano Shot has been fired - every player who has received a Nano Shot is affected including Ana automatically, damage buff is reduced to 10% from 50%, healing is reduced by 150 to 100

Zenyatta

• Shields increased by 50
  • Orb of Harmony healing increased by 10 Hps to 40 Hps
  • Orb of Harmony returns after 7 seconds of not having Line of Sight as opposed to 3
  • Gains a second Orb of Harmony assigned to E, Orb of Discord goes to Weapon 2 (his Secondary Fire volley remains)
  • Gains Mind of Buddha ability on key 3 and a 15 second cooldown which is a 2.5 second state of invulnerability along with a 1 m/s movement speed increase and immediate commencement of shield regeneration but Orb of Destruction and Orb of Discord become unavailable, can be cancelled
  • Orb of Destruction damage reduced by 8 to 40

Dive

Moira

• Health increased by 50
  • Biotic Grasp Primary Fire maximum range increased by 10 meters to 25 meters
  • Biotic Grasp Secondary Fire damage reduced by 10 to 40 per second, self-healing increased by 20 to 40 per second
  • Fade maximum range increased by 25 meters to 40 meters, duration increased by 1.7 seconds to 2.5 seconds, vertical movement enabled by Jump for up and Crouch for down, can be cancelled
  • Base movement speed increased by 0.5 m/s to 6 m/s

Lucio

• Health increased by 50
  • Crossfade healing increased by 14 per second to 30 per second for allies and by ~7.7 per second to 20 per second for self
  • Crossfade healing area of effect increased by 13 meters to 25 meters
  • Crossfade movement speed area of effect increased by 3 meters to 15 meters
  • Sonic Amplifier damage decreased by 2 per round to 18
  • Soundwave gains a second effect either toggled or simply activated by Weapon 2 where as opposed to knocking back enemies Lucio knocks himself in the opposite direction

Control

Brigitte

• Inspire healing increased to 30 per second for allies and to 30 per second for self
  • Repair Pack cooldown reduced by 1 second to 5 seconds
  • Rally healing increased by 25 armor per 0.5 seconds to 40 armor per 0.5 seconds, up to 150 armor on self and allies as opposed to 100
  • Rally area of effect radius increased by 1.5 meters to 10 meters

Baptiste

• Health increased by 50
  • Biotic Launcher Secondary Fire self heals, slows enemies by 0.5 m/s for 0.8 seconds
  • Regenerative Burst cooldown reduced by 3 seconds to 12 seconds
  • Amplification Matrix becomes Baptiste Cage - area of effect 20x20x20 meter cube, damage amplification and healing amplification removed, allies and self within the Cage receive 50% less damage regardless of the location of the damage source
2 Likes

It’s not exactly the same, but at launch all of the healers could heal spread out comps with no problem, had very consistent healing, and defensive ults that charged so quickly that they didn’t need burst healing.

1 Like

Mercy
heals 85hps and instant rez

Ana
ammo 30 bullets fire rate halfed. 140hp per bullet

Brig
9 armor packs either armor or heal
(ie if you decide to give someone who needs only 50 hp a repair pack they get healed 50hp ad not get armor BUT they get a 3 second Hp buff for 35hp basically an inspire for someone else but you :smile:)

Zen
50hp 350 shield
can give 3 harmonies all 45hps

Lucio
make his boop heal 150hp
his speed and heals mixed heals 30hps

Moira 120hps
coal 300hps
(a tad much ik I can think of anything creative XDD)

I am forgetting someone ;-;

1 Like

Notes for this?

I dunno, I feel like healing was way weaker at launch.

That’s true. Lucio used to be great with spread out comps before his rework, but Mercy and Zen still are. And I’d argue Ana/Bap/Brig can do fine with spread out teams, depending on the composition.

I guess it was consistent, but it was but it was *very* low. Remember that Mercy had the best heals in the game with 50hp/s, and Lucio did a pitiful 12.5hp/s (40 during amp, which to be fair was pretty good). I remember guides would say not to even both healing outside of amp.

Zen’s healing has never been very good (plus Trance did 1/3 the hp/s at launch), and he wasn’t even playable because of 150 hp.

Rez absolutely did, and I miss the impact. But Beat only gave +500 hp, and Trance was way weaker (100hp/s).

Live Ana and Moira can put out ~150hp/s without even needing ult (admittedly Ana is single target), and Baptiste can put out even more with his amp matrix. They do way more healing than anything at launch, including Trance.

Buffing the healers is a lot harder than buffing the tanks, Mercy, Lucio, and Zenyatta coming to mind

Putting Zen on equal footing with Mercy for heals would then imbalance them pretty severely since Zen puts out so much more damage. However, Zenyatta needs that damage since that’s the only thing stopping him from being trash tier.

Lucio would also just be dumb since his healing is always active if he’s not speeding. Buffing it to main healer status would be busted.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t start with buffing the healers directly, but instead reducing the need for healing in the game as a whole. A couple ways you could do this are:

1. Add passive out of combat healing to the world. Eg, Paladins.
  2. Make healing only able to restore HP lost in the last 4 seconds. Damage is otherwise permanent. Eg, Battlerite.

Then go from there with the healer kits.

(I wouldn’t actually want to play such a game. Just entertaining the thought exercise.)

3 Likes

In a similar vein to your idea.

1. Critical Healing in TF2, where after not taking damage for X seconds, healing received is tripled.
  2. HP kits on top of their base instant healing apply a HoT over 5 seconds so their total amount healing is doubled but HoT is removed after taking damage.

Same deal, One healer is gonna be a nightmare, and that’s not only because of the 2 tanks and 3 dps pouring damage into you, making Zenyatta hot garbage and everyone minus Bap, Moira and Ana useless.

There's a second opinion for you. - Doc
3 Likes

Of course this is doable. What I find most surprising, aside from people struggling to imagine it, is that it hasn’t occurred to anyone that Overwatch shouldn’t be limited to 1-3-2, 2-3-1, or 2-2-2. It should include all of these and a few more role compositions. It’s such a struggle for people to think remotely out of the box without losing their minds in the process. This forum is a really dull place.

1 Like

Gotta get that nerf in somehow!

2 Likes

If you make supports being able to solo some of them will need damage nerfs. I can’t really tell if Moira deals too much damage at the moment, but it sure feels good owning Genji or chasing away a Tracer. Her targeting may be too generous as opposed to her damage per se.

1 Like

It would need changes all around for sure (10 dps though? lol). I just found it a little funny is all! :smile:

1 Like

10-15 DPS would make a big difference. 20 DPS and she would be a tickler.

1 Like

I get what you are saying but want to note – ultimates charged way faster back then so it was less of a support thing and more of an overall balance.

Originally however, supports did seem to be better built for ranged healing.

• Mercy’s guardian angel
  • Lucio’s massive aoe
  • Zenyatta’s single target range

They would go on to introduce Ana but by then players have started to adopt different trends than launch. Preferring to stack together in death balls (oddly, also fit Ana’s kit) and steam roll over the enemies rather than spread out thin like Support heroes seemed to be equipped for.

The devs probably imagined it in a 1-4-1 scenario (or 1-2-2-1) and saw players scattering to flank more often rather than hug up next to each other!

I think if supports went solo in a 2-3-1, they’d need way more utility! Probably less self sustain to give flankers some more power but they should affect how their team approaches a fight, even from the back lines.

For Experimental mode of single healer, duo tank, triple DPS ONLY:

• Mercy
    Base healing at 80 HPS
    Guardian angel functions as a Swift Strike as in she no longer needs an ally target to dash
    Valkyrie is now an ability that lasts 8 seconds. Lose Multi-Heal Chain but now while in effect, allies healed will gain a residual heal of 30 HPS for 5 seconds when they are no longer being healed
    Return of Mass Rez. But now it requires LoS and Mercy is not invulnerable during cast time. Ultimate can be interrupted but won’t drain guage until the Ultimate completes. Ultimate cost increased. Allies resurrected only restore 50% HP.

• Lucio
    Aura radius increased to 15m
    Allies that step out of the Aura maintain the active effect for 3 additional seconds
    Aura will play both effects at the same time but at reduced proficiency (ie while in speed mode, allies will still be healed but for only 5 HPS) switching modes makes the selected effect as strong as it is in live
    Amp up will grant BOTH boosted effects at the same time
    Shields gained from Ultimate drain at a slower pace compared to live. Cost increased.

• Zenyatta
    Can now place orbs without interrupting action
    Can now place up to two orbs of both Harmony and Discord
    Harmony and Discord Orbs now have a 5 meter AoE that effect nearby players at reduced values
    Faster M2 charge speeds, M2 can now knock enemies backwards relative to orbs hit

• Ana
    Primary will now pierce all friendly targets. It will however, be interrupted by enemy targets
    Biotic grenade now has a lingering cloud at point of impact that will stay for 4 seconds refreshing any effect or placing an effect should a player step in the area

• Moira
    Biotic grasp damage reduced to 30 but can now target multiple enemies in the target area. Target area increased. Resource regen buffed.
    Biotic grasp healing range increased, lingering effect duration increased
    Orbs can now be detonated in flight. Damage orb will create a void that will damage all enemies in it’s AoE that will also heal Moira and regen resource. Heal Orbs will leave a lingering cloud that places a 20 HPS HoT on allies that lasts 5 seconds

• Brigitte
    Inspire duration extended by 5 seconds
    Shield Durability increased to 300
    Repair pack changes reverted, stock capacity is now 6
    Whipshot can now pierce Barriers

• Baptiste
    Heal grenade radius increased
    Healing burst duration, radius increased

3 Likes