Two DPS matches an hour

I gave up on competitive myself after playing every season since beta. I do my placement matches than just play QP, where the queue times aren’t always great but are at least reasonable, when I get the OW itch.

This game is dead in the water competitively if you have anything less than a full time job’s worth of time to dedicate to it.

So stop solo queueing.

Groups aren’t a lot better unless you keep them small. Almost no incentive to do so either for non DPS players. Sure if you pair up with a tank your que is faster, but theirs is slower. If you six stack good luck.

My last group I just had during prime time we waited over 25 minutes and never got a single match before we gave up. Solo que is about all that is left in the game. Almost every one does it and if you group up your punished.

Four stacking or 1-1-1 every role is pretty nice.

What’s your Region that you waited 25 minutes for a game because that sounds like quiet Asia hours where there’s not enough players to form a match

Not if you actually play as a unit. If you bring a solo queue mentality and playstyle to a group your foolish ways will indeed be punished.

Queue DPS and Tank, and swap each game

1 Like

Less DPS in RoleQueue

More Tanks in RoleQueue

If you wait for next season, open queue will be back permanently. Still, that does suck. I’ve been getting queues no longer than 5 minutes mid Diamond Xbox.

Comp open queue comes back soon, they have to do maintenance on it. Then play that. Your issue has already been resolved, just be patient.

I like the first idea but for Quickplay instead… if you can’t get a match as a dps then lump the dps into a Quickplay classic match instead.

Like this?

✅ [2-2-2] Putting RoleQ into Quickplay

1 Like

Removing role queue would do nothing to solve the underlying cause of long queues (no one wanting to tank), bring back an equal amount of issues to the forefront, and undo any balance progress that has been made in the past year.

Regardless, open queue is already going to be an alternative anyway.

2 Likes

No, it would bring back one issue and only one issue. Social pressure.

Balance progress… rofl. What? Not sure if you noticed, but we STILL aren’t balancing for 222 and there is a really obvious reason for that when you think about it for a minute or two.

Indeed. A nice distraction while we wait for Overwatch 2. Hint hint.

Social pressure didn’t make the roles unbalanced and comps like GOATS dominate. Social pressure isn’t why no one wants to play tank anymore and a disproportionate amount of the population wants to DPS.

Blizzard created an incredibly difficult game to balance, balance being something that they are already not exactly skilled at. Until you solve those core issue of Tank comps dominating while also managing to make Tank more appealing at the same time, removing Role Queue is just going to put us back in an even worse position.

And like or not, the reality is that all the evidence points towards the majority preferring Role Queue.

3 Likes

It was the US servers, 4pm PST and we didn’t even get a match in 25 minutes, people just started leaving the group. How you play had nothing to do with my comment. My complaint was if you try and group up your que’s are super long.

Are you all blind? One of the biggest issues is that we have a forced 2-2-2 queue - which is fine - but the hero pool is 1:2:1… There are just so many more DPS choices than there are tank/support. And ON TOP OF THAT you are further limited by the need to have at least one main tank most of the time, so if you DO decide to queue tank for 10 games in a row and you are a off tank main, you have 3 choices to play around with. Same as main tank. While a dps player can counter enemies, has a choice of pretty much 10-15 viable heroes at any time.
In my opinion support is even worse, because they don’t play quite different enough.

1. Larger Tank and Support pool
  2. Letting me queue 2 roles and making another one, that queued like this (for example Damage/Tank) both flex roles in game (possibly still enforcing the 2-2-2 meta, so not letting both flexes pick damage)
    or even
  3. Making the queue Maintank - Offtank - Damage - Flex - Healer - Offensive Support (or another DMG)

Weird experience bro

Just wait until the next season for open quene then.

It is actually returning prior to that. However, adding open queue is not the same as removing role queue. So the point is moot.