Tune into the Overwatch 2 Reveal Event on June 16

At blizzconline had detailed stuff for each section while their main source were really broad. On their past stream they just tried the same but ended talking more than half about something that folks weren’t looking for ending not talking for anything and running in circles for about half hour.

The format it’s fine if you deliver content. They just repeated and circled between the same topic for more than 20minutes, leaving with 5-10minute useable footage. Because every time they gone back for the same questions and same answers.

I mean… the pre-recorded video is ~43 minutes long.

I looked it up. He says “the reckoning draws near” during the set up part of the match.

1 Like

I just hope that those 43 minutes came with something worth of having that size. I don’t mind if would take that duration and have useable footage of 22-25 minutes and some fluff and PR things in the middle.

The problem it is when your content a third or a quarter of that time. Repeating the same stuff isn’t great. It’s fine if you have at least 20 minutes of content on 40 minute video. not fine if your content it is barely 5-10minutes. If they didn’t spent too much time going back and forth on the last video they could had a better video with shorter amount of time and wouldn’t had the same bad reviews on it.

6 Likes

The first thing I thought of was Junker Queen. Idk why, probably only because she’s the only confirmed hero (the leak has been confirmed based on the ability icons that were used) that we haven’t gotten to play as yet. She’s probably a tank so I hope they reveal a support too, otherwise all the support mains are going to start complaining again.

Righhhttt…

I’ll believe it when I see it, please deliver.

well, they didn’t highlight them specifically, but here’s where mei ended up unmirrored winrate wise

https://imgur.com/a/lKsekV2

you can see her hair/snowflake pin sticking out above Lucio’s head

https://imgur.com/a/5NeFlRq

She’s here in weighted pickrates between ashe and echo heads

she seems to be doing fine stats wise in ow2 and they simply didn’t focus on her in that blog post

2 Likes

I would love to see overwatch come to mobile! YES

If you read between the lines, it’s basically a completely re-reveal of OW2 with (PvE + PvP), probably a cinematic, new gameplay trailer, hero/es reveals and more. They also will talk about the next steps. I just hope we get a proper Roadmap / release date for PvP.

2 Likes

I don’t see as a bad thing, but would be very very tonedeaf to hype up a mobile port at all after diablo immortal I feel :laughing:

1 Like

Cool, cool, but I feel a bit of a tease coming off of this line of ur words in ur article: “Some might say it’s time for a reckoning.” Hmmmm… Thinking Villians, like Maximillian, Giant, Purple Bot at the end of Storm Rising, etc. Maybe Junk Queen, heck, might be bold and say Fox Character, (Kanezaka teased character, u know. Not saying Girl like the rest think cuz I dunno anything that screams that it’ll be 100% a female. I say it’s still up-in-the-air.) and still be bold and say any1 from MEKA crew. I’m praying I get it right with my bold picks, cuz I rly wanna see those in action. But, it’s only prayers.

Well, would be more useful than previous one if they do that. I don’t mind the theme itself, repeating the same thing gets tiring. If they want to show some improvements sure, if they want show some videos sure. As long it doesn’t keep repeating itself I really don’t mind

1 Like

HULK dude, you want OW2 on Mac and on Mobile, and I know you said you play on console. Bite the bullet, buy a pc, join the cool kids

One of us, One of us, One of us, One of us, One of us, One of us, One of us, One of us, One of us, One of us, One of us, One of us

2 Likes

It just wouldn’t be overwatch without an announcement about an announcement. Or should I say, a second announcement about an announcement.

1 Like

Content-free corpospeak go!

Someone’s reading ahead in the script, nice!

1 Like

I’m not even sure what level of Inception we are on. So if OW2 was announced in 2019 that is one level. There was the initial release of the beta, so that is a level. Then there was the announcement of this announcement, that should be a level. So if they announce on the 16th an announcement of OW2 that should mean we are on the announcement of an announcement, of an announcement, of an announcement. Or in other words the 4th level of consciousness of our Inception. I think we need to go deeper, deep enough that eventually we have Leonardo Dicaprio himself giving the final Overwatch 2 is now online message!

1 Like

Can’t wait for an announcement that more of my mains will be being dumpstered or reworked to the point of them not being the same hero anymore (:

It will be pretty ironic if this ends up being what the stream is about. Especially with them saying “we are listening to the community” after the community hated that live stream. It really will just highlight how out of touch they are with their community.

Unless you are planning to reveal and test three new heroes then nothing matters and I won’t be surprised when it’s just one. You have to get to 10 new ones by November of this year, seems out of reach though.

I don’t make the rules either, these are just the realistic expectations and the bare minimum that most are expecting by the end of this year. If it doesn’t happen then the game is as good as over.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if we get 6 new heroes (10 is highly unlikely).

Given the PvP is now separately launching, it has to be good. Otherwise, not many are going to stay for the PvE launch.

1 Like

Now my math could be a bit off but by Nov 2022 is when we should have gotten to 10 heroes post Echo. So if they don’t hit that number then it’s kind of just laughable, that is the bare minimum. They should be trying for 12+ honestly.

2 Likes