Treatment of mercy players borders on abuse

Which is why I said to you that Mercy players get a lot of unnecessary hate.

1 Like

I’m not attacking nighthawk, i have nothing against them and simply disagree with what they are saying.

2 Likes

Pretty sure she’s still a solo target healer. Having an ult that can heal multiple healers doesn’t change that. It’s a strict superset of functionality. If you’re going to get mad at the dev team for a technicality on phrasing then you’re just being emotional about the hero you like instead of being practical and realistic about it.

Okay, I think people need to know that Mercy hate is different to hate to most other heroes.
Mercy hate is directed at the player for playing that character and is usually insulted by their own team members as well as the enemy team.

Most other heroes like hanzo get hate because of his kit, and when the player gets the hate while being on hanzo is most likely for not doing well.

I personally have not witnessed people in game or out of game be harassed for picking a hero unless that hero is considered a troll pick. The only exception to that would be Mercy players playing Mercy.

All those suggestions were not healthy for the game. It would’ve made Rez annoying to play against ot just made mercy broken.

1 Like

There you go. This is called lying to someones face. So not only are devs neglectful. They lie to players.

4 Likes

Reread what you just wrote…

2 Likes

Sue them. It’s their game they can do whatever they want. Also because they said something months ago, does not mean the same thing is true or relevant forever. Things change you know? Deal with it.

Exactly, which is why most of us constantly ask for a rework.

Why can’t resurrect being annoying for the enemy team? Why can the enemy team not be annoying?

Dumbest argument ever. ”ResURrEct is annOYinG”.

So is every other wiping ultimate in the game :joy:

2 Likes

That post was over three months ago. Since then a new hero was released and they’ve decided to rebalance the supports. You cannot reasonably expect them to stick to that for what, forever? What consistutes “right now”? A week? A month? A year?

I’d say 3 months is more than enough time to reevaluate things.

2 Likes

Ahem, he was directing that in the context of not changing her as in buffs or rework.

She isn’t 3rd most played and had a high win rate. Meanwhile is weird seeing mercy so often and the other supports so little. OUt two and two together and it’s a basic thing of you can tell mercy needs toning down and other supports need help.

You can’t simply call them out as liars when they try to balance the game to please more than just us mercy players

You ask for a rework, but then accuse them for saying something more.ths ago? And then base what you ask out of a rework or even older things they said last year?

When you say one thing. And then do the other without any warning its called lying.

1 Like

There’s also the existence of Deathmatch when Blizzard had already said previously that it doesn’t belong in a game like Overwatch…

1 Like

And the multiple times they said they would make changes on ptr and did not. I have no respect for devs that are liars and don’t care about their players feedback.

2 Likes

No idea what you are saying.

1 Like

Take them to court. Lmao.

1 Like

You’re playing the “technicality” game. You have to stop taking things that people say to be very strict. things are open to interpretation or have context beyond that. I would also call Zen a single target healer despite having an ult that does an AoE heal. So is Brigitte.

1 Like