Treatment of mercy players borders on abuse

Mercy mains are possibly the worst treated players in any game i’ve seen. The insults hurled are often downright mean spirited and hurtful. This is made worse by blizzard reworking her into an OP state causing even more hatred to a group of players who were forced into this situation and then outright neglected in the consequent nerfs. If you see a mercy main now you see someone who is playing the most unfun hero in the game and has devs that outright ignore their feedback. In all the games i play i have never seen a player group treated so badly and have people saying legitimately hurtful and toxic things in such a large number without action being taken by devs. Even paladins doesn’t have a group of the playerbase that people unironically act to hurt their feelings.

125 Likes

Apparently we are cultists…:man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

48 Likes

But but being in a cult sounds fun.

6 Likes

It isn’t :stuck_out_tongue:

Because everyone gushes over junkrat, right? Or doomfist. Or Brigitte. Or hanzo.
If it’s any comfort, one of the two reasons I started playing was Mercy mains, I still think they’re the coolest.

14 Likes
  1. mercy isn’t unfun because she’s still picked a lot
  2. reaper says hi
  3. I’m ngl ,mercy players (including myself) can be just as toxic as everyone else in this game. I’ve had homophobic mercy mains, I’ve had plain angry mercy players and I’ve had mercy players who literally scream about not getting help when they are out of position.

Mercy players do still get a lot of hate but we dish it out to people just as much sometimes. Also I find people don’t hate mercy’s players they hate mercy but use that as an excuse to bully the people who play her. Many people do not like mercy due to her Rez and that’s understandable it’s like how a lot of mercy mains hate tracer and Genji.

We are all trying to have fun in this game but overwatch is severely competitive no matter what game mode or what heroes you pick. Every single person in this community loves winning and hates loosing and we have all gotten angry at something in this game and blamed someone else. I know I have Andy if you say you haven to then you’re flat out lying.

Now I’m not trying to attack you or anything or throw shade but I’m just saying, we can be just as toxic and hateful to people as they can be to us. We also play a hero who has the most hated ability set So hate kinds follows mercy.

22 Likes

The difference is i have seen countless times where whole teams or groups on the forums gang up on mercy players and hurl downright hurtful things at them. There’s a difference between trolling and actual bullying which is something that mercy players often receive.

49 Likes

Life sucks :stuck_out_tongue: Just gotta deal with it.

2 Likes

Wow…

OP, you might want to step away from the game for a couple of weeks. It sounds like you’re under a lot of stress.

Seriously. Step back and take a break. You’re not being abused by the devs, and none of this is normal. If I knew you personally, I’d honestly be a bit worried about you after reading this.

17 Likes

Getting called a boosted one trick can really get to you when it frequently happens ;(

9 Likes

Lol no i never said the devs ABUSE the players. That would be silly. Plus its still just a game of course but the behavior of many players towards mercy mains often goes past simple trolling and steps into bullying.

10 Likes

are you sure you’re looking at who’s who properly in this case?

11 Likes

Same people who call us cultists :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

We stick together and defend each other, and people call it a “cult” or “hive mind”. Yes we defend each other, because it’s essentially us versus everyone else a lot of the time, or at least feels that way :man_shrugging:

1 Like

oh really

atleast they don’t get blamed for the loss and get called trash dps every game

2 Likes

Well yeah. We get called trash one trick supports…

2 Likes

Most of the time its the healer they blame. And usually the mercy.

16 Likes

everyone is toxic towards one tricks not just mercy one tricks

and private profiles exists now anyways

1 Like

I personally agree. While I’ve probably experienced the least amount of hateful comments for playing Mercy, I’ve definitely seen some awful things said to Mercy players.

It blows my mind that people can be so angry at anyone for who they choose to play in game. Of course that extends beyond Mercy players as well. Some of the sh*t I’ve seen and heard people say to and about Symm/Torb/Bastion/Junkrat players is just awful as well.

Probably why I play Overwatch in such small amounts of time. I’d rather not know how much worse it could get.

5 Likes

No, no blame at all. we just get called no brain healer mains who should let our boyfriends play and kill ourselves ^.^

4 Likes