Tracer's nerf allows cheese strats

Team was getting held by Bastion cheese comp. Switched to Tracer, farmed pulse bomb, stuck the Bastion. Before her nerf ez win, after her nerf useless. Bastion’s damage reduction and Tracer’s pathetic 300 damage pulse bomb makes the easiest way for an uncoordinated team (90%+ of teams in Overwatch) to break a Bastion bunker completely useless.

4 Likes

How much hp does a bastion have?

Add Ironclad + self repair to the mix and he’s basically imune to Pulse Bomb

1 Like

300, plus ironclad, means pulse bomb is worthless for assassinating Bastion now. Even pouring a clip in before throwing it rarely works.

1 Like

Use sombra, tell your team to attack? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

On one hand, yeah it’s super lame. On the other… you’re complaining about Bastion. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Tracer pulse bomb should of went from 450 down to 350 which is still over 20% decrease opposed to the 33% decrease she currently received.

Mean while junk rats are spamming 80-120 dmg left and right clicks while holding onto two mines that can do more burst dmg than tracer ults in similar time…with an ult that has a radius 3x that of pulse and damage 2x as strong as pulse…oh and it has more mobility than an ulting mercy.

Fun game Jeff.

6 Likes

they did this because of movement and hit boxes

That’s not exactly true. They did it because she was chunking down tanks quicker and easier than they wanted her to.

1 Like

I mean she has one of the hardest ults to use and they decided to make it useless… why shouldn’t an ult be able to take down a tank?.. blizzard is real smart.

3 Likes

First season where tracer isn’t dominating: let the tears flow.

2 Likes

It was a change made for higher levels of play, where a good tracer was pretty much unstoppable for multiple seasons. As far as the ways they could’ve toned her back, it was one of the more reasonable avenues they could’ve taken.

Continuing the discussion from Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – April 18, 2018:

How much health does bastion have after bomb?

IIRC, an unbuffed Bastion ends up with around 65 hp.

Napkin math that might not be perfect but is meant to account for Ironclad and armor:
300 HP - [(300*.8) - 5] = 65 HP remaining.

Obviously this can vary a bit if Bastion is buffed, and you can quickly find yourself missing a kill confirm if he immediately receives healing after the bomb detonates.

it wasnt 450, it did 400 damage. really i’m fine with the pulse nerf, but they could’ve done some fixes for it, like making it so it doesn’t just pop out of existence even if its stuck to someone and you get stunned afterwards. absolutely ridiculous that a risky and skillbased ultimate can just get completely deleted by random stuns in my opinion.

Tracer just needs to either clip him first then bomb or bomb and clip to finish.
They’re so used to sticking the bomb and rewinding out of existence they just got to stick around a second longer. Blink out to avoid blast of course

1 Like

“Risky and skill based”

Blink, Blink, Q, Recall

I agree it’s stupid that it just randomly disappears… but c’mon man, Valk is a riskier ult than Tracer’s.

Anyways, back to the OP, you just need to actually shoot him a little first. God forbid that Bastion isn’t a guaranteed free kill for almost everyone anymore.

Some burst heals kinda negate that approach in a lot of situations. The best thing your team can do is just realize that some coordinated burst wipes him out. There’s really no reason a Tracer should have to dive in alone to take him out. I think players just got a bit too comfortable with that being a possibility.

At the end of the day, it’s still a Bastion that is one of the most flawed characters in the game. Without his entire team dedicating to reinforce his position in something like a pirate ship comp, he’s just not that hard to deal with if you can get your team to coordinate a little bit.

I will agree that hitting a fast moving target such as Genji or another tracer, with a pulse bomb is tough. But hitting a tank or a stationary turret form Bastion is not hard to use.

She has the highest mobilty in the game and the fastest charging ult.

Hitting a tank or sentried bastion is not hard.

1 Like