Tracer NEEDS A Nerf - Change My Mind

You can’t. She’s a literal abomination and needs to be nerfed.

5 Likes

4 head she has so many easy counters. Just go for the easy mccree flash bang head shot or the hog hook. So easy! It’s not like her hitbox is the smallest in the game, and her insane mobility lets her be viable in any comp. /s

Honestly at this point it’ll never happen. Even dva got a slight nerf…who has along with tracer, been dominant comp for so many seasons it feels like tracer/dva+other heroes. So if ever, the last patch would have been a good time.

3 Likes

No, it’s not that easy nor is that simple, if it were she wouldn’t dominate the overwatch league, nor would hundred and hundreds of people ask for her to be nerfed, including all ranks.

It doesn’t seem likely but we still need to make this kind of posts to let Blizzard know what we think, even though it may seem useless most of the time. The recent actions they’ve taken show how little they actually listen to the community.

Except Tracer doesn’t have a 90% pickrate in every single tier of competitive. Just in GM. Diamond and under she’s barely used. And if she is, she’s pretty useless.

7 Likes

I was being sarcastic in my first paragraph. That’s why the /s is there :slight_smile:

Also, I’m certain blizzard has seen the countless forum posts. I really do want tracer nerfed, but I have a feeling blizzard has some metric they are using that we don’t quite seem to understand. Kind of like how nobody was asking for a zen nerf, then BOOM we got one.

2 Likes

"
C̢͕̝̖͖̝̝̹̫̬̖̐ͩ͂ͯ̎́̈̈́ͮ̂͆͑̈́́ͨ͝ͅH̴̨ͬ͌̄ͤ̐̌̄ͣ̓̂̎̎͘͏̠͍̙͉̘̪̘̮̘̟E̽̅͗̐̿ͯͨ̽̊̊̚̚͠҉̴̧͙̲͇̣̞̤͉̺̟͖̝͔͖̤͖Eͣ̈ͥ͊ͫͪ̇ͨ̋ͪ̾̂͆ͧͣ͌ͥͯ̕͘͟͠҉̳̦̫̟Ȓ̸̳̮̱̙̠̱̣̣̗̠̰͎̪̩͛̇̒̃̐̀͒͑ͯ̾̄̄͘̕͜Ṣ̸̢̤͍̳̫̺̫̬̝̲̏̓ͩ̀͘ ̵̰̲̤̠̦̜̹͎͓͈͕͇̭̣̯ͬ̊̾̕͘ͅL̴̡̲̜̭̩̻͍͇̻̳͎̞̭̮ͥ̄̇͐̊̀̓̔ͭ̿̃ͭ̈́̇͌̓ͭ͞͡ͅǪ̛̱̤͕͙̼̮̻͕̠͕̮̤̜͋̈́ͪ͋͛̽ͪͥͬ̍̽̊̚ͅV̶͇͔̪̪̘͇̤͔͗͛ͩ̿ͭ͋ͪ͋̀ͪ̕͜͟E̴̵̵͇̝͚̙̺͇̟̗̳̊ͩ̊̽̿̆̽͛̃ͫͯ͛̂͊ͭ͐͘ ̡̤̥̬͍͐ͫ͒̚͜͠T̷̡̤̤̬͚͖̜̀ͩ̂͌̓̂̆̓ͫ̽̔̄̐͆ͯͦ̃̀̕͜H̢̳͈̼͇̥͔̭̽ͤ̊͛͐͂̊͌ͭ̍̑̐̓̔̈́̌̚͟͡Ȩ̵̧͓̘̜̼̝͚̗̭̱̥̩͈̥̺̜̱̒̍͒ͫ̽̓ͤ͊̃ͦ̈́ͮ̊̍͌ͣ̍́͞ ̴̴̨̡̞͎̦̗͇̳̭̪̽͂͑̂͑͑̂̌ͭ̇ͧ̽ͦ͂̚C̶̪̗̘̖̲̞̰̖̀͛̊̎̅̊̽ͨ̋̂̉̑̄̾ͣ̇̀͡A̢̛̯̘̞̬̰͚͕͕̘̭͙̠̮̒́ͥͭ̊̓͊̔̇ͣ͢͝L̷͕̬͓̾ͥͫͪ̒̐͒ͭ̒̆̑͂͑̋̎̽ͮ͂ͭ́V̸̯̘͖̞̫̗͗͂ͫͭ͆̏̂̈ͨ̑͐̽̈̓͘͟A̢͌ͫͦ̅͒ͧ͌ͣ̐̂̽ͫ̓̎̒ͮͥͣ̄̕͟҉͈̹̰͉̙̻̭͕͓̱̘̼̥̻͍R̨̡̳̺̝̹̞̠̾̒̓̒ͥ̊̈́ͪ̍̿̚Y̴̢̯̳̱͓̗̘̦̣͖̯ͣ̉̍̿͊̊ͅS̈ͫ͒ͤ̽ͦ̀̿̌ͨ̆ͫ̍ͤ̈͒̂̀ͨ͟҉̖͕̫̙̩̼̤͟ ͂̓ͧ̎͊̃ͨͫ̃͠҉͕̰̘̱̘͙͎͓̱͔̼̮̲͕Hͬ̆̓̑ͭ̓̾͊ͬ̉͆̆̑ͫͦ̄͏̛͎͔͙̼͇̖̫̳̩͓͕͈̙͓̕E̗͎̘̠̜̗͎̹̲̼̜̜͚ͬ͂̏͌̓͌ͧ̒̿̈́͂̄͛̉ͪ̿ͤͣ̂́Ṛ̵̵͇͖͉̓̍̒̆͂E̸̺͖͉͉̜̩͔͊ͨ̽̏ͣ͋̃ͫͩ̄̒̒̇ͣ̓ͮ̆͜͠ͅ

6 Likes

Oh ok, i didn’t see the /s

I honestly wonder how long is it going to take for Blizzard to get fed up with the constant Tracer threads until they just come out and tell us to stop that she is not going to get nerfed and they don’t care at all what we think lol.

1 Like

Tracer is being indirectly nerfed with the new character releases.

Moira and Brigitte are great against her. And those are pretty popular healers nowadays.

1 Like

Moira not so much, i mean she is decent yes, but she is not a counter to Tracer, she is a counter to Genji. Brigitte i have no idea, i sure hope so, until we see her in competitive we won’t know for sure, i’ve tried her in QP but QP is such a mess that i cannot really judge by that.

I don’t know if they’ll nerf this, but Brigette has a combo that 1-shots tracker.

“Shield Bash - Melee - Boop” deals a little more than 150 and is quick enough that tracer cannot recall on time. It’s a 1shot kill as punishment for a badly positioned tracer.

In regards to Moira, I see your point. I was mostly speaking of the purple balls, since 50 hp/s can be pretty significant against a wounded tracer.

1 Like

To the OP: The reason why I think many people don’t think she’s OP is because of the risk that’s involved for her to dive the backline (especially by herself). Now some people on these forums may argue,

“But Selauriel, she just one clipped me!”

Well, lemme ask you something. Were you standing still? Were you walking in a straight line? Did she catch you off guard while you weren’t paying attention? Were you not with your team?

If you answer any of these with a yes, it doesn’t surprise me that you got eaten. If you have an ample amount of time on Tracer you would know it takes a LOT of tracking practice to one clip people who are moving. It doesn’t happen often at all – and if it does, you were either unlucky or you were out of position and not moving properly.

What a lot of people don’t realize either is that when she’s swatted away and forced to use recall, she’s basically out of commission for the next 10+ seconds. There are a LOT of ways to swat her away. Hanzo arrow, 2-3 shots from Soldier, Junkrat grenade/mine, Pharah Rocket, any bullets from McCree, Brigitte’s combo absolutely kills her no questions asked. No smart Tracer is going to engage without recall unless she’s absolutely sure she can finish off heroes while her team is in the thick of it.

She basically has the most downtime of any hero because she’s so squishy. She’s a glass cannon. If you don’t know how to kill her, swat her away and she’ll be gone until the next team fight which is essentially killing her anyway.

3 Likes

Damn that Tracker!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah i know, and it sure sounds great but i still have my doubts, in my experience against Tracer it’s very easy for her to just keep her distance, and she can do it, McCree has his FB and it doesn’t really work as well as some people would like to believe, sure you can kill her, but Tracer is always in control of the matchup, if she baits it, McCree is dead, if she doesn’t she just goes away and tries again later or goes to fight someone else. The good thing is that Brigitte’s stun has low cooldown so that can help, also the shift skill can be useful, but like i said we shall see.

Yeah she can do it, or just annoy her in general, i play Moira, usually what i do i just be on her butt to force her to retreat and make sure i heal people that she targets, and that strat is usually decent against her, the problem is though, and this is what pisses me off, is that Tracer is so strong that she can suddenly get a pick in a second before you even have time to realize where she is and do something and then thats it, her team has the advantage, some times i am literally on her butt, i throw my orb and right click her but she still manages to kill her target before using recall and laugh at me, and i just… facepalm and smh, like really?

Smurfs play Tracer/Genji > People get recked > Emotional people come to forums > Nerf threads are born.

4 Likes

That would only make sense if high level players including professional players were not also complaining about Tracer, even streamers (high level) are complaining about her. Also, if it were just emotional responses it wouldn’t be hundreds and hundreds of people through out already two years saying that she is broken. This argument doesn’t actually hold very well.

You’re just bad at the game. Change my mind.

1 Like

Tracer being OP is far from a consensus at high levels, sure she’s OP when some of the best players in the world are on her but that’s how infinite skill cap heroes are supposed to work. Overwatch forums are 90% emotional responses, how many rational debates do you see?

2 Likes

I’ve been in a lot of Tracer debates and there is a bit of everything, some might be but not all, making a generalization is a bit naive. There are lots of rational debates about why tracer is OP that is, if you don’t just assume that everyone is an emotional responses automatically just because they talk about her, as you seem to believe.

It’s also naive to assume that a belief is fact just because a large group of people think the same thing.

Overall in competitive overwatch Tracer has the 16th highest win rate and 12th highest pick rate. At GM she is picked much more often but still only has the 13th best win rate. To me it looks as though she is balanced fairly well throughout the ladder and the only time she’d stomp lower ranks is if there was a large skill gap between players (which does happen but that’s more of a matchmaking issue).

There is no debate. She is not OP until at least masters. If you are a pro on here, yes good luck she is OP. If not, just stop whining already.

3 Likes

Then i guess this is not a fact, it is a belief, like you said.

The numbers don’t tell the whole story, those are just statistical data which is useful yes but is far from evidence or proof of anything, if we took the numbers that are provided by those sites by heart, then we would come to the conclusion that the game is very unbalanced, because that is what the numbers say, but in reality things are different. Statistical data shows tendencies and can be interpreted in a number of ways but is never used as definitive evidence or proof. I mean if you want to believe that the numbers are the only thing that matters you are free to believe that.