Tracer is overdue for an astronomical nerf

Lmao :joy: it always brings me joy to see people whining about hanzo even when the dragon was backstabbed by cowards and traitors in s9 patch, shows how much of a failure that garbage patch was and how bad the hanz whiners are , still not using cover huh or basic awareness or movement.

Shall we make a dragon fly in the sky above hanzo all the time to help you folk, should it also roar and breath fire to make you more aware.

Shall we make a mei ice wall to block all hanzos first shot at you.

All the bigger projectiles/more hp changes are crap and basically the last drop that convinced me to quit

These posts and problems are just the results after that

1 Like

That’s why I said this

:slightly_smiling_face:

She should be high risk high reward, after the S9 changes she isn’t. She never needed the extra hp no-one did, she was perfectly fine at 150 hp, it served her well enough for 8 years

1 Like

Ya i feel the gunplay in single player games are better than overwatch nowadays been spending time on breakpoint in immersive mode.

This is the right answer can we all revert s9+ patches and go back to being a bad game with good gameplay rather than the current bad game with bad gameplay.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say a full revert to s8, there were some small positive things from S9 I would keep, like the self healing passive and the DPS passive (Although it would’ve been much better to ignore the screeching and just nerf healing on a by hero basis)

I do think the intentions for S9 were good, but blizzard went full blizzard and just went about it all in a stupid way, the reduction in burst and oneshots was a good idea, but instead of buffing everyone’s health they should have just nerfed damage on a case by case basis keep some one shots (spam rat, hanzo although I would still reduce the spam aspects of their kits, tie hanzos oneshot to a cooldown, and reduce junkrats nade damage after it bounces, with a faster projectile speed) and remove others (hog) high mobility flankers should be able to be one shot imo.

I feel like other roles besides tank don’t want to ever learn how to handle themselves. IE positioning, covering offangles, target priority, etc.

They’d rather have the things that annoy them or make them think just nerfed to the ground.

Whatever happened to relishing the chance to face a worthy opponent or solving a matchup to show your own skill?

It all died with ow1, cause back then Goodman bottleneck ignored those, nowadays it just takes a few weeks of whining and you get something awful done about whatever is whined that causes more problems.

I agree with most of your post but hanzo outside gutting storm arrows heavily like make it two or something i wouldn’t touch his primary.

It took real skill to be good at those whatever people say.

Also for junkrat i would have gone with the changes toast posted and even blizz talked about rewarding directs more and less dmg on bounce.

Regarding hog I never really had problems with him in all my years in ow outside the hook 1.0 that used to go through walls.

It’s really easy to dodge or break on all squishies and tanks outside ball df winton should be able to handle it.

I hate the current pigpen hog mainly cause he litterz on the floor and more visual clutter.

I hate their design philosophy of using items to accomplish gameplay rather than player playing like virus pylon mine

She has the extra HP cause the rest of the cast has extra HP…

There is a risk and that’s your ability to be deleted from out of nowhere.

Tracer has counters she’s just able to play around them with enough skill.

1 Like

Deleted out of nowhere by like 3 things total? What?

If ya think about it

Every single current balance patch today can be tracked back to them absolutely REFUSING to nerf OG Tracer, resulting in the monstrosity capled Brig 1.0

1 Like

As a Junkrat player, seeing a Tracer player complain about this is hilarious.

Okay, I misread this initially, but my point still stands.

1 Like

LOL. 5 orbed = skill diffed. Not a balance issue
Zen could do that since 2016 so where has power been crept

You underestimate how much effect bullet size has on Tracer.

I use various aim trainers while waiting for matches. One group of aim trainers (by Futz) features bots that shoot back if you drop their hp below 50%. You can’t actually die from them, but they are perfect aimbots that land nothing but headshots. They track your head perfectly and don’t deviate. It’s easy to dodge projectile bots, but hitscan bots? Good luck.

The Tracer bot, before season 9, was a joke past maybe 10-12m. Bullets would fly past your head, giving you plenty of time to back up before losing your health and getting an hp reset to full (you won’t die in these custom games). Now you have to be a little careful since her accuracy between 10-15m or so is greatly increased since season 9, despite the bot behavior remaining the same. She can tear you up from surprisingly long ranges.

Obviously that advantage translate slightly differently to human players. But as long as said humans can keep their crosshairs on target, they will benefit from the bullet size increase by being able to engage from at least a few meters further out than before.

1 Like

there’s a difference between “basic awareness and movement” and not being able to AT ALL go down the only path to get my team without getting one-shot by an arrow that wasnt’ even ACTUALLY aimed at me. YOu can moon all you want about this, but that is what happens and it’s ridiculous. At least with widow, there is a fair amount of space between those shots–decent Hanzo’s can spread them out enough that they FEEL spammed to opponents.
I like this character otherwise, but those cheap storm arrows have either got to lose their one-shot or need more space between when they can be used.

I am very happy that she’s one clipping Ana’s.

Oh please stop dressing down I went and stood in a choke without using cover.
These were two rare to account for anything hanzo hit 2 long-range crit shots per 10 min not even kills and those kill shot which missed someone and hit you should be way less than those.

So unless you were that ana main who scopes in and roleplays widowmaker most won’t be hit.

And nothing is random if you are repeatedly bonked by a hanzo.

See this wasn’t random as I was climbing I saw the ana shots on echo and went for her as she is easy and scoped in.

Also widow has plenty of questionable head shots even before s9 were you shoot body and it hits head

There is no such thing as you don’t die to random shots from hitscans.

I’d pretty strongly disagree with this. At the skill floor she benefits massively from her small hitbox and hypermobility. And with even the most basic amount of cooldown management she’s significantly easier to play and find value with than she is to kill.

It gets harder to utilize that as she goes up in ranks, but at the skill floor, I don’t think that’s the case.

1 Like

She only benefits if you’re able to do something with it. You dodging enemy bullets does not equal you getting a lot of value. You need to be up close to people to do anything to them, you don’t have any abilities where you press a button and pressure is applied for you. There are no auto mechanics or safe-distance utility. Her biggest strength is her potential to be unpredictable and her ability to disengage. Which granted are very strong toolsets to engage in duels and survive, but it’s not a lot of real world value at the skill floor.

She is a character that rewards people who know how to put pressure with her, how to path properly, etc. But she doesn’t reward players at the skill floor, hence why her pickrate and winrate in mid-lower ranks is pretty bad relative to how well she scales in higher ranks. Most people below Diamond don’t even know how to play her properly because the skill floor is so high that in 9/10 cases you get more no-skill value by just picking Soldier and shooting from a midrange offangle where nobody can contest you.