Toxicity TOWARDS dps

One I play support up until role q for obvious reasons like I’m throwing by having all dps.

Second, as Lucio I can fend off and kill a reaper. If I get a sigma to help me that reaper is going to die. Ana can sleep and anti made reaper. Literally he can just be deleted at that point.

Now it is easier to kill tanks after the supports are dead. As the game is right now. Before this patch even getting to supports in double shield was impossible.

If I kill both supports and begin on their tanks. a genji and tracer can easily delete you or reaper before I even have time to help you. That’s on you and the tanks not me as a dps. Me killing supports or harassing them won’t stop dps from going at the teams back line. Also a Winston dva or ball could still bully and delete me despite me killing the supports. If our tanks are helping the supports as they should. The tanks and supports could also just gain up on me as tanks don’t press w.

The point is no one knows everything that’s going on around them. It’s not as simple as just kill mercy 4 head.

Also when I play dps I don’t even expect heals. Unless I’m McCree specifically sitting next to you to help you against a flanker. I can go frag without you even seeing me. As long as our tanks get support and press w. My jobs easy.

1 Like

GM games are significantly easier to win than Diamond games. Because your tanks know how to create space so you have so much more room to play in. You can take aggressive angles knowing you’ll be healed.

In Diamond you have to create your own space by popping off constantly. It’s exhausting. And even when you do, it still might not be enough because your team doesn’t know how to press W and push in. And of course, someone instantly blames the DPS. Usually the Moira player, who has been gold/plat every season until recently when the double shield meta boosted her, and now she’s in a higher rank but still knows nothing about the game.

2 Likes

dps have double the cast of tanks and supports yet they dont switch

3 Likes

Yeah…makes you think why choose rein because your dps wants it…when hey surprise surprise they don’t think about the team if there’s a pharah…I figure after reading all these posts…
The biggest mistake I’ve made so far is even assuming dps on my team were team mates. The whole…" I don’t play tanks cuase they’re boring…" You think I like playing rein…do you think I want to hold up a giant shield? No…and I figure…screw it I’m done playing shield tank…I’m gonna play the tank I want to play…call it throwing…but I’m done sacrificing my sanity for the clinical depression. Hammond it is…only tank that always makes me smile… I figure…if dps can play their fav hero’s and be absolutely useless…so can I.

On NA server…it’s clear…no one will ever be a team player…egos and personal accomplishment are the only things NA care about…and its about time I quit forcing myself to try.

2 Likes

Just play dps. See for yourself if you aren’t a coward. And unprivate your profiles while you’re at it.

2 Likes

People antagonize DPS because they are the least affected by the handicapping system, and when they squander that advantage it lets the whole team down:

You can’t control the skill of the reaper. You can only control your skill. If you have trouble booping, hooking, stunning, the reaper… that’s on you

1 Like

Do you switch when you’re asked? I find a tank or support not switching a lot more significant than a DPS. Like tanks refusing to play a shield tank against double snipers, so the entire team is vulnerable. Or a support refusing to switch off of Mercy+Zen, so heals are super low.

1 Like

I would switch if they ask me, im very versatile and can play almost any hero on both the tank and supporr roster. But i wont switch if what they are asking me to switch to would hurt the team more than it helps.

Usually people dont ask me to switch cuz i do it myself. I just wait until after i have used ult see if that helps us out or not then switch if it didnt.

No…I antagonize dps because…I see a lot of DPS playing their fav 1 tricks whilst demanding a shield tank…and x, y supports. I don’t mind mostly…I do however mind when:

• Pharmacy isn’t even being shot at…I don’t even expect a kill…but letting a pharah just shoot down on tanks and supports… irritating
  • Getting ripped to pieces by a Smurf mei/ reaper/ widow/ tracer/ Hanzo…if you’re even remotely good at dps you get a feel for whether a dps is any good and if they are carrying their team…you would think a dps would say: " if I don’t make life hard for that dps…he’s going to shred my team"…I mean surely it’s obvious?
  • Playing your fav hero…into a comp that doesn’t just have you countered by 1 hero …but damn near the whole enemy team…like a genji into a (Winston,mei,Moira,zar,sym, and a brig)…like duuuude are you thicc…like I don’t play a wb into a mei/ hog…hell the mei is enough to warrant a swap…
    But I suppose dps live in another universe…
  • Playing a hero that just ain’t working…like I’ll give the DPS a good 3 mins to have a go…but after that…so irritating.

In light of the following…would you be irritated by dps as well…I mean sure a rein charging in like a suicidal idiot…I can understand…but if I’m actively pressing w…shield up bunny shield hopping. If there’s a widow, I’m trying to cut her sightlines off…and getting to enemy quickly to start cleaving…is different from charging in like a suicide rein, correct?

1 Like

Dps is the only role I turn off chat and voice chat.
It’s unfortunate but, I’m not playing to hear crap from tanks without a w key or from healers playing like a tracer.

Just to clarify, I’m main support.

Since I started playing dps with role queue (which is the best thing I’ve seen implemented on the game since I started playing in season 6), I respect the dps role a bit more, and made me learn about situations where I could help them better and not just let them die LuL.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed from bronze to plat. In my experience healers are the issue. People are one tricking Moira in literally every rank. Difference is, it’s more balanced at higher ranks.

Tanks are also the issue when they stand at choke instead of advancing in fear of death. Because their not getting healed

Dps is also the issue when they can’t hit or kill anything, all factors included.

See the pattern???

If people play their roles games will go better.

Tanks you have to move forward ESPECIALLY if y’all get an opening pick.

Healers keep your team alive, and trust your team to do dps, your job is to keep them alive by any means necessary!!!

Dps do your thing and know your limits. If you don’t have good awareness and aim don’t play that role. Choose something more fitting.

It’s literally all about teamwork. I’ve had games where I have 40+ kills 18k damage and 5 deaths (as hanzo) and we still lose. And I still ask myself what could I have done to make it better?

And comms is important at every rank. Do you know how long it takes to type that someone is behind? As oppose to just saying it.

Tanks don’t flame dps (their trying) hopefully. And focus on creating space and advancing forward with heals. And for the love of god if you get a pick press W as a team and maybe y’all can win more.

Healers just focus on healing and always look around (do 360 before and during every fight) it will help you physically see who needs heals. But if you were in you right position (behind the tanks) you wouldn’t have to as much.

Tanks you can’t stand behind a shield anymore, you have to manage your shields and cooldowns now. So you don’t have to be passive.

In closing, for all roles just keep in mind ACTIONS PER SECOND. In any role your in, think of
“what I can be doing each second to achieve the set objective of the match.”

1 Like

I got into a match where a tank and support were trying to play the blame game and went after our DPS, one asked why DPS are never in chat and the other one even stated, “because they get blamed… Well deserved.”

Needless to say, they sucked and the only time we did anything was when our DPS popped off and they were the only 2 to get cards from our team. Naturally.

1 Like

I think as far as supports go, moira one tricks have the least game sense because playing moira is so forgiving. Life steal, fade, and healing orb are such great self sustain abilities on such low cool downs, you would be insane to not play moira in 222.

I remember a time when i was scrimming against a top 500 genji/widow. I realized i was getting destroyed as ana and swapped to moira. As a plat/diamond healer, i was able to shut him down and frankly carry the fight.

The best part was it didnt even feeling as if i was trying.

Funny thing is that the most toxic is 90% of the time the most Pepega of the team, independently from the role he/she plays.
Hey just don’t understand what’s going on and blame someone else, coz “My TeAmAtEs aRe HoLdINg Me DoWn”

1 Like

The kind of players you’re talking about are often newer players being boosted by MMR/handicapping. All depends where you are in the system.

With shields being dumpstered, it is now up to the dps to pick their dps quicker. If you can’t do that, the team loses. You dps mains asked for this with the shield nerfs. Before we could make space for you, now you make space for us. Have fun!

4 Likes

Now nobody has to spend the whole game shooting shields lol. Orisa sigma was insane. You would spend 2 years sneaking around to flank and then sigma would just put the barrier in your face. Ummmm guess I’ll go back to my team now… ummmm guess I’ll just play doomfist =/

We can’t make you space if we don;t have shields. Its a give and take. When shields are nerfed, you are inadvertently nerfed. So now that there are no shields, its up to you to get a pick first on their dps so we can afford to take space. This patch is terrible.

Everyone is playing Roadhog and Ball because tanks suck right now. I’d rather have the self sustain of those two. You asked for this.