Torbjorn Rework Ideas

Here are some changes that I would make to Torbjorn

Torbjorn

• Decrease headshot hitbox
  • Scrap Collector: remove scrap regneration over time
  • Scrap Collector: gain 25 scrap from pickups
  • Primary Fire and Alternate Fire: Allow shooting at the same speed after meleeing (like Zarya)
  • Alternate Fire: make spread pattern more consistent
  • Forge Hammer: increase damage from 55 to 75
  • Forge Hammer: pressing melee button should melee
  • Turret: make Turret throwable (about same distance as Armor Pack)
  • Turret: decrease the amount of Forge Hammer hits to upgrade Turret from 5 to 4
  • Turret: Forge Hammer hits on a Turret while it is initially being placed count towards upgrading it (as long as it has not been damaged)
  • Turret: increase level 1 health from 150 to 200
  • Turret: increase level 2 health from 300 to 400
  • Turret: decrease level 3 health from 800 to 600
  • Turret: increase cooldown from 8 seconds to 10 seconds
  • Turret: if Torbjorn dies while placing a turret, the turret no longer automatically gets destroyed
  • Turret: add 50% drop off damage
  • Armor Pack: increase armor gained from 75 to 100
  • Armor Pack: show how many armor packs can be currently thrown on HUD above ability icon
  • Armor Pack: counts as healing done and gives ult charge when players pick them up
  • Armor Pack: cannot pick up another Armor Pack until you have used all the armor from a previous Armor Pack
  • Molten Core: no longer automatically upgrades level 2 Turret to level 3
  • Molten Core: no longer automatically heals Turret
  • Molten Core: Turret can now be upgraded to level 3
  • Molten Core: once Turret is upgraded to level 3, Turret stays at level 3 until Turret is destoryed
  • Molten Core: any damage from level 3 Turret does not count towards next Molten Core
  • Molten Core: gives max scrap
  • Molten Core: refills ammo
  • Molten Core: unlimited ammo
2 Likes

then you get a meta around orisa/rein, mercy, bastion and torb

boosting the dmg of turrets and protecting them…you would never push that if it stayed at max lvl forever.

Here was my original idea for torbs.

"I think torbjorn should be able to do fire damage. His character fits for a fire damage hero. He gun literally shoots molten rivets at people.

I think his Gun should have it’s base damage reduced for both his alt and primary reduced by 10. And instead be given a 3 second dot (fire damage) of 10 per second. Since his projectile speed is one of the slowest, it makes up for the missed shots in between. You could also up it a little like you did with hanzo. Still allow for headshot damage though, but just add the dot on top. The dot can’t stack.

His ult should have a fire aura during it’s duration of also 10 per second and his lvl 3 turret should shoot fire balls instead for more dot damage or keep it the same. Since there’s so many healing auras anyways we need a damage aura to help counter it. It kind of fits thematically too with his daughter in protection and him into damage.

Oh also, Im against him having more turrets, because with the symmetra rework and how easily she can put it out there, everyone would be focused on shooting all the turrets. I think him have one is fine. I think he should just be able to toss it a certain distance like he tosses his armor pack and it should auto build the where it lands. There could be two types. One that looks like a lvl 1 turret but generates armor packs around it every few seconds and the lvl 2 looking turret does more damage but doesn’t generate armor. Both turrets upgrade to the lvl 3 fire turret during his ult."

Now I think that his lvl 3 turret should act differently. I think torb should throw a fire turret that does dot over time to it’s Target and does more damage the closer you are to it. This will be a separate turret and goes away at the end of his ult. When he yells molten core, he tosses the flaming turret into a crowd. Enemies will have to clear the area or get burned.

But once it’s destroyed, it would be gone until his next ultimate. Stay out of line of sight of that Turret position and you’re good. Plus with the fall-off damage I suggested, I think it would be fine.

I feel like if the turret stays lv 3 after molten core ends, that would be pretty op.
Especially because molten core is pretty easy to get.

With my suggestions, the health would be decreased from 800 to 600 and there would be fall-off damage on the Turret. I believe it would work fine.

1 Like

again.

it would promote barrier tanks protecting turrets.

yeah falloff would lessen it…but at lvl 3 its still doing lvl 2 damage at logn rnaeg and anyoen who tries to clsoe gap to get closer takes lvl 3 dmg.

if protected by barrier then it is unkillable while firing nonstop at anythign in range/sight…

on maps where it has vantage point its even worse as only way would be getting close and at that raneg it would melt anyone not a tank.

Whats…
Molten Core?

I see a long list of points and none of them fixes core problems of hero :expressionless:
Except critbox reduction, but it is more like a bugfix or QoL level change.

Okay, I added this:

• Turret: make Turret throwable (about same distance as Armor Pack)

You should also add:

• Turret should self-upgrade or start fully upgraded

Here is why Torbjorn getting reworked :
There is no defence category anymore so characters like Symmetra and Torbjorn who rely on defence only abilities should change.
If you put too much on turret it will be op in lower ranks but if you dont put enough on turret it will be useless on higher ranks. Instead of focusing turret they should focus on his gun.
To me his changes should be like this ;

• Turret now starts on level 2
  • Hammer removed because you no longer use it to upgrade turret.
  • Remove scrap collecting make armor throwing on a cooldown ability.
  • Make his gun fire at a straight line.
  • Secondary fire doesnt need any change.

The problem with those is that if it started “fully upgraded” then wouldn’t that just be the new level 1 and then level 2 would be Molten Core Turret? And if it self-upgraded, then what would be the point of the Forge Hammer?

Actually it does not matter because devs already said that they are gonna make turret throwable and self-upgradable or just level 2 from the beginning. I mean, what the point of throwing the turret from range if you still force to get close to it to upgrade it?

It should go for good. Completely useless thing and I will not be surprised if they delete it.

You could throw it out and have it be a level 1 Turret until you are able to upgrade it. If it started at level 2 and you could throw it, I believe that could be OP. Keep in mind that with my changes the level 1 Turret now has 200 health and the level 2 Turret now has 400 health.

I suppose the Forge Hammer would still be good for repairing the Turret.

From what I read this is like beta Torbjorn from when he was pretty good.

Heck, I support this.

Yes, that is kinda what I am going for. Honestly, the beta Torbjorn was better than the Torbjorn we have now.

I just want him to keep drinking gasoline. I don’t mean that 89 swill, I mean the high quality 93 stuff that Torb so richly deserves.

1 Like

Um, okay? Don’t Junkrat and Roadhog drink gasoline too?