Torbjorn Rework Ideas

I think Junkrat is more of a hemlock guy. It tickles his tummy.

That is true. Any other characters drink that gas?

Wouldnā€™t be surprised if Baguette stole out of Dadā€™s gasoline stash here and there. Like father like daughter, right? Sheā€™s probably angry that he sent the turret to college while letting his own daughter become a car mechanic.

1 Like

Yah Bridge is probably a gas guzzler. How do you send a turret to college?

You equip the right Highlight Intro, I guess.

Torb is a weird, weird Dwarf. Heā€™s also the only hero in the game with an actual family thatā€™s not completely and totally messed up.

Ana and Pharah are family, but I am not sure Pharah was aware of Ana being alive. And thereā€™s some tension of Pharah being in the military.

But hey, Torb is a great family man, his wife makes him dress up as Santa, he has a daughter that loves fixing engines and has a cat and he sent his turret to college. That, and Mercy is a friend of the family.

Doomfist needs a family too. Maybe thatā€™ll mellow him out a bit.

You are an interesting person.

Whoā€™s family do you think Doomfist would belong in?

Any other weird lore stuff you know about?

1 Like

Being interesting lets one escape existential dissatisfaction with life. :smiley:

Well, Doomfist murdered his mentor backstab-style to take control of Talon. I am not sure anybody would willingly be in his family, although brainwashed Widowmaker follows all of his commands and to him that probably is as close to family as heā€™ll be comfortable with.

Torb didnā€™t actually send his turret to college, I think thatā€™s just a joke in the highlight intro. But, if you go to the Hero Gallery and look at it, itā€™s a pic of him and the turret, and the turrent has an academic cap and gown on.

I think that perma lvl 3 turret might be a bit op

What makes you think that?

Dunno,i mean its not permanent already for a reason right?

Wouldnā€™t be surprised if Baguette stole out of Dadā€™s gasoline stash here and there. Like father like daughter, right? Sheā€™s probably angry that he sent the turret to college while letting his own daughter become a car mechanic.

I spat juice on my keyboard

2 Likes

But if it is reworked it could work just fine. Like with the reduced health and only being able to build it to level 3 in Molten Core.

Torbā€™s got a few core problems:

1: Fighting him is trivial. Unless he gets extremely lucky with his scatter fire or his primary fire, no one really fears him and no one has any reason to not close with him, which is normally a big, ā€˜no noā€™ for anyone with projectile attacks. Even with bonus armor heā€™s trivial to fight because heā€™s got no defensive capabilities, no mobility based capabilities and his crit box is so huge that even scatter gun characters donā€™t fear him.

2: Once his turret is destroyed it is far too easy to pick Torb. Snipers and distance characters didnā€™t need the help. And neither did closer-range characters since itā€™s nearly impossible to fight characters that simply bring better kit to the fight than you. A soldier 76 who knows how to keep pressure applied without over-extending to try and snag a kill is a complete nightmare for a Torb to deal with.

3: Torbā€™s turret is stupid. No, I mean, itā€™s hit priority is always whichever character entered itā€™s range first so it will continue to fire fruitlessly on a Reinhardt with his shield up for no reason other than that he was there first while, say, a Tracer is humping Torbā€™s leg two feet away from it.

4: Torb is the only character in the game where, if heā€™s not set up, his ult is less than half as effective. Furthermore, Torb is one of the few characters in the game where his ult has real counterplay. Inflict 500 damage- or however much you need to kill Torb- and his ult shuts down. This is actually a fairly easy standing order since Torb was never hard to deal with in the first place.

Without diving into specifics, thereā€™s four things Torb really needs.

1: He needs to not be so helpless without his turret. Sometimes Iā€™m lucky and get a 1-shot kill on his scatter gun but that basically doesnā€™t happen, and when it does it usually revolves around the other dude playing like a nob.

2: Torbā€™s turret isnā€™t good enough to justify the sunk cost of building it. Once itā€™s destroyed it is way too easy for the enemy team to deny him building a new one, and they have no reason not to because that process is stupidly easy. A D.Va can hold down her auto-fire and Torbā€™s turret will never build because itā€™s stuck at repairing 1 damage a swing.

3: Torbā€™s gun should actually back him up, with the most obvious solution being that any target within range of the turret that Torb hits with scatter fire, the turret will preferentially target when possible.

4: Torbs ult should automatically upgrade his turret to stage 3 regardless of what state itā€™s in, even if he just dropped the turret, and the ultā€™s effect should persist regardless of whether or not Torb is dead.