Top 500 Overall Ranking, Name not listed

I’ve played 50 games in each role, I have my phone number verified, but my rank isn’t showing up on the Listing at all. What am I missing here? Is there a time for the list to update and populate, or is there something with my account that is halting my name from being up on the board? If someone internally with the information can answer, it would be highly appreciated.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. I’ve linked the competitive bugs megathread at the bottom of this post, which archives and documents almost every competitive bug. I put your thread under: Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 8). Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

I’ve linked the full list of potential solutions to your Top 500 leaderboard placement issue below:

So here’s the strange thing. With my account verified, which I’ve done, I’ve received a top 500 ranking previously in OW1 with my account as is. Was there a point in time where the accounts updated to require 2 factor authentication? I don’t remember that being a thing, although I did and do have it now. I didn’t when I received my Top 500 ranking and Icon for Team Deathmatch top 500.

1 Like

If I had to guess, it is because you only played 50 games but, in Season 3 of Overwatch 2, the developers made a change for Top 500 eligibility from 50 games played to 50 games won. So assuming your account is SMS and 2FA authenticated, unless all 50 of those games were wins, then the last requirement you need to complete to gain Top 500 eligibility is to win more games. There are however a couple of notable scenarios in which won games do not count towards this requirement, which I’ve listed in the link above. I hope this helps.

I’ve won 50 in each role. Is there a place where it says that 2FA is required? Just curious.

1 Like

The 2FA used to refer to the the Battle Net Authenticator App, but since Blizzard is no longer supporting that app starting this year, you can just use the the Battle Net Mobile App. I was curious myself and it looks like this was implemented back in Season 11 of Overwatch 1:

So just to let you know, this still says nothing about doing the authenticator or 2 factor on the old system, which was season 11 Top 500 ranks. All you had to do was add SMS protect, which is the current version of Phone Verification.

Once you enable SMS Protect is enabled, you must play a minimum of 25 games for any given role to qualify for Top 500 for that role (or 25 games each in all three roles to get the combined top 500), any games before enabling SMS Protect do not count!!

I wonder if during the account migration, you have to literally redo the SMS protect/Phone verification process to actually trigger the server to identify that you have it on.

1 Like

That might very well be the case, but that’s something I wasn’t able to find any information on. Nevertheless it’s definitely worth a try. Do feel free to give an update on if redoing the SMS protect process does help, and I’ll be more than happy to add another solution to this issue to the list.