To the people who clowned on me about Symmetra

To all the people who clowned on me saying we could give symmetra a healing turret and a healing beam in 2019 and clowned on me saying it would be trash and wouldn’t work

I would like to present Illari

2 Likes

They could have made it more fun though.

🍢 [Mercy] Spear of the Valkyrie

I like anime but that video at the bottom of ur post made me cringe very hard.
That is like peak mecha weeb figurine collection stuff.

No offense though good post ideas not bad, each to their own.

The devs who made Illari are different than the ones who reworked Sym back in the day,I guess the old team just wasn’t as creative about it.

1 Like

I’m not even just talking about the devs who didnt take my suggestion

I’m talking about the players who said “Lmao that would suck and be so trash :skull: :skull: :skull:” and completely clowned on my post.

Little did they know a few years later my idea became reality and she seems pretty good actual brainrot players

Illari isn’t Symmetra, period.

Healing turrets are horrible…on Symmetra. But when you make a support that is built around one then yeah, it is going to work out?

5 Likes

Illari could’ve been symmetra

to be honest shes a beam character with turrets if you flipped the damage into healing she literally becomes illari.

The only difference has been their secondary fire and their ultimate, and to be honest her ultimate is alot more support fitting than illaris ultimate.

She could have been if she went from 2.0 to this,it’s far too late now but I’m glad the new devs managed it despite the old ones telling us it doesn’t work.

Ye but ppl who like illari enjoy her primary fire and lets just say sym players wouldnt b able to use it effectively

If Sym went from noodle beam to Illari’s primary fire than yeah big oof,but I feel like if it was Sym she would still have her current beam instead of it.Blue beam primary,secondary yellow beam.

IDK dude this take is pretty :clown_face:y

I would not even say Illari’s works. She is purposely made stronger than she should on release to get people to buy the battle pass.

Illari feels like she was made to fulfill a mandate, because everything about her feels like she was made for Garry’s Mod.

I’m sure after the nerfs it properly won’t be good anymore.

Given I remember how much hell OP was put though for this, no it is not.

Do you know how bad something has to be for people to remember that long later on the forums?

4 Likes

We used to have whole civil wars on these forums over support Sym,I do remember also.

1 Like

Symmetra would not be Symmetra if she was Illari. It would not work the way you think it would.

1 Like

Hahah fair, fair, I’ll be gentler! Sym just feels like the devs fav rework punching bag, so I’d be really ticked off to see her go back to support and lose what she is. I didn’t even like how they changed her beam, and Zarya was my main tank in comp at the time.

I’ll rephrase: just because they could rework Sym to be a beam support doesn’t mean they should nor would the majority of (Sym) players want her to be. I’m glad there’s another hero with similar mechanics (and Sym Turret placement practice translates over to Illari), I just don’t think we need more critscan DPSupports and wish she had a different left click. Interestingly, I think Illari’s turret has too much HP and/or you should be able to crit the little ball on it.

1 Like

That seems fair. I think they should have split her. I like V3 Sym, but it makes me sad we had to leave V2 sym to get her, when they could have just built a new hero.

So I totally get what you mean. I am happy there is a new hero rather than a rebuild… again…

2 Likes

Very irrelevant take. Illari is built inherently with 60hps sustained healing. Pylon augments her healing output.

Symmetra is a DPS that people have envisioned with healing turrets. A single solo pylon is significantly better than 3-6 turrets you play as a constructor.

Pretty much the healing Symmetra take I think got split off into into its own character that became Illari much like how Genji/Hanzo were one character, then split into brothers.

Yes, Illari, that character that is Symmetra and features all of the Symmetra qualities that we’ve come to know and love such as a hitscan gun, a dash, and a giant bomb ult

Very Symmetra, you’re totally right in that giving the Symmetra we know healing turrets and called it a day

Hmm. What if they made some heroes work across multiple roles?

Bring back and rework support Sym, but keep DPS Sym too? Bring back and rework a bit, DPS Doom, but keep tank Doom? Shrink Ball down and rework him to a DPS, but also keep tank Ball?

You can double up on them. Have both Support and DPS version played. Or Tank/DPS version.

Sounds ludicrous. Ludicrously fun.