To the Overwatch Team, from a Level 5 Endorsement Player

I wanted to reach out and thank you guys for such a solid improvement to this game. I became a level 5 endorsed player relatively quickly due to me primarily playing healer or tank.

This feature has not only fostered and improved communication in matches I play, but has really made the looking for group feature a gem. I can almost guarantee every time I sync up for a group - especially in quick play - that I will meet up with hilarious, quality players with higher levels of endorsement. The past few months of Overwatch have felt refreshing and presented me with new friends and quite a few laughs.

I don’t think we say thank you enough for the hard work you all do and careful attention to the details, so I wanted to reach out and say thanks. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I responded to a number of questions or comments in a reply below.

74 Likes

While I know many people toss out endorsements like candy and arguably take away its meaning, the system is positive by nature, so I’m glad to have it. It’s a nice contrast for a social environment that otherwise only has “avoid” and “report” (negative) options for labeling other players.

Now if only it were available in Arcade modes…

16 Likes

While we’re on the topic, why do I get a screen about once a week on the main menu that congratulates me for hitting level 3 endorsement?

Does it just like to keep re-reminding me?

4 Likes

It’s letting you know you got some loot boxes for being good.

2 Likes

Would love to play with more level 5s and level 4s. Makes the game a whole lot more fun, win or lose!

I too got my level 5 endorsement quickly.

Hope to see you in game soon!

1 Like

Some serious corporate Kool-Aid in this thread…

27 Likes

Some negative Nancies over here. Congrats. I’ve probably only came across 7 lvl 5’s so far.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words, and more importantly, thank you for being a positive player in the Overwatch community. Good luck and have fun! :+1:

57 Likes

Congrats! I managed lvl 4 pretty quick but twice now I have de-ranked upon logging in… I think possibly due to leaving too early. /sadface

Someday I will learn.

1 Like

ooh got a blue post on your thread.

And he only had to violate the COC to do so, thereby further encouraging more people to directly address Blizzard in their thread titles! Of course Tom could have prevented it by not replying.

11 Likes

Most beautiful lie of 2018.

12 Likes

His profile is public, you can see his endorsement level 5

I like the feature, but it kinda lacks when playing in a group of friends. Such is the way of endorsements though, I suppose.

1 Like

how do you know he’s a positive player and not just spam “endors meh ples” every game?

8 Likes

They don’t really seem like that kind of person… Also, supports and tanks really do get more endorsements than DPS for the most part.

Because they refuse to acknowledge that their highly flawed, useless system, is trash.

7 Likes

I meant that endorsements improved the game, increased communication and stopped toxicity. Because that is a blatant lie and joke.

8 Likes

You really have to stand out in the kill feed to get endorsed as a dps.

1 Like

You can use them on the opposite team too…

1 Like