To the Balance Team

These are wack. Yeah, let’s ruin ball’s potential thanks Blizzard. Oh, and yeah let’s beat up Brig who is utter garbage now lol.

4 Likes

The point is though that handwringing over changes before trying them out isn’t productive, especially since they ARE more willing to walk them back. The best thing we can do is clock time on the PTR, see how it affects them, then post back.

People are overreacting to the Brig nerfs, they will hardly change anything about her

As for the hamster nerf, that one hurts more. It isn’t the end of the world, but when you compare Hammond to Doomfist, Hammond’s weapon needs the stun duration way more than Doomfist’s.

It might not be so horrible, but it won’t be great for a character who’s weapon is already kind of unreliable.

Sigma and Orisa have both seemed totally fine to me. Overshadowed by Reinhardt, certainly, but not weak on their own.

I didn’t play that much Baptiste before or after the changes, so I can’t really comment from that perspective. I can say that everything else definitely feels better without the lamp-behind-the-wall problem, so I’m glad they solved that in any case, but this isn’t likely to be the last of his changes.

To some extent, you’re right, though. “We’re going to be targeting the meta with balance changes” could be rephrased as “We’re going to make people change what they’re playing more often.”

they ruined every single hero i liked to play… i deleted the game, i’m obviously not welcome in it.

1 Like

I used to but ptr is always so dead. Besides, we’ve been seeing what their changes do to heroes.

She shouldn’t even be nerfed

Neither should he.

Man, they nuked the last meta, people only play Rein, Ball, and D.va now, and now they’re going after Hammond.

People shouldn’t have to drop their heroes every month because they keep getting sent to F tier, thats terrible balance.

5 Likes

Hammond’s nerf definitely makes sense, it’s consistent with other recent nerfs and with Doomfist’s comparable ability.

Brig’s is random, but again makes sense. I’ve been saying she’s a sleeper pick that can dish out quite a lot of healing over a match, even enough to overtake the main healers in an especially good match. I think the developers realize this despite how the community thinks. I’d say be thankful the nerf wasn’t more harsh than it is.

I mean faster changes, as well as more dramatic changes, is what people have been asking for, so now Blizzard is giving it.

The fact that they’re more willing to revert stuff means that feedback based in actual testing, rather than speculation, is going to be more important. Also consider that half the reason PTR was unpopulated was because it was the same conservative changes for more than 2 weeks. With the way the past month of patches have been, and especially now with them trialling the hero pools on PTR, you’re practically getting a different play experience every day on PTR.

I wanna say to the balance team stop listening to DPS otherwise you might aswell scrap tanks/healer & turn the game i to COD, DPS have ruined the fame enough stop with the stupid nerfs to tanks/healers & nerf the crap out of the DPS

2 Likes

Not if he’s already balanced though.

She’s a main support, she’d be terrible if she wasn’t.

I don’t think it’ll be more populated but sure, I’ll try the ptr.

2 Likes

Nah OP, more like:

Blizzard is losing money in OWL, we need the OWL to be faster paced with more kills and more DPS kills for money and views. Let’s make sure Tanks suck except Rein, and make sure Supports get solo’d by all DPS. All of these changes help OWL retain and attract more viewers. You as a consumer, don’t matter at this point. Best to just join the DPS queues.

3 Likes

Brig is not a main support, her healing per second is not high enough or consistent enough for that to be true

1 Like

Yes it is and yes she is. That was the point of the rework, most Brig players run her as a main support now. Her armor packs are basically Mercy’s beam and then that cranks up with Inspire. Brigitte can’t compete with Zen or Lucio, her ult isn’t strong enough.

1 Like

I would agree with that at face value, but I definitely don’t agree with the implication that most of these changes are putting things in “F-tier.”

Also, even if they occasionally overshoot the mark, they’re finally starting to address the things that I wished would have been the first things they addressed for each character, so I’m pretty happy with that. If we went on an archaeological quest in the forums, we’d find ancient posts from near the release of each respective character where I suggested reducing the lockdown on Piledriver and Halt, making Flux possible to interrupt, and reducing the overheal armor on Repair Pack. The changes look different when they’re the last things to happen instead of the first, but it’s still nice to see the team starting to acknowledge the same problems I saw upfront.

You don’t use Brig’s ult like Zen’s or Lucio’s, you use it like Mercy’s

As for the healing being like Mercy’s, yes for 2 seconds on a 5 second cooldown. She can put up to three on a teammate, but after that it’s 5 second cooldown. That is not even close to as consistent as what Mercy does.

Brigitte is not a main healer because she can’t keep your team going through thick and thin. She has to land attacks to heal properly, and if the enemy doesn’t want you to do that then it isn’t going to happen often enough to close the gap without another good healing source.

All of the main healers have either super high hps or a constant stream of healing at all times, and you can always rely on them in a pinch. Brigitte does not function at all like a main healer.

Eh, she’s normally picked in place of Lucio. Without access to triple support, it’s extremely risky to play her alongside “off” supports, despite her excellent synergy with Lucio. It’s just not enough consistent healing once the repair packs run out.

Making everyone equally unfun is the best way to lose your playerbase.

3 Likes

Nobody’s been asking for Brig nerfs since the rework except people that literally don’t want her to be viable. Ham hasn’t been nerfed yet because people think its a bad idea.

They could at least make some more heroes viable before coming after other heroes.

Mercy’s a main support, they get push ults.

I thought it was a 4 sec cooldown? Anyway, of course Mercy’s is more reliable, its her thing. Brig has main support output. Its not the most consistent but thats why you run an off support, Zen can top anyone up, or Lucio.

All the Brigittes I’ve played with run her as a main support. Brig+Lucio is fantastic.

1 Like

Brig has the output of a main support, but only in a good match. Otherwise it will fall short.

The reason she can potentially heal much more than Zen or Lucio is because she doesn’t provide too much direct utility to her team besides her ultimate, and she doesn’t do very much damage.

Genji will never be good on his own. Genji needs dive meta. And even if their is dive meta, genji probably is not first or second choice. And that is good. Noone needs genji in competitive matches.

2 Likes