To All the people wanting barrier nerfs

You’re probably Widow/Hanzo mains aren’t you? There’s ways to get around barriers easily as a DPS : it’s called Bastion and Junkrat.

Seriously. Barriers are fine ( except Orisa’s, please buff that ).

Controversial opinion here, I know, but they’re completely fine and break so easily anyway, there’s no problems with them at all.

13 Likes

Why Hanzo mains? Isn’t Hanzo a pretty reliable shieldbuster?

9 Likes

Hes decent, especially now that Storm Arrows get 70dmg per again

2 Likes

Shooting into to double shields isn’t fun for the DPS or the TANKS.

If tanks don’t want to be punching bags their shields can’t take up 70% of their power budget.

7 Likes

None of the experimental went live…
And

I’m kinda glad
They should revert arrow speed… Not storm arrow dmg IMO

2 Likes

Tanks should want to be punching bags, considering that’s part of the job.

We never hear about DPSes not wanting to DPS, do we?

6 Likes

D’Va one trick here.
I’m all for barrier nerfs so that the meta slaves will stop insisting on tanks with barriers and let me use D’Va more without complaining.

4 Likes

True, but most don’t.

The amount of tank players is too low and half of those can’t stop complaining about horrible it is to play a tank.

So something needs to change.

The value of burst hitscan is the root problem of the game.

A Hanzo, Ashe, McCree, or Widow force a shield, counter shieldbreak heroes, and pick apart slightly exposed heroes the most.

Solider 76 can’t peek a sniper, doesn’t punish an exposed pixel behind a shield, and is wasting time shooting shield. Not to mention gets less value vs armor.

Burst hitscan literally force a meta by existing and are also tremendous against said meta.

6 Likes

Why would you play Sustain DPS when someone can go behind a wall and shield and be full hp in less than a second.

With the way the game plays burst damage is the only thing that works.

I’ve played a bunch of Orisa. The fact that her gun has built-in lag means that it’s a good idea to shoot barriers with it; I can confirm that I don’t find it fun to fire at damage sponges and hope that the devs revise barriers in some way.

Genji’s buffs are going live. Moira’s nerfs are not. Those are the only confirmations we have right now, and they’re most likely coming with the new patch that’s coming this week.

1 Like

you mean the 2 brainded dps? aim somewhere and hold a button. they both are extremely boring and unfun to play

I want a Orisa shield buff, but a Sigma shield nerf. Why? Because Orisa is dumpster tier without that synergy and Sigma’s main power doesn’t come from a high health shield

1 Like

Very irrelevant. They still exsist to take care of barriers. Learn to swap.

1 Like

gotta agree.
my real only problem is that every non-barrier isn’t good enough at defense that barriers are needed

1 Like

What in god’s name has driven people to demand barrior nerf!? I can’t TELL YOU how often people have destroyed my barrios as Orisa, Rein, Winston, Sigma! They all break like glass in under a few seconds! The worst is Winston but Sigma, they rush right bast it just to kill me! Bastion is pure cancer! That little turd sits there and melts shields even if its double!

2 Likes

id rather bang my head on a wall than play junkrat

Jeff already said they’re looking at barriers. Even the devs accept that barriers are a problem.

1 Like

Oh but barriers are not fine.

The perfect way to nerf barriers effectiveness, and they will always be effective no matter the number of the shield because of this.

BURST DAMAGE IS TOO GOOD. BURST DAMAGE FORCES TANKS TO USE A SHIELD SO 4 OF 6 ON THE TEAM DON’T INSTANTLY EVAPORATE, THE SOONER PEOPLE CLICK TO THAT FACT THE SOONER YOU’LL STOP HAVING BARRIERS IN YOUR GAMES. Non burst is non comparable to burst because they are so far apart in terms of effectiveness, and even risk factor, burst and CC have defined the tank meta towards being infinitely more survivable because the other option is bye healers guess I’ll just die.

The shield metas are a SYMPTOM, and not one you can fix by trying to hide the SYMPTOM. The games non burst heroes are effectively cut content because of this, and simply moving shields further out of the way isn’t going to help.

I’ll not tell you it’s unhealthy to nerf shields - I will say however, you’re still going to have them or whatever can best emulate that effect. If you wanna fix the game, find all the crap that made us over reliant on burst because anything else is useless. Burst gets the same overall dps more rapid reposition abilities does not have to fight the rate of incoming healing - yet non burst gets the same overall dps, most of these heroes are very static in movement with exceptions of tracer or genji who instead fall on the sword of their effective range and the fact armor makes them do piss poor damage while it will only take 5 off of any burst heroes shots, they also have to fight the fact armor pisses on their damage numbers WHILE HEALING IS INCOMING TO HEAL IT, and for alot of these non burst heroes, the damage against armor is reduced by FIFTY PERCENT, NOT A FLAT RATE OF 5, and you wonder why burst is extremely so more prevalent, and why the tanks who block their bs are the only viable tanks to most people.

The metas are literally formed around STOPPING BURST DAMAGE.
Learn it. And then you can get on the right path to fixing the crap that is your problem with barriers.

If the barriers get nerfed before the other directions are taken, you’re just going to be able to see more of the actual problem, and it’s going to be worse overall - and could even bottleneck dps and heal queues even more as tanks are just not about to deal with that as it will feel like aids.

In this respect though : as a closing note.

At this point, either R-E-M-O-V-E S-H-E-I-L-D-I-N-G, and make the game completely skill reliant so that peeking corners and map geometry is how shielding works, or fix burst damage and stick with the system you’ve half built.

Either one of those are fine by me, at least the game will have a balance direction for bloody once that can be fixed, not capitulating to people with no clue about how the game works and creating worse problems that are now even harder to fix.

Blizzards biggest mistake was NOT NERFING TRACER as the EXCEPTION THAT SHE WAS, and instead they crept the whole game up to her level with rather aimless tweaking on numbers as far as I can tell. There is no real direction for this games balance right now and people are whinging about the symptoms being present, my only question is will blizzard stay on the track of doing the wrong thing because “That’s what the community wants” or will they actually uproot the problem and make the game actually have 20+ heroes for the first time since year 1.

2 Likes