Time for a proper MMR reset

I just have a question. Does MMR affect who you get matched in the same team with. Coz i almost reached plat on support. Highest i went was 2442 SR but i just can go beyond that because i get matched up with retards who play like they dont even belong in gold. I just cant stand it anymore like im trying to get to plat on my support but just because of stupid team mates i get stuck in gold. I just feel so frustrated and feel like quitting like seriously its getting annoying. Ive been trying for weeks but keep failing.

1 Like

Again sweetheart. It is hard to understand I know. Why you talk about mmr? What do you know about mmr? Where is your source how mmr is calculated? The only thing they mentioned is sr.
You talk about things you dont know and cannot know anything because they have it under wraps for a while now yet you still pretend to know something everybody else dont and do a little pr on forums. you are pathetic

Yes it does. Matchmkaer is trying to create balanced team with same average MMR, so he will pick players who are closest to create most balanced game possible.

Retards are in every ranks.

You have get better at the game to carry more games to climb from it, try to ask for coaching here on forums.

A lot, but I wont bother you with that anymore, you would probably dont udnerstand it anyway based on your comments.

it can’t be both. one of your statements is BS. who cares if placements are wild if within 15 games the system has quickly put you in the right place. 15 games does not equal ‘months of chaos’.

Lmao so it is gg and leave game? :smiley: I see how you do things :smile:. A lot eh? “A lot” is not an answer that I would expect from someone who knows everything about matchmaking. If he doesn’t know everything why is so loud on forums and responds on every posts that criticize something about this game?

You made my day buddy thank you.
:grinning:

But it is both, it doesnt go against each other. Your initial placement and how the system is acting towards you in first 15 games is completely different vs how system is acting towards you after that and in season placement.

Yes it does, look how is the system acting now with people manipulating their SR/MMR. Imagine it in much bigger scale, with everyone being out of place, there will be no data where to place people because everything is reseted. people with all different ranks would be put together in highe chaos, and it will take months to settle everything back to normal. You have to realize that not everyone would be playing at start, people would go back again and again, and every week there will be a lot new people being reseted who came back. It would be chaos…

I dont know everything, but I have some knowledge, if you are truly interested, go check my topic where you can read about it, it might help you understand why RESET would be bad with current placement system.

Or ignore it and continue with hate posts against me…

You are annoying buddy because you respond to people criticizing something with your conjecture. They may be wrong with their assessment but you are so arrogant when responding that you use half facts and forum opinions as truth always defending every sistem implemented no matter the cost. In my opinion you are intellectually dishonest.

What ever, I still love you :slight_smile:

Try to understand why people complain about something or some aspect of the game because it is not always bad or wrong and then … I will also
… not hate you :slight_smile:

People like to complain because it makes them feel better… to get it out , to blame something and not them. I would aprreciate if you will read my topic I posted btw, I am actualy itnerested to see opinions about it.

Every thing invented in this world was invented because somebody was frustrated with something.

MMR adjusts quickly. SR does not. There’s no contradiction there.

the OP titled the thread MMR reset. SR as we’ve been told by everyone represents your MMR. either that is BS and the two can be quite different or they’re close to each other and MMR changing rapidly will also translate to SR.

you cant have both yet these forums, depending on the argument, will argue both sides of that as true.

1 Like

When people request an MMR reset I assume they want it when a new season’s placements start (so MMR AND SR reset). That would make every ranked game a coin flip for 2+ months where whoever lucked into the better players on their team wins each game and silvers get carried into diamond and masters down to silver just by luck of the way the teams fall.

If you just do an MMR reset mid-season without any SR adjustments (no placements for most people), the effect would be less severe. It would be the same as removing MMR and making the matchmaking algorithm choose teams based on SR for a few games until MMR adjusted.

so … exactly as the game has been for the past … well since 2-2-2.

Not even remotely close. You complain about being with people you think are out of your rank because they play like they’re ~200 SR off of you. The reset would have people 4000 SR apart from each other in the same games.

I would not say frustrated, most invetions are made because people are lazy and want to make things more easy and a lot of inventions is related to wars.

I was in Plat 2600 - low Diamond all 19 Seasons. I have since dropped to Silver and going further down. I can get four golds every match and die the least of everyone on my team and lose again.

This season the MMR / RANK is broken for me with a gold border. I have never been below Plat in 19 seasons and now I am Silver Tank and Low Gold DPS. My Support is still 2700 Plat.

I honestly feel if I got a new account and played I could be in Diamond for Tank and Support and Plat for Damage.

1 Like

Can you actualy share one of your replay codes, i am really interested to see plat/diamond player who is stuck in silver, because I dont understand how is it possible. Can you share it please?

Like yeah I was stuck on alts for a while sometimes in silver rarely, few times in gold for few days, but I climbed every time in few weeks easy. But going so much down on already older account is pretty “WTH”.

1 Like

Why the contradiction? It’s like reasoning forced 222 because Goats, but no wait also because 5dps. Like which one is it bruh?

Which one is it? A system that ranks/places people where they belong? or where they don’t belong? You can’t have it both ways. The ladder is either fine or it’s not. If it’s fine then a reset won’t be an issue. If it’s not fine, a reset won’t matter anyway. We’re talking a week or two of “placement-like” matches, not months lol.